🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

I sent suggestions for California Dreaming via the app a while ago.  It has great harmonies and a flute solo so Bekah can show her skills on the flute! 🙂

They already picked their next song.  In an interview I saw a while ago, can't remember the contestant, they said they basically start working on next weeks song right after the live results show ends.  Bekah also had a short segment in her IG story.  She seemed so excited and said she can't wait for next week.  Don't know what they picked but I can't wait either :music: ❤️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Little Green from Blue (about the daughter Joni gave up for adoption)

Okay, I've listened to the Blue album several times now but I never bothered to know the stories behind the songs.

That's what Little Green is about? Woah.

Edited by FloorWax

On 11/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, FloorWax said:

Okay, I've listened to the Blue album several times now but I never bothered to know the stories behind the songs.

That's what Little Green is about? Woah.

Yep. Didn't know that until the recent stories about Blue's 50th anniversary.  Other songs are about her relationships with Graham Nash (River, A Case of You and My Old Man) and James Taylor (This Flight Tonight). Carey is about a "bright red devil"/"red, red rogue" she met in Greece after splitting with Nash.  Carey is one of my favs but Nash hated that one, reportedly  lol

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Let’s not forget about this…

They shined here as well! ✨

Caleb's voice sounded much different here.

For a short time, I mistook them for using backup singers for the seven people singing.😅

3 hours ago, ssukie said:

They already picked their next song.  In an interview I saw a while ago, can't remember the contestant, they said they basically start working on next weeks song right after the live results show ends.  Bekah also had a short segment in her IG story.  She seemed so excited and said she can't wait for next week.  Don't know what they picked but I can't wait either :music: ❤️

That’s good to hear. It seems she has been excited about everything song choices thus far, but maybe we’ll finally get to hear some Joni next week? 🤔 

3 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Took a minute to look at press coverage - very good for them  One article included Bekah's solo cover of Joni Mitchell's Little Green from Blue (about the daughter Joni gave up for adoption).  Very nice cover 🙂

This cover is gorgeous! It was actually one of the first I listened to from them. 

• Like 1

The YouTube views for Dust in the Wind have really taken off as well!  Yesterday, GNT and Wendy were close in views with GNT at 177k and Wendy at 165k.  Now GNT is at 489k and Wendy at 268k!  Every time I refresh the stats their views keep going up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Classicrocker1993 said:

Also add Can't you see- Marshal Tucker Band

35 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I've noticed I've suggested Nowhere Man by the Beatles several times on the song suggestions lists, but I dont know if I have presented my case here:

I added both - thank you! 🤍🤍

8 hours ago, ssukie said:

The YouTube views for Dust in the Wind have really taken off as well!  Yesterday, GNT and Wendy were close in views with GNT at 177k and Wendy at 165k.  Now GNT is at 489k and Wendy at 268k!  Every time I refresh the stats their views keep going up!

On youtube, they currently have 710k views and Wendy at 288k

Edited by Arsh
  • Thanks 1

While I'd still pick The Chain or the Bangles' Hazy Shade of Winter based on personal preference, and they might be good strategic choices, after thinking about it I don't think they're likely -- too much rock, not who they are. I listened to their album and thought about their choices so far and I guess I don't see it.

Now watch them flip another more contemporary song  lol This is me officially not sweating it any more.  It'll be a fun ride to the finale.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaptainOggy6320 said:

I just went through my old playlist and found this song. It's a beautiful folk song with lots of harmony potential that I think GNT can benefit from.

I added this one! 

I believe “Closer to Fine” is already on the list. 

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/74X1LG5tsd1Bb6hxLgrXP7?si=acCL-6doT1SS1IgxiYeUlw&utm_source=copy-link

Joshua has this playlist on GNT's Spotify page. Let me just say he has amazing taste but practically all of these are too "indie" for the voting audience.

Yeah, I’d be lying if I said I knew every song in that playlist. I think I only recognize the Phoebe and Claire songs.

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I’d be lying if I said I knew every song in that playlist. I think I only recognize the Phoebe and Claire songs.

I have like 10 of those songs in my personal library :haha:

I should probably listen to the rest, I'd probably like them too. 👀

• Like 1