SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Round 2)

.Rei

Just now, .Rei said:

this hurts because I don't think Jayme Rae ever got great choreography routine that was properly tailored for her and I think with this solo she showed what a great technical dancer she was 

I agree, her Contemporary solos really highlighted her technique quite well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kritaaay said:

Fully out here wondering why no one gave the men their due this season, I've come out of this watch liking a lot of them a lot more

lmaoo this is a reallly interesting/kinda crazy season in the sense as we only really talk about the Top 4 women but the men get shafted in discussions. :haha: 

17 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

lmaoo this is a reallly interesting/kinda crazy season in the sense as we only really talk about the Top 4 women but the men get shafted in discussions. :haha: 

Everett is my third favorite from the season but JR and Kim are way way above him when it comes to liking 

15 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I think it’s partially because CA1 is one of the best Men’s Seasons (maybe the best or tied with NL1) with Nico, Miles, Vincent ON, Francis, and even Danny.

In contrast, the CA2 men don’t stand out nearly as much. Especially when you have some of the best women on the series ever.

3 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Everett is my third favorite from the season but JR and Kim are way way above him when it comes to liking 

Ah I can kinda relate to this. 

Vincent and Daniel are my favorite guys this season but I don't love them nearly as much as Jayme Rae and Tara-Jean. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I think it’s partially because CA1 is one of the best Men’s Seasons (maybe the best or tied with NL1) with Nico, Miles, Vincent ON, Francis, and even Danny.

In contrast, the CA2 men don’t stand out nearly as much. Especially when you have some of the best women on the series ever.

Ahh you bring up a good point. The CA1 men definitely are discussed and talked about much more. They're probably equally as talked about/loved like the women of CA1. 😮 

I understand what you mean by all of this.

52 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Very true!! Now that you mention it especially, but yeah, CA1 has an excellent male cast.

Everett and Vincent are great, and ofc everyone talks about Daniel, but I did find myself even liking Emanuel a lot more this time around and I am wondering why no one really does?

44 minutes ago, .Rei said:

also IDF!!!! 

we are wired to like women more :haha:

Also very true haha

16 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

Very true!! Now that you mention it especially, but yeah, CA1 has an excellent male cast.

Everett and Vincent are great, and ofc everyone talks about Daniel, but I did find myself even liking Emanuel a lot more this time around and I am wondering why no one really does?

Also very true haha

Lol I remember Emanuel was really hated on here, which I didn't really get. :dead: I didn't really care for him personally (I was moreso indifferent), but I didn't get why people disliked him either. :haha: 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, .Rei said:

CA SEASON 2:

SYTYCDCanada+S2+Top+20.jpg

TOP 20 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Melanie Mah & Cody Bonnell - "Taking Chances" - (Contemporary by Stacey Tookie) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Corynne Barron & Anthony Grafton - "The Time Of My Life" - (Viennese Waltz by Pierre Allaire) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 18 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Amy Gardner & Vincent Desjardins - "When You Say My Name" - (Contemporary by Blake McGrath) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 16 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Corynne Barron & Austin Di Lulio - "Never Say Never" - (Contemporary by Stacey Tookie) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 14 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Tara-Jean Popowich & Everett Smith - "When Love Takes Over" - (House by Sho-Tyme) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Corynne Barron & Austin Di Lulio - "Paparazzi" - (Jazz by Johnny Byrne) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 12 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Tara-Jean Popowich & Everett Smith - "This Joint Is Jumpin" - (Broadway by Sean Cheesman) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Jayme Rae Dailey & Daniel Dory - "It Must Have Been Love" - (Contemporary by Blake McGrath) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 10 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Kim Gingras - "Kiss From A Rose" - (Hip-Hop) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Tara-Jean Popowich - "Relief" - (Contemporary) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 8 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Top 4 Girls - "Dr. Feelgood (Love Is A Serious Business)" (Musical Theatre by Sean Cheesman) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Kim Gingras & Cody Bonnell - "Humpin' Around" - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Melanie Mah & Emanuel Sandhu - "Hush Hush" - (Disco by Melissa Williams) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Jayme Rae Dailey & Everett Smith - "En Barranquilla Me Quedo" - (Mambo by Gustavo Vargas) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Kim Gingras - "Jerk It" - (Hip-Hop) -  Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 6 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Top 3 Girls - "Concerto For 2 Violins In D Minor, BMW 1043: II. Largo Ma No Tanto" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Tara-Jean Popowich & Vincent Desjardins - "Vengo Caliente" - (Salsa by Gustavo Vargas) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Tara-Jean Popowich - "Fever" - (Contemporary) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Melanie Mah - "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" - (Contemporary) - Watch Here (Round 6)

TOP 4 WEEK PERFORMANCE SHOW:

Jayme Rae Dailey & Everett Smith - "Run The Show" - (Samba by Eric Caty and Kelly Lannan) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Jayme Rae Dailey - "Racadiones Arrabaleras" - (Jazz) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Tara-Jean Popowich - "Bleeding Love" - (Contemporary) - Watch Here (Round 6)

Welcome to Round 6

In pairs we'll be advancing one routine to the Top 20!

wc9CQGO.png

Pairs

1. @kritaaay & @totes4totes

2. @Deeee & @*Wallace

3. @.Rei & @*Diana

4. @*Amanda & @FrogLenzen 👍

5. @*Chris & @Erestor

6. @Zoey & @taylorkat

Additionally the people that haven't yet advance a routine to the final voting round must do it before we can continue with the next round.

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA2) (Round 6)
1 minute ago, Zoey said:

I’m so confused. What are my choices to advance?

from the routines that don't get advance by any of the pairs, you can advance one of those to the final voting round!

the routines that are green bolded

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

Advancing Tara-Jean Popowich & Everett Smith - "When Love Takes Over" - (House by Sho-Tyme) 

3 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I’m so confused. What are my choices to advance?

is this as a pair or final voting round?