SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Gian Luca Loddo

p01044qv.jpg

I’m on my phone and don’t want to hold this up any longer, so I will make this pretty later. While I don’t particularly like either Kirsten or Geisha, Gian Luca was a Top 18 boot on UK2, so that made my decision pretty easy here. He is a Contemporary dancer. Top 20 week, he danced a Jazz to “Forget You” with Paige Smith. Top 18 week, he danced a Cha-Cha to “When I Grow Up” with Stephanie Powell. He was eliminated after the Cha-Cha. I don’t remember those routines, but considering how underwhelming  the UK seasons were compared to the other versions, I’m sure those routines weren’t good. So yeah, easy cut for me to make.

Save: Kirsten Wicklund

Choreography: Geisha Chin

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

Also, those list of saved and sent to choreography dancers are tragic so far. It’s abundantly clear that the only goal of each of these nominations was to get Tiffany and Nick Young saved in Dee’s and Andrew’s respective  rounds. :dead: 

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Also, those list of saved and sent to choreography dancers are tragic so far. It’s abundantly clear that the only goal of each of these nominations was to get Tiffany and Nick Young saved in Dee’s and Andrew’s respective  rounds. :dead: 

Exactly which fine but i am not looking forward to the finale rounds here 

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 2 - JC nominates next)

Derek Watches NL3

Top 14

• Natascha/Eldrick - Samba - Bumpy Ride: This was fun. Hmm the judges don’t seem on board. Is there behind the scenes drama with this couple or are the judges just turning on Eldrick for no reason
  • Stephanie/Caggie - Modern - What’s Up: omg this song is so random. Why is this couple always going 1st or 2nd. This had some interesting moments but I wasn’t blown away.
  • Lise/Chico - Quickstep - That Man: good song alert! It shouldn’t be so hard to get a good song and good costume and good choreo. and Euvgenia is standing. yeah this was good
  • Hettie/Floris - Hip Hop - 99 Problems: umm this song is kind of heavy for a sytycd duet like this but okay. Floris tried to make this work. of course Dan loved it lol
  • Raquel/Stefano - Modern - Ne me quitte pas: this started a little shaky but they recovered well. nice
  • Agar/June - Jazz - Clap Your Hands: wow he totally missed his kip up and his back tuck. this poor girl getting this joker lol
  • Enora/Lorenzo - Lyrical Hip Hop - Wolken: I don’t know if I was supposed to know the exact storyline with her letter in the beginning, but this was 😭😲😍😢❤️❤️❤️💔😭🥰🥰💖🥲❤️
  • Group - Storm: WHAT IS GOING WRONG WITH GROUP ROUTINES ON THIS SHOW? This song. The sneakers. The tank tops. The weird movement. The totally sloppy sloppy sloppy mess of an effort by the dancers. Where are my legendary group routines like Canada and Australia
  • Eliminated
    • Stephanie: rude
    • Junes: good god finally bye bye bye bye

Top 12

• Raquel/Stefano - Lyrical Hip Hop - Unfaithful: friendly reminder that I ranked this song dead last in the Rihanna rankdown. they tried but most was not in sync
  • Enora/Lorenzo - Rumba - Hou me vast: idk if this had the most Rumba content I’ve ever seen but she is stunninggg
  • Agar/Caggie - Hip Hop - California Gurls: yo Dan just called him “Chuckie” lmao. It’s nice to see Caggie be confident for once but this was kind of a vapid routine overall
  • Lise/Chico - Jazz - Make You Feel My Love: aww this was nice. Dan agrees.
  • Natascha/Eldrick - Modern - Don’t Speak: omg I love love love her. but why are the judges bussing Eldrick so hard I don’t get it
  • Hettie/Floris - Waltz - Moonlight Sonata: this was kind of silly after watching the previous two routines. This song is like… in the top 5 pieces of music ever written and it was way too much for them imo. Let’s do this again with Els and Danny Tidwell or something
  • Group - Dynamite: whoa, Taio is actually there hahahaha what. I need to know what producer I need to speak with to explain that no one is tuning into SYTYCD to watch sloppy generic backup dancing to pop singers.
  • Eliminated
    • Agar: I guess they dragged her far enough, oh well
    • Caggie: for the performance episodes, this poor guys danced 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Either way he was kind of the obvious choice to go with so many hip hop guys

The top 12 rumba is when KoenRoem made Enora have like an emotional breakdown because they kept calling her cold and unemotional.

The top 10 drama is good because the women chose their male partner that week and an interview with Enora said every woman wanted Chico (Raquel chose first) and despite Lorenzo being good and a fan favorite NOBODY wanted to dance with him.

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

The top 12 rumba is when KoenRoem made Enora have like an emotional breakdown because they kept calling her cold and unemotional.

The top 10 drama is good because the women chose their male partner that week and an interview with Enora said every woman wanted Chico (Raquel chose first) and despite Lorenzo being good and a fan favorite NOBODY wanted to dance with him.

I obviously like Lorenzo a lot and find him very talented, but he looks like he's probably a jerk haha

Just now, .Rei said:

I obviously like Lorenzo a lot and find him very talented, but he looks like he's probably a jerk haha

I can’t find the interview but Enora was very diplomatic explaining. But it came down to I think that Lorenzo had a big head about himself.

9 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

4 hours ago, totes4totes said:

There IS behind the scenes drama with Eldrick and Natascha.

From what I can gather they aren’t too fond of each other. And I believe before that Samba Eldrick showed up like late to rehearsal.

👀👀👀

4 hours ago, totes4totes said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

23 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Front page is updated! @JC has 24 hours from now to post 24 names. Since he is out of town I won't make it a hard deadline but hopefully he has time to check in with us at least.

@JC hope everything is good! I will be thinking about taking over your nominations if we don't hear from you by noon-ish Eastern tomorrow.