'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

The word "Rugrats" and two small underlines in dark blue written in a child's handwriting, with red, yellow and green dots, a white background and a jagged yellow border.Rugrats_cast.png

Rugrats pretty easily made the Top 23 in our game, and I think it had a shot at the Top 10 if it wasn't for the randomizer. Doug was the first Nicktoon and Rugrats was the second. Its run on Nickelodeon was very stop-and-start according to Wiki. It originally ran for 3 seasons starting in 1991, but it got popular from reruns and they eventually revisited the series for Jewish holiday specials, movies, Season 4, and beyond. Officially, there are 9 seasons. It spawned sequel series, spin-offs, etc. It was a staple for 90s television, and I think it would have made a good representative for kid's animated programming in our rankdown finals. Powerpuff Girls is something that I personally prefer, but it doesn't NEARLY have the impact and cultural importance of Rugrats. The show won Daytime Emmy Awards and was nominated for some Primetime Emmy Awards.

The show stars the voiceover talents of E.G. Daily as Tommy Pickles (also voices Buttercup on Powerpuff Girls and a MILLION other roles). The late, great Christine Cavanaugh voiced Chuckie Finster for most of the series (also voices Dexter on Dexter's Laboratory and a MILLION other roles), and later the role was taken over by the cringy scientologist Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson). Kath Soucie plays the twins Phil and Lil, but you may know her better from Captain Planet, Looney Tunes as Lola Bunny, etc. etc. And we can't forget Tara Strong, Cheryl Chase, Dionne Quan, Cree Summer... goddesses all around. RIP to Rugrats, I would trade a lot of our Top 20 for you.

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

The Wonder Years logo.svg

This iconic show also easily made our Top 23 and Wallace confirmed my suspicion that it has never been nominated in our game. Wallace over here keeping stats like he's Derek playing the SYTYCD rankdown. I think this would have been excellent representation for drama shows in our Top 20... I'm shook that we only have 2 drama shows in the finals. Alex said this show was borderline republican propaganda lmaoooo I guess I don't remember it that well to be able to pinpoint any examples of that.

This show aired from 1988 to 1993 on ABC. Let's call this an 80s show and use that as the reason why it didn't make the finals. Fred Savage is the lead, playing Kevin Arnold, and was the youngest actor ever nominated for the Lead Actor Emmy in a Comedy Series (uh oh another comedy lol I give up). The show is about the life of a white boy in a Middle American suburban family in the late 60s. Despite that pretty mild premise, the pilot episode starts with the death of the brother of Danica McKellar's character. So it was not afraid to go there at times. The second paragraph of Wiki lists a bunch of accolades this show received... named one of the best 80s shows, has two of the best TV episodes of all time, one of the greatest TV shows of all time, best title sequences of all time, etc. Maybe in the year 2025 when someone does an 80s TV rankdown this will have another shot.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

The Wonder Years logo.svg

This iconic show also easily made our Top 23 and Wallace confirmed my suspicion that it has never been nominated in our game. Wallace over here keeping stats like he's Derek playing the SYTYCD rankdown. 

:dead: @ this part.

You're not the only one who keep track of stats here. :claybleh:

How are final write-ups coming along? The deadline is in a week. (!) 

Right now I only have Gigi's rankings and write-ups. I have nothing from the other rankers.

And I only have public rankings from Alex and Sola so far.

Tagging the other rankers to remind them of the deadline:

@*Chris @FrogLenzen @*Diana @JC @goofycilla90 @1234567890 @*Wallace

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

@Steven_, if possible I’m going to need an extension until the 14th. My mom is having surgery on the 11th so I’m going to be busy work and taking care of her. If not just carry on without me.

Okay.

I won't carry on without you. I'll wait until the 14th.

Hopefully everything goes well with your mom's surgery. :yes: 

Edited by Steven_
  • Thanks 1