'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

14. LIVING SINGLE

813Wx3D1ZeL._RI_.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

WALLACE: 6

DEREK: 10

PUBLIC: 11

GIGI: 13

JC: 16

DIANA: 19

WALLACE

Living Single making the Top 20 finals of this game is one of the most shook moments for me ever in a rankdown game I have played in! I definitely never saw this show making it this far but am grateful for it. Although I feel I have to thank a lot of rankers for this!

- Thank you to Diana for not cutting this when you were initially going to do so (way back in the 110s) and to Victoria for blocking that from happening and saving this afterwards!
- Thank you to Chris on sparing from cutting this and choosing The Simpsons to cut when they were tied in votes on the battle round.
- And thank you to Victoria on not cutting this as your final cut, when I was under the impression you would (which I was understanding of)!

Living Single making the finals is probably the luckiest show ever in this game. And it may be an easy #20 for the rankers and the overall results here, but I won't even be mad if that comes true as I was not expecting this to be here. And it's an African American comedy, so of course I am advocate and here for this being in the finals. Living Single is a show I really loved and watched a lot when I was young. I even see the repeats nowadays whenever I see it's on TV, although I definitely want to see those repeats more often. 

Living Single is a sitcom that aired on FOX for 5 seasons with 118 episodes from August 22, 1993 through January 1, 1998. The show stars: Queen Latifah (as Khadijah James), Kim Coles (as Synclaire James [Jones]), Erika Alexander (as Maxine "Max" Felice Shaw), Kim Fields (as Regina "Regine" Hunter), John Henton (as Overton "Obie" Wakefield Jones) and T.C. Carson (as Kyle Barker). The show is often viewed as "the Black version of Friends" as it centers the lives of 6 friends who share and coincide with each other on personal or professional experiences in their lives in Brookyln. Except on this show, the main cast is of 4 women and 2 men. Khadijah & Synclaire are cousins who are roommates. And there are romantic relationships between Synclaire & Overton and Maxine & Kyle. This show introduced me to all of the stars on this show - including Queen Latifah and Kim Fields (who yes, I associate and know her from this show rather than The Facts of Life).

I also absolutely love its iconic theme song, which is performed by Queen Latifah, who showcases her rapping and singing skills. :wub:

A certified jam! :bobo: 

DEREK

Surprise! Wallace was so worried I would cut this and it easily makes my Top 10 with this... uh... tragic Top 20. Is this the original version of Friends? I don't know lol. I guess by the time I was watching all of this I was just watching reruns and too far removed to figure out what came first and what was more original and what was inspired by the rest etc. This is a fun show and one of the better sitcoms in the finals here, so because there are so many sitcoms in our finals it rises up my rankings.

GIGI

I watched this for the first time last week.  I am a Queen Latifah fan from her music, but never watched any shows she was/is on.  It ran for five seasons, 118 episodes.  The show centers around six friends that live together in Brooklyn and that share their experiences with each other.

JC

I never watched this so no real opinion.

DIANA

Really should of cut this one before lol

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#14 Posted)

Wow Living Single exceeded my expectations coming in at #14. :wub: I was expecting it to come in at #20 all this time, but I'm glad that's not the case.

lol Derek's comments to me. :haha: I had no idea of your thoughts on this show until the end, but glad that you like it and it made your Top 10. ❤️

I'm happy that Gigi checked it out recently too. ❤️

15. Powerpuff Girls got a boost because I had to softly tank a few shows (just a little) :giggle:but queen betches

14. Never watched this so actually got a pretty high ranking from me considering it was the only one I have never heard of except the Christina Applegate show

10 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

TIMELINE OF THE '90s TV SHOWS RANKDOWN

6/18 - Elliott misses deadline to cut/save, Wallace makes choice

6/22 - Elliott misses deadline to cut/save, Derek and Megan simultaneously make same choice

6/24 - Elliott misses deadline to nominate, Elliott comes back and posts nominations

6/27 - Megan reacts to the nominations and cuts thus far “this is truly one of the worst sets of noms in a first round I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been in like 20 rankdowns with Elliott

7/5 - Elliott goes first and the round has to be reset because not enough nominations

7/5 - Elliott nominates Seinfeld

7/7 - Dee, Chris, Elliott, and JC miss deadline to cut/save, Wallace and Derek each make two choices

7/10 - Elliott doesn’t make cut save 24 hours after he requests extension, Wallace makes choice

7/11 - Elliott and Dee miss deadline to cut/save (I think it’s them… it’s hard to tell because Steven doesn’t call out people hahaha), Derek makes both choices

7/16 - Dee and Elliott miss deadline, Chris and Wallace make choices

7/19 - Dee and Elliott miss deadline, Wallace makes choice

7/19 - Elliott comes back and saves Freaks & Geeks but waits too long for write-up

7/19 - Victoria cuts Freaks & Geeks

7/19 - Elliott immediately withdraws from rankdown

attacked-attack.gif

• Haha 1

i woke up to 44 notifications lmao. now I know why haha. welp, my bad but like you couldn't have thrown my ranking in the public at least? lmao. I feel more bad for my sister since she cares and i really don't lol

she has been busier than I working 2 jobs, watching my kids and going back and forth to the hospital take care of our mom

oh well it's just the an Internet game