🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

Saw that Exile has come up as a possibility but personally think another suggestion, Safe and Sound with Taylor and the Civil Wars, fits them better if they go in that direction.  Suits Bekah's voice very well, with plenty of room for the guys to step up. Much love for the song but maybe it's a little dark for TV? Savannah Berry did it pretty well in Season 4 KO's, but lost to Justin Rivers with The Climb. Wouldn't be shocking to see them do it.

Fwiw, the only other Civil Wars songs to chart were Barton Hollow (15) and The One that Got Away (20), both on adult alternative.  Lots of Grammys though 🙂 Safe and Sound charted in the 30's twice on the big chart, stuck around for a little while and took one of those Grammys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

318-B1110-8-C81-4-ED1-8-A7-F-D27866446-BLooks like they recorded at Henson today! Can’t wait to hear the finished product (hopefully the mixing is better than last time… 🥲)

Did they give any clue? I think they just pick from their list of songs they'd already done in their road show. Just give it new arrangement. I'd know. A possibility. 

7 hours ago, CoolBriz said:

Did they give any clue? I think they just pick from their list of songs they'd already done in their road show. Just give it new arrangement. I'd know. A possibility. 

No, they haven't given a clue yet. They usually don't, so I wouldn't expect anything till the studios drop.

6 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

That’s 3 times they made one of these compilations. Really says something about their popularity

You know who else got featured in many of these last season? Cam :yes:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

That’s 3 times they made one of these compilations. Really says something about their popularity

22 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

You know who else got featured in many of these last season? Cam :yes:

Yeah, and I love that foreshadowing :wub:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Are you certain that it's three times? I think I've watched more than three complication videos where they've featured

13 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Are you certain that it's three times? I think I've watched more than three complication videos where they've featured

They were in a groups compilation, but that count was only for Best of the Week

Edited by Cookie73
  • Thanks 1

Man, the YT views are so different between Dust in the Wind and Creep - 846k v. 582k.  Haven't checked other sm but I'll bet it's similar.  I don't see how they don't take that into account with their selections and be wary of other significant flips of more recent songs  - not that they couldn't pull it off 'cause Creep has done well actually.  The risk/reward calc gets more serious as the opportunities get fewer.

That said, I don't have a guess about the next one that I feel good enough about even to toss out.  What do y'all think?

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1