Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1993 - 3-1 Posted)

Alex95

6. BlacKkKlansman

main-blackkkklansman-laura-harrier-john-david-washington-bar.jpg

7.7/15

Watch Trailer

@FrogLenzen - 2/15

@1234567890 - 4/15

@Alex95 - 5/15

@Elliott - 6/15

@goofycilla90 - 6/15

@*Chris - 8/15

@Deeee - 9/15

@.Rei - 11/15

@Steven_ - 12/15

@*Diana - 14/15

Alex

Spike Lee very rarely lets me down, I think he's one of the greatest filmmakers currently working. I would hardly consider this my favorite Spike Lee film, but it's still great. Humorous in the right places, but also extremely serious and meaningful. Adam Driver is amazing, but the legendary Harry Belafonte steals the show for me in his scene.

Dee

A very great Spike Lee film. I could never get into the movie that much, but there is no denying its quality.

5. Black Panther

bp2.jpg

7.3/15

Watch Trailer

@Steven_ - 2/15

@Alex95 - 3/15

@Elliott - 3/15

@Deeee - 4/15

@*Diana - 4/15

@.Rei - 7/15

@FrogLenzen - 11/15

@*Chris - 12/15

@goofycilla90 - 13/15

@1234567890 - 14/15

Alex

Idk why y'all are bending over backwards to protect the most basic ass superhero movies when we've got Peak Marvel right here. Everything was right about this movie. The storyline, the acting, the directing, the writing, the action, the diversity. Truly one of the best times I've ever had at a movie. It holds up on rewatch as well (and my heart breaks knowing we'll never see Chadwick playing the black panther ever again :broken:)

Dee

Like Roma, I find Black Panther an absolutely perfect cinematic experience. The best film in the MCU. An absolutely important piece of Black film and I am so lucky I was able to view this gift while Chadwick Boseman was still alive.

Derek

I will be bored when this wins but I will live

4. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-spiderman-suits-social-featured.png

7.2/15

Watch Trailer

@Elliott - 1/15

@.Rei - 2/15

@*Diana - 2/15

@FrogLenzen - 4/15

@Deeee - 5/15

@Steven_ - 6/15

@Alex95 - 8/15

@*Chris - 14/15

@1234567890 - 15/15

@goofycilla90 - 15/15

Rei

I'm glad this made the top 15

Derek

a threat to win and the only superhero movie that would deserve it in any year

Dee

The best storytelling in any superhero movie that I have seen. Easily. The coolest visual style. Easily. 

Alex

The hype was REAL for this movie and if I'm gonna be perfectly honest, it did not quite reach my expectations. It is a great movie and visually stunning. Just a solid B+ movie for me and not worth the level of hype for me. But I don't wanna sound like too much of a hater because I did genuinely love it.

• Alex95 changed the title to Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (2018 - 6-4 Posted)

I agree with Alex about Into the Spider-Verse. I didn't watch until quite recently, so the hype surrounding the movie may have made my expectations too high. I do think it was a great movie. I just didn't love it as much as a lot of people seem to.

7 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I agree with Alex about Into the Spider-Verse. I didn't watch until quite recently, so the hype surrounding the movie may have made my expectations too high. I do think it was a great movie. I just didn't love it as much as a lot of people seem to.

Same. 🤷‍♀️Visually and animation wise the movie was stunning, but it's not the be all and end all of Spider-Man film for me personally. :yes:

4 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I forgot Chris isn't a Marvel fan. I also didn't realize Victoria and Priscilla would rank Black Panther that low.

The third act brings the film down for me. It was in my Top 5 MCU films (at number 5) before Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings came out this year. 😮

Regarding the "we don't need every Marvel movie in the Top 15" argument, I'm totally fine with that. :lolwave:I thought Infinity War and Endgame were event films that made them worthy of making it the end. And Black Panther is one of the best MCU films.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

Regarding the "we don't need every Marvel movie in the Top 15" argument, I'm totally fine with that. :lolwave:I thought Infinity War and Endgame were event films that made them worthy of making it the end. And Black Panther is one of the best MCU films.

Agreed. I won't be on the train every single year. :haha: