The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

Just now, Solaris said:

As I was putting together the list of contestants, my mind goes Who? on a good 40% of them.  I think Idols format made me connect much more to those contestants as a whole. 

I only watch the performances from The Voice US/AUS so don’t have any real connection with many in the last ten seasons. I watch The Voice UK (kill it please, ITV) and I still feel nothing towards most of them. You see them audition, nothing for weeks, one battle, a live show performance and then a final where the coaches use one slot to showcase what they can do. 

How anyone can sit through a couple of hours of that is beyond me.

Just now, Zoey said:

I only watch the performances from The Voice US/AUS so don’t have any real connection with many in the last ten seasons. I watch The Voice UK (kill it please, ITV) and I still feel nothing towards most of them. You see them audition, nothing for weeks, one battle, a live show performance and then a final where the coaches use one slot to showcase what they can do. 

How anyone can sit through a couple of hours of that is beyond me.

The Voice AU is easily the best of the 3.  Agree on killing the voice UK.  Diana Rouvas is one of my favorite winners ever.  

Just now, Solaris said:

The Voice AU is easily the best of the 3.  Agree on killing the voice UK.  Diana Rouvas is one of my favorite winners ever.  

Sabrina, Jordan, Stella and Diana.😍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solaris said:

As I was putting together the list of contestants, my mind goes Who? on a good 40% of them.  I think Idols format made me connect much more to those contestants as a whole. 

Even with us getting 'Idol on Speed' the last few seasons, I still find it easier to remember all of the contestants. :rofl: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Well Australian Idol, The X Factor Australia and SYTYCD Australia were the superior versions of those respective franchises, so wbk.

F*ck Drag Race Down Under's drag, though.

• Like 2

Just now, Elliott said:

Well Australian Idol, The X Factor Australia and SYTYCD Australia were the superior versions of those respective franchises, so wbk.

F*ck Drag Race Down Under's drag, though.

Pop Tv Yes GIF by Schitt's Creek

13 minutes ago, Zoey said:

You see them audition, nothing for weeks, one battle, a live show performance and then a final where the coaches use one slot to showcase what they can do. 

I still can't get over the terrible format they used for Maelyn's season where we spent like 2 months on the blinds/battles/knock-outs, then they did a two-week cross battles, followed by live shows format of 16 > 8 > 4. 😐

Like, the Top 4 each had like 6 performances total from their audition to the finale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I still can't get over the terrible format they used for Maelyn's season where we spent like 2 months on the blinds/battles/knock-outs, then they did a two-week cross battles, followed by live shows format of 16 > 8 > 4. 😐

Like, the Top 4 each had like 6 performances total from their audition to the finale.

Yeah that format was bad. 

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

yup.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Try The Voice UK. 7 weeks of blind auditions, 2 weeks of battles straight to the semi finals where they went had the coaches cut 24 > 8 then had the public vote on which 4 they wanted in the final. 🤣 Then they still robbed this.

1 minute ago, Zoey said:

7 weeks of blind auditions, 2 weeks of battles straight to the semi finals where they went had the coaches cut 24 > 8 then had the public vote on which 4 they wanted in the final.

GIF by NETFLIX

3 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Try The Voice UK. 7 weeks of blind auditions, 2 weeks of battles straight to the semi finals where they went had the coaches cut 24 > 8 then had the public vote on which 4 they wanted in the final. 🤣 Then they still robbed this.

This is my inspiration for my rankdown!

Everyone complaining about the format when it's the format "La Voix" (The Voice Canada) uses and I have no problem with it because it's not a 6 months commitment and 4 hours commitment per week :haha: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Everyone complaining about the format when it's the format "La Voix" (The Voice Canada) uses and I have no problem with it because it's not a 6 months commitment and 4 hours commitment per week :haha: 

Can we get a explanation of this because Wikipedia has no information. :dead:

I still think there's a happy medium between a season going on for too long (looking at AI13 which felt like it took years to get through) and too short, which is a modern The Voice season.

Like S3's format only took 4 months to get through and was perfectly fine. My ideal format would probably be:

2 weeks / 4 episodes of blinds

1.5 weeks / 3 episodes for battles

1 week / 2 episodes for knock-outs

.5 week / 1 episode "The Road to Top 24" because I like having those

Top 24 - Top 2 from each "team" advance, 3rd in the vote perform for Instant Save to make it a Top 9

Top 9

Top 8

Top 7

Top 6

Top 5

Top 4

Top 3

Or make it a Top 12 and just do 12 > 10 > 8 > 6. Nothing crazy, and the season takes 3 months to get through.

Edited by Elliott

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Can we get a explanation of this because Wikipedia has no information. :dead:

I still think there's a happy medium between a season going on for too long (looking at AI13 which felt like it took years to get through) and too short, which is a modern The Voice season.

Like S3's format only took 4 months to get through and was perfectly fine. My ideal format would probably be:

2 weeks / 4 episodes of blinds

1.5 weeks / 3 episodes for battles

1 week / 2 episodes for knock-outs

.5 week / 1 episode "The Road to Top 24" because I like having those

Top 24 - Top 2 from each "team" advance, 3rd in the vote perform for Instant Save to make it a Top 9

Top 9

Top 8

Top 7

Top 6

Top 5

Top 4

Top 3

Or make it a Top 12 and just do 12 > 10 > 8 > 6. Nothing crazy, and the season takes 3 months to get through.

I am a big fan of Season 3-5 (6?) formats.  Though the blood bath rounds are always fun seeing people cry when they lose their favs.

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

tenor.gif

Me hovering over the application form

Do it I still have spots and they filling up quickly!  Jennifer Hudson also has no rep yet. :haha:

Edited by Solaris