SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

NL2 RESULTS PART FOUR

8. Els Smekens & Michael Iongbloed - "Sing Sing Sing" - (Quickstep by Euvgenia Parakhina and Peter Bosveld)

7fl17n.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@Deeee - 3

@.Rei - 5

@taylorkat - 7

@totes4totes -8

@kritaaay - 10

@FrogLenzen - 11

Public - 17(@*Chris - 9,@Zoey - 18 , @Erestor - 15)

Avg. Score = 8.71

COMMENTS

Rei

The ballroom routines are definitely the weaker part of the Benelux seasons but somehow NL2 managed to deliver two of my favorite quicksteps ever. Great song, great musicality and a great performance by Els and Michael.

Megan

Els danced as many quicksteps during her time on the show as jazz/modern routines. She's a lyrical dancer. The Belgian/Dutch choreographers have nailed quicksteps and honestly, maybe I am just a quickstep lover.

Kriti

Thank god they ditched the weird sleeve flags. I actually enjoy this routine more than her first quickstep even if it’s less like… traditional? It’s just fun and they do it justice.

Derek

two quicksteps in an 8 week season and still wins. When will your fave

7. Suzanne de Bekker & Kris Loix - "9 Crimes" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert)

7fl1xk.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 5

Derek - 6

Public - 6 (Patryk-10, Zoey-12, Chris-2)

Rei - 7

Dee - 8

Megan - 9

Gigi - 14

Avg. Score = 7.86

COMMENTS

Kriti

I’m in love with these two. I am going to push them as hard as I can whenever the Superlatives game has the round for best one-week couple. Jesus. I love them so much. I’m so mad about them not making the final based off this week of incredible dances. Suzanne got eliminated over Evelien with that garbage hip-hop? F*ck off.

Derek

yes guys, this is how you compete

Rei

Isabelle is just a top notch choreographer that can create a simple routine but make it so captivating, no matter which dancers she gets. Sure Suzanne and Kris are very good dancers but Isabelle is so talented that she can work with anyone and make a a great routine. this is very good

Megan

This is a routine that has Isabelle written all over it. Thankfully Isabelle is a good choreographer.

6. Els Smekens & Kris Loix - "Let's Groove" - (Poppin' by Lloyd Marengo)

7fl2mb.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 2

Kriti - 3

Dee - 5

Rei - 6

Megan - 7

Public - 12 (Chris-10, Patryk-4, Zoey-20)

Derek - 15

Avg. Score = 7.14

COMMENTS

Kriti

This is unironically incredible. Kris definitely is my second favourite guy of the season.

Rei

Boo at Derek for tanking this!

To do a popping routine justice is very hard if you're not a popper or a very good hip hop dancer so the fact that Els manage to do good here was actually super impressive. Kris was just amazing in this. 

Boo again a Derek!!!

Megan

I used to not like this piece as much, like it was good but I thought the choreography was a bit underwhelming. But on rewatch I'm a lot more impressed. I certainly think that this was pretty easy for Kris (who I believe is a popper) but Els is quite good. The stuff she does on the floor, the brief bit of tutting. It's all pretty good.

Derek

Hip hop three weeks in a row and Els is unphased

5. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Let's Face The Music And Dance" - (Quickstep by Euvgenia Parakhina and Peter Bosveld)

7fl3mu.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 2

Derek - 3

Gigi - 5

Megan - 5

Dee - 6

Public - 11 (Zoey-13, Chris-13, Patryk-7)

Kriti - 17

Avg. Score = 7.00

COMMENTS

Rei

Boooooooo at Kriti for tanking this!!!

Can you believe that this was Angels second routine?

Can you believe that this is one of the best quicksteps ever on the series?

Can you believe that Els danced this that gracefully and showed great quickstep technique?

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT FREAKING ANGELO GAVE ONE OF THE BEST STANDAR BALLROOM PERFORMANCES BY A HIP HOP MALE DANCER WHERE HE HAD AMAZING FOOTWORK, STUNNING FRAME AND FLAWLESS PERFORMANCE???

Booooo at Kriti again!!!

Derek

Out of this world. A moment.

Megan

Incredible. Euvgenia and Peter just have great chreography. Els and Angelo are phenomenal. I am not sure what Angelo's training background is, but he might be like the single most talented hip-hop dancer at doing ballroom on this show. And Els is so good. They are just so talented. It blows my mind how lucky we are that they got paired up.

Kriti

Apart from the costuming department’s penchant to put flags on every woman’s wrists, I enjoyed this routine. I think I enjoy quicksteps in general if they’re done at least solidly.

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL2) (#08-#05 Posted)
4 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Suzanne got eliminated over Evelien with that garbage hip-hop? F*ck off.

my guess is, Suzanne and Kris like BARELY scraped by the week before (again I cannot understate how bad WILD THING is) and that Angelo carried Evelien to the finale.

Your Top 4!!!!

LIVE SHOW 4:

Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Comptine D'un Autre Ete" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Ish Ait Hamou) Watch Here

LIVE SHOW 5:

Suzanne de Bekker & Angelo Pardo - "Zeg Me Dat Het Niet Zo Is" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert) Watch Here

LIVE SHOW 6:

Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Theme From Schindler's List" - (English Waltz by Euvgenia Parakhina and Peter Bosveld) Watch Here

LIVE SHOW 8:

Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Ben" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert) Watch Here

I think one thing the Benelux show has done incredibly well is figure out what makes a really entertaining standard ballroom routine. Like an English Waltz made the Top 4 and two quicksteps in the Top 8. Like the US show has almost done away with any standard ballrooms aside from Viennese Waltzes. I don't think there's another iteration of the show that choreographs them as entertainingly.

I don't think it's any surprise that Euvgenia would join the judges panel starting season three. She has a real eye for what makes a good SYTYCD ballroom routine.

• Like 1

I really should have rewatched all the routines before sending in my ranking, because I think watching them all back now slightly changes some of my rankings. I think the English Waltz would be in my Top 5. A bit weird I ranked it 7th.

5 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I really should have rewatched all the routines before sending in my ranking, because I think watching them all back now slightly changes some of my rankings. I think the English Waltz would be in my Top 5. A bit weird I ranked it 7th.

i can't believe you don't rewatch each routine about 50x and then send a paragraph of description for your ranking comments

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

i can't believe you don't rewatch each routine about 50x and then send a paragraph of description for your ranking comments

I thought about doing that, but I realized my comments for Benelux 2 specifically would be VERY repetitive. LOL. 

I Will say that I think my expectation was  too high for Angels when watching as everyone talked about them and I thought I was gonna be blown away by everything they did but sadly wasn’t the case. 

I forgot what I have left :haha: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I Will say that I think my expectation was  too high for Angels when watching as everyone talked about them and I thought I was gonna be blown away by everything they did but sadly wasn’t the case. 

Meryl Streep GIF by MOODMAN

37 minutes ago, *Chris said:

implement the downvote button IDF

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

I am in total agreement! ^_^

• Like 1