The Voice 21 TV Ratings ⭐

istersay

• istersay changed the title to The Voice 21 TV Ratings ⭐
1 hour ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Winning the demo is all that matters, but I didn’t expect them to not crack 7M. 

The show seemed to be booming on social media but the actual viewers show that Ariana didn’t really help at all.

network tv is all but dead. You can look at the other figures to see that.

my guess is the Voice is looking at digital numbers more. (Trends, views on Facebook/tiktok/YouTube etc..)

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

my guess is the Voice is looking at digital numbers more. (Trends, views on Facebook/tiktok/YouTube etc..)

I would say there’s a noticeable bump on SM, but not enough to justify paying her $20+ million. And I don’t believe for a second they didn’t expect her to increase viewership. 

I don’t think there’s anything else they can do to increase viewership especially since Ariana couldn’t give a boost. But reality is this is network tv across the board. Some are experiencing a drought in ratings more worst than others. The Voice should be greatful that they still have strong and consistent ratings unlike most of the shows out on tv now.

I thought Ariana would help at least a little but looks like her fans are just going to follow along on social media. Plus im sure the vast majority of her fan base streams everything and doesn't have cable with a network tv package. Not to mention that demographic just isnt going to sit down and watch a 1-2 hour show twice a week.

6 minutes ago, kclarkson1323 said:

I thought Ariana would help at least a little but looks like her fans are just going to follow along on social media. Plus im sure the vast majority of her fan base streams everything and doesn't have cable with a network tv package. Not to mention that demographic just isnt going to sit down and watch a 1-2 hour show twice a week.

ALOT of people streamed 😂 like ALOT

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

The digital stuff is important, but I think they still care about actual viewers. However, I think the 3 day number that includes delayed viewings is now considered the most relevant metric.

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

The digital stuff is important, but I think they still care about actual viewers. However, I think the 3 day number that includes delayed viewings is now considered the most relevant metric.

are they picking up delayed viewings on streaming platforms like Hulu, Sling and YouTube TV in the delayed viewing metric?

20 minutes ago, Shinuki said:

Despite the premiere being down, the 2nd episode did good, S20E2 did 6.35, so is exactly 1 million viewers more for S21

Interesting. I went back and looked at that, and for some reason that Tuesday episode didn’t air until 9:00 PM ET, assuming the wiki page is correct. That might have something to do with the poor ratings. 

On 9/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, jus.willy said:

The Voice is actually in extremely good standings compared to other network shows. Scripted and Unscripted.

NBC release a press about this. Well it's self promotion but still

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/b29a33c4-b7b0-4307-b588-a83e800b4e6b

For the first time in 20 years, NBC will win Premiere Week (Sept 20-26) in total viewers for entertainment shows only, in addition to also capturing the 18-49 demo race for the 10th consecutive year.

NBC leads in total viewers by 49% and in 18-49 the difference was 57%. Excluding 1988 due to the Winter Olympics, both figures are the largest difference between first and second place networks for Premiere Week in measurement history.

On the unscripted side, “The Voice” season 21 premiere was strong Monday and Tuesday, ranking as the #1 entertainment program on each night. Within the first week, the Sept. 20 telecast of “The Voice” hit an all-time high across digital platforms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dany said:

NBC release a press about this. Well it's self promotion but still

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/b29a33c4-b7b0-4307-b588-a83e800b4e6b

For the first time in 20 years, NBC will win Premiere Week (Sept 20-26) in total viewers for entertainment shows only, in addition to also capturing the 18-49 demo race for the 10th consecutive year.

NBC leads in total viewers by 49% and in 18-49 the difference was 57%. Excluding 1988 due to the Winter Olympics, both figures are the largest difference between first and second place networks for Premiere Week in measurement history.

On the unscripted side, “The Voice” season 21 premiere was strong Monday and Tuesday, ranking as the #1 entertainment program on each night. Within the first week, the Sept. 20 telecast of “The Voice” hit an all-time high across digital platforms.

periodddd as it should !!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...