SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

CA1 RESULTS PART THREE

12. Allie Bertram & Miles Farber  - "Aguanile" - (Samba by Eric Caty)

6ys5qd.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

@taylorkat - 1

@Erestor - 5

@*Diana - 5

@FrogLenzen - 10

@kritaaay - 11

@*Amanda - 12

@totes4totes - 12

@*Wallace - 13

@Zoey - 14

@*Chris - 16

@.Rei - 17

Avg. Score = 10.55

COMMENTS

Gigi

This is one of my favorite Sambas ever!

Derek

They did their best to sell it but it would need better technique for me to rank it higher

Wallace

Now this was a surprising really good Samba from a ballet dancer in Allie and Hip Hop Popper dancer in Miles. It wasn't technically perfect but I wasn't expecting it to be. But I thought Allie & Miles danced and performed this really well. They had great chemistry and performed this with a lot of fun. Although that first big lift did look really awkward, which I didn't remember so oops. But outside of that, this was a really fun and entertaining dance. I'm sure lots of IDF were thisting over Miles in this dance. :giggle:

Rei

This is the equivalent of Timor's Samba for NL1 imo, a technically bad routine but with an incredible performance. I think the really sold it with they performance so I have no problems with it making it this high.

(tie)10. Arassay Reyes & Nico Archambault - "Let Me Leave" - (Contemporary by Blake McGrath)

6ys6re.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Wallace - 2

Gigi - 6

Kriti - 6

Megan - 8

Patrick - 9

Amanda - 10

Chris - 11

Zoey - 13

Diana - 14

Derek - 14

Rei - 19

Avg. Score = 10.18

COMMENTS

Wallace

Ugh I don't really know which of these Arassay & Nico routines I prefer, but I do really love them more. I know they had these beautiful Contemporary/Jazz routines that had similarities to them. But I felt like this dance had a lot more passionate and intense chemistry. I feel so much passion, emotion and vulnerability from them in their dancing here. Gah parts of this really gave me chills. :omg: Both of their dancing was so powerful and strong too, with lots of great technique. Just a wonderful routine!

Megan

This was originally lower but I raised it upon rewatch because I remembered how good their chemistry was and how much I like this routine. If for some reason Nico hadn't sealed up his win last week, he would have done so with this routine.

Derek

An emotional piece but I think the choreography is a bit irresponsible and unsafe and not worth the end result

Rei

Marginally better than Somebody to love due to the fact that there weren't any wings. Still a uninspiring routine and way too high on the ranklings

(tie)10. Allie Bertram & Miles Farber  - "Shosholoza" - (African Jazz by Vicky Lambert)

6ys7m0.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Amanda - 3

Patrick - 6

Gigi - 7

Kriti - 8

Rei - 9

Diana - 9

Chris - 10

Megan - 13

Derek - 15

Zoey - 15

Wallace - 17

Avg. Score = 10.18

COMMENTS

Rei

Such an incredible routine and a top 5 African jazz for me.. This is such refreshing to watch when you compare it to most of the the crap we we got in the US version

Derek

Cute. Probably not the adjective you'd want for this style but it wasn't bad or anything

Wallace

Allie & Miles were quite a fun power couple on Top 8 night as they performed two really good/standout routines. They both danced and performed this African Jazz really well and with a lot of heart and fluidity to their movements. I also enjoy the joy they both have while dancing this, especially on those side by side parts. I have always preferred the Lisa & Vincent one and I still do. But this was still really good. I do like how there's a bit of a storyline here. 

09. Lisa Auguste & Nico Archambault - "When I Grow Up" - (Jazz-Pop by Blake McGrath)

6ys88w.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Derek - 1

Kriti - 2

Chris - 5

Rei - 6

Gigi - 9

Megan - 11

Wallace - 12

Amanda - 14

Patrick - 16

Zoey - 17

Diana - 17

Avg. Score = 10.00

COMMENTS

Derek

For me, this is the #1 most iconic routine of SYTYCD Canada. Just outrageous.

Rei

HOT!!!! SEX!!!! only those two could have pulled that out and the result was incredible. if all Pop-Jazz routines were like that

Megan

To be crass. This ONLY works because BOTH Lisa and Vincent look like they f*ck

Wallace

This was a really fun and sexy dance. Both nailed their characters and the choreography thrown at them. And yeah they had hot chemistry here. Nico was great and danced this well, but wow I thought Lisa was so dynamite and a hot firecracker in this. :omg:Lisa SLAYED! :omg: But phew, child.... some of these moves they did were really sexual. Omg only on SYTYCD Canada. :dead: But yeah this was really fun and entertaining!

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA1) (#12-09 Posted)

It took me a minute to realize that JC didn’t even participate in this season’s round. :dead: 

But not surprised that Vincent is doing so well in this. He’s generally well-liked while the Nicosay partnership has a handful of detractors. :haha: 

4 hours ago, *Amanda said:

It took me a minute to realize that JC didn’t even participate in this season’s round. :dead: 

But not surprised that Vincent is doing so well in this. He’s generally well-liked while the Nicosay partnership has a handful of detractors. :haha: 

This is why all of Vince’s routines made it so far. His routines would def have been my bottom 4. Hates. Rooting for the four routines left without him! Honestly I’ll be happy with any of them winning since permanent was bussed by someone so it prob won’t win.

3 hours ago, JC said:

This is why all of Vince’s routines made it so far. His routines would def have been my bottom 4. Hates. Rooting for the four routines left without him! Honestly I’ll be happy with any of them winning since permanent was bussed by someone so it prob won’t win.

Angry Season 15 GIF by The Bachelorette

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JC said:

I also liked Danny and Francis and Joey and Kevin and Izaak. I basically was a boy ho for this season except vince. I also liked a lot of the females too this season was casted to make me Wally which is very difficult to do.

Oooh I forgot you had liked all of them. :haha: I can't even remember who Kevin was though, lol.

- Good spot for the Miles/Allie Samba. I was just a spot off with putting this at #13 and it comes in at #12 so not too mad at that. Agreed with others that the technique was lacking but they brought it with the performance.

- Ooh ugh I was hoping for Nico/Arassay's Contemporary to make the Top 10.... but then it's 10th in a tie (rather than 11th), soooo I will take it! :dead: Rei ain't right with that ranking or those comments but I expected it. 🙂

- Enjoyed the Miles/Allie African Jazz. I don't mind its high ranking at 10th but it was just one of the routines I was least invested. I do agree with Rei that this was better than most of the US African Jazz routines. But also glad that Lisa/Vincent's outranked this one.

- Oh I thought I had ranked Nico/Lisa's Pop Jazz higher. :haha: But yeah no problems with its #9 spot as this is a very good spot for it. Lmao I didn't know Vincent was in this routine @ Megan. :giggle: