🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

I don’t know the song (I don’t listen to mainstream country music), but I’m hoping they do really well. It’s not like Dust in the Wind where I was very familiar with that song.

So the count is pretty even with songs I know and songs I don’t know.

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Kelly is really digging Ingrid Andress apparently because she covered Lady Like on the Kelly Clarkson show.

GNT has a good enough sense of themselves that I could see them picking this song, but it sure feels like Kelly had a hand in it . . .

Like the pick a lot.  It's simple enough that it feels like its within the country/folk/pop overlap and comfortable for them but it's so fresh, particularly with their swapping leads and harmonies, that it's hard to resist. It's not showy though (DITW was showy in its way) so if some of the big songs come through for others, it could be a lot closer this week.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

Listening to Ingrid's album on Spotify, noticed there is an alternate take of More Hearts on the deluxe edition with the Little Big Town ladies on harmony vocals.  They come in on the chorus only but it's a nice sound. The GNT version is different still with male voices and more harmony parts added but it was interesting to hear an "in-between" version.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamescasaki said:

I don’t get why some on here were disappointed. I felt that they connected to this song and were able to convey that connection so well in their performance. It felt sincere and was a true tribute to their fans - especially the ones from their hometown. A job well-done for GNT! 👏👏👏

• Like 2