Zoey

Updated!

Ā 

Alex and Jim be like

Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

Edited by FrogLenzen

Derek Watches SYTYCD NL1

Ā 

Remember, I donā€™t have any context like auditions or rehearsals or judging or even eliminations or what styles people are. Just routines.

Ā 

Top 18 Week

• Group routine - acceptable
  • Uri/Anuschka Broadway - Acceptable until Anuschka did terrible chaines and then couldnā€™t recover from her split at all lol
  • Ivan/Sigourney samba - his hair is bad but he tried to make something out of this. She was like.. a sedated sack of potatoes
  • Gianinni/Anne-May - I love how they just stood there for like four 8 counts lol. AND THEN SHE KEPT STANDING THERE LOL. He seemed pretty good but she could kind of be anyone. THEN THE BAD LIFT! Oh and sheā€™s running/flailing. Oh man, sheā€™s got some clothes. sheā€™s on the ground. sheā€™s spinning clothes. sheā€™s leaving. This was wild in a bad way
  • Bram/Julia Jazz. Holy sh*t they take forever to start dancing on this show. This was one of the worst things Iā€™ve ever seen
  • Giotta/Ceraldo Disco -Ā  OH. OH OH OH. This girl is SCARY. Sheā€™s going to sneak into my house while Iā€™m sleeping. The lift into the spin while heā€™s doing the pony is making me lol
  • Alessandro/Dapheny Waltz - This seemed whatever-but-passable until her dress got stuck which was distracting and then they did theā€¦ idk what it wasā€¦ natural rolls while sheā€™s limp like a corpse? Horrifying.
  • Giorgio/Marielle Contemporary - I hope heā€™s not a contemporary dancer because his ankles and feetā€¦ no. Wtf was getting into that first lift??? And a very UNFLATTERING lift at that. Ew wtf is happening. Another awful lift set up then he grabs her with his flipper feet and throws her WHAT IS HAPPENING. Oop and thereā€™s a camera in the shot lol
  • Timor/Annemiek Rumba - This is when I first discovered how Timor carries this season on his back through the Top 10 and beyond. But it will still be a while before I am able to differentiate Annemiek from the other ā€œAā€ named girls lol. GIRL FIX YOUR KNEES AND ANKLES. I swear these girls are like bags of joints. I love a developpe that extends and then just stops before the knee is fully flexed because the girl has awful knees. Even so, this is easily the best of the week.
  • Boris/Eline Hip Hop - Are all these guys hip hop dancers? These two really fought to make this routine work. Decent for what it was. LOL the camera gets a huge glare from a spotlight and just STAYS THERE. Who is directing this?? Iā€™m blind now.
  • DFYL: I only have boy solos and idk which ones are from Top 18 week so Iā€™m going to guess the first 3?
    • Alessandro: WTF HAPPENED???? BBY R U OK??????? WTF he starts over again????? I donā€™t have anything in between idk what is going on lololol. Well heā€™s a ballet dancer I guess
    • Giorgio - and heā€™s a break dancer lol. This is basic but I like that he can split
    • Bram - kind of odd but worth keeping him around. If he calms his facials
  • Eliminated (based on the front page lol):
    • Dapheny and Alessandro. Iā€™m giving them the side-eye for dropping the dark-skinned girl first but overall this is fine.

Ā 

Top 16 Week

• Group Hip Hop - This is whatever (LOL at I think Ivan just sadly clapping in the middle) but the music mix is awful and WHO CUTS THAT BUSTA SONG RIGHT THERE???
  • Bram/Julia Jive - Not these two again. lol wtf happened when they suddenly dropped out of the camera frame?? GIRL THAT KICK. GIRL THAT LIFT. Sheā€™s like 95% elbows. And another insane music cut at the end.
  • Giotta/Ceraldo Lyrical - Uh oh scary girl is back. And she brought her ankles. Some of these dances do this thing where thereā€™s choreo on only 1-2-3-4 and nothing on 5-6-7-8. Or choreo on 1-2 and nothing on 3-4. Odd.
  • Uri/Anuschka Hip Hop - This was basically the running man for 2 minutes. Poor Anuschka could not function by the end of this lol get a stretcher for her
  • Gianinni/Anne-May - who invited this girl lol. Fell out of her 2 tiny pirouettes. And the cane section was excruciating. Get this guy a new partner. OMG HER LAST JETE. I donā€™t think she even knew what heels were before she got this routine.
  • Timor/Annemiek Hip Hop - This is good in any context. But after watching the rest of these routines itā€™s magical.
  • Giorgio/Marielle Cha Cha - Giorgio did the impossible and was worse than one of the NL1 girls. No really Iā€™ve been hating on the girls but whatever is happening with Giorgio in this is unacceptable. Like Cedric levels. With insane face pulling.
  • Boris/Eline Foxtrot - this was fine until she slipped and then whatever tf that lift was. I guess they recovered. Oh, this boy has kicks
  • Ivan/Sigourney Contemporary??? - after all those terrible dances these two still managed to pull the most bizarre choreography of the season so far. They kept looking like they forgot it and were just looking at each other. WTF the chest bumps I canā€™t. She pets his hair in the end. Sure.
  • DFYL from this week maybe????
    • Boris - oh man is he a contemporary dancer??? Now Iā€™m not sure about him anymore lol
    • Uri - you can stay
    • Giorgio - you can leave
  • Eliminated:
    • Eline and Giorgio. idk what her solo was but she didnā€™t seem like the worst girl of the week. Giorgio was the worst boy though, bye
Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Ivan did not cut his hair to be left out of this. His hip-hop with Sigourney is season defining!

Ivan is like very talented and had a few standouts. Timor always carried the season for me though. Giannini follows closely behind!

I think Netherlands 1 is one of the few where we're all in agreement just because there's so few standout contestants. :haha:Ā 

Ā 

But also, wasn't there that one year when Megan and Jimmy almost got Timor to win the master ranking over Kathryn which resulted in an IDF meltdown? :dead:Ā 

Derek Watches SYTYCD NL1

Ā 

Top 14 Week

• Group Routine - NO THEY DID NOT put the boys in hot pants for a Kylie song. I live. Kylie rankdown when? omg they put the word ā€œWOWā€ on the screen confirming that Iā€™ve lost my mind
  • Timor/Annemiek Quickstep - acceptable. You can tell by the way Annemiek carries herself that sheā€™d be hard to lift (I speak from experience lol) but Timor never struggles whatsoever
  • Uri/Anuschka Jazz - Aww I liked this. Is that Natasha Bedingfield?
  • Bram/Julia Hip Hop - she has like 40% of his energy in this and that hat is killing me. But otherwise passable
  • Boris/Marielle Hip Hop - Thank goodness she lost Giorgio. Have I lost all my standards or was this also kind of good? idk about the lip syncing tho lol
  • Giotta/Ceraldo Broadway - Scary girl is back and sheā€™s easing on down the road to murder you in your sleep. Idk what Ceraldo did in this besides wiggle his tongue because I was so fascinated at the disaster happening with Giotta.
  • Gianinni/Anne-May Contemporary - WTF THE CHEST BUMPS ARE BACK. One of the most unmusical pieces of choreography, itā€™s like the wrong song was playing. But apparently Anne-May is not totally useless
  • Ivan/Sigourney Paso Doble - Oh, this was dancers actually dancing a dance. Who would have thought.
  • DFYL from this week maybe:
    • Ceraldo - this was fun
    • Bram - Weird, I think Iā€™m over him
    • Ivan - was he really in the bottom after the Paso?
  • Eliminated:
    • Ceraldo and Giotta - Hmmm not sure I would have sent Ceraldo home but at least Giotta now has more free time to steal teeth from small children or whatever her day job is

Ā 

Top 12 Week

• Group Routine - Is this Fame but in Dutch? Why are they all wearing 80s workout clothes? I feel like Iā€™m taking crazy pills. OMG there is a live singer what is happening
  • Ivan/Sigourney Hip Hop - This song makes me think of Jack/Kate. And this routine also makes me think of another season because itā€™s actually decent haha. But I donā€™t understand the rose petals at the end, wut. But I guess this is the week Ivan fixes his hair, good for him.
  • Bram/Julia - Bram you forgot your shirt. Cute concept that led to some insane styling. Cute choreo. Wtf style is Julia and why does she let Bram of all people outdance her
  • Boris/Marielle Tango - Ummm what kind of Tango opens with the guy just casually jogging onto the stage. Ooo and heā€™s ACTING now. I feel like a red tucked in turtleneck is kind of an oddball costume. omg the ending is all over the place
  • Timor/Annemiek Contemporary - Lol Timor casually doing a ponche in the back. Thank goodness heā€™s here. Annemiek next time just ask the choreographer to not give you any unison with Timor. And work on your ankles
  • Gianinni/Anne-May Hip Hop - ooo this girl is dead weight again
  • Uri/Anuschka Pop - They got through it, not the worst
  • DFYL
    • Giannini - best solo of the season yet
    • Uri - fine
    • Boris - Uri is dull but you have to do better than this to beat him, bro
  • Eliminated:
    • Anne-May (finally, geez) and Boris
Edited by FrogLenzen