'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

Nickelodeon: Taina is too expensive to produce so we’re cancelling it!

Also Nickelodeon: *had no issues keeping Zoey 101 around despite having to buy out the contracts for like three cast members due to Jamie Lynn not liking them*

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Also Nickelodeon: *had no issues keeping Zoey 101 around despite having to buy out the contracts for like three cast members due to Jamie Lynn not liking them*

Being the sister of Britney Spears had its perks. :haha:

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

We hate Jamie Lynn!!!!

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Being the sister of Britney Spears had its perks. :haha:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Elliott said:

January 2001-May 2002 :rofl:

Lol oh... that makes sense to me now. :dead: Glad we got it  past Cycle 1, I guess. :wub: :haha: 

10 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

From the Taina Wikipedia page:

The pilot was partially shot at the Laguardia Performers School in 1999 and finished at Nickelodeon on Sunset.

At least it has this ‘90s fact, I guess. 😅

That's why it feels 90s.:dead: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

d*n schn**d*r

THE LITTLE MERMAID

lot-8-walt-disney-vhs-little-mermaid-pri

Apparently this was a show that existed. Wikipedia tells me that The Little Mermaid television show takes place before the film and showcases Ariel's life as a mermaid pre-Prince Eric. It ran for thirty one episodes spread across three seasons (fourteen episodes, nine episodes and eight episodes respectively) and ran from September 1992 until November 1994. Fourteen episodes of the show were released on VHS, but there's been no official DVD releases of the show yet. Every episode sans the pilot has been made available on Disney+ in HD, but all the episodes were cropped from their original broadcast ratio of 4:3 to 16:9 BECAUSE GOD FORBID PEOPLE DEAL WITH BLACK BARS [/film nerd]. Anyway, I've never seen it and I'm assuming Victoria is the one that requested it be in this rankdown, but it's leaving now.

SAVE: Moody's Point The Amanda Show and CatDog

Edited by Elliott

goof troop 

image.jpeg.91868523bc6ca66f5d3a82c289b55857.jpeg

another Disney channel show based on one of their movies bites the dust here. Sorry sister, but the other shows are just better imo lol. Goof troop is about popular Disney character goofy and his son max. I’m pretty sure it came out after A goofy movie. Wait, after doing some research it says that the two goofy movies were spawned because of this series lol I had it it all wrong. Other characters were Pete and Pete Jr. the show lasted only 2 seasons but spawned two goofy movies so there’s that. Sorry goof, but you got to go. 

save cow and chicken and pepper ann

On 6/27/2021 at 10:17 PM, totes4totes said:

LA Law

I am sure Wally will respond “I chose TV shows I didn’t know. I didn’t know that they were all your favorites” which means he pays ZERO attention to this thread at all or any comment I make because I’ve asked for Farscape to be saved, when cutting a different show I called Homicide one of the best shows of all time, and I commented publicly for all of Taxicab Confessionals, Utena, and Iron Chef to be added. I also have lobbied for Sci-Fi shows. And so of course he nominates the five above and essentially fills the rest with Sci-Fi! Sorry that every tv show in the 90s isn’t a stupid multi-cam sitcom or some Disney animated show!!!!!! The taste level here on display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, LA Law shouldn’t be leaving this early but this is truly one of the worst sets of noms in a first round I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been in like 20 rankdowns with Elliott.  It’s not my favorite show, as I’m not actually huge into legal dramas not names The Good Wife or The Good Fight. But this show was groundbreaking. It featured the first lesbian on screen kiss which won it the FIRST GLAAD award for outstanding drama. It won 15 Emmys during its 8-year 172-episode run. 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I. Hate. This.

Saving: Revolutionary Girl Utena

On 6/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, goofycilla90 said:

early edition

I’ll add the pic when I get to a computer 

well this cut and save is for @totes4totes. I know of Babylon 5 so it makes the save easier. I’ve never heard of early edition before I thought it was a like a broadcast show or something lol. Apparently I’m very wrong as it was American fantasy comedy-drama television series that aired on CBS from September 28, 1996 to May 27, 2000. The show follows Gary Hobson who is a man who received a copy of the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper the day before it is actually published. He uses this knowledge to prevent terrible events every single day lol what a life. Interesting premise, but I’ve never heard of it before today so bye 

save Babylon 5

These write-ups need images too. 

17 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Megan, let us know if you still want to play or if you’ve officially decided to withdraw from the game. Hopefully you stay. 

If needed, I can take over - just let me know!