SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU1 RESULTS PART FIVE

05. Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "Spider-Man Theme" - (Quickstep by Leanne Bampton)

6o2fxi.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

@*Chris - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Alex95 - 5

@*Amanda - 5

@*Diana - 6

@.Rei - 7

@*Wallace - 7

@Erestor - 7

@taylorkat - 9

@JC - 20

Avg. Score = 7.10

COMMENTS

Derek

“I’ve never heard of you before” honestly Jason Coleman can f*ck all the way off. Clock Damien AU2 as the assistant here.

Alex

Partnering Kate & Jack together just literally wasn't fair to anyone else.

Rei

one of the best quickstep from any series.. They killed this!

Wallace

It's funny seeing Jack having two movie themed routines here. :giggle: But this was a really fun and fantastic Quickstep from Kate & Jack. I thought they did a great job dancing in hold with a good frame and fast footwork, but they also sold and told the story really well. Just wonderful storytelling. I especially loved the partners where they were holding hands and kicking all about. A very fun and certainly one of the best Quicksteps on SYTYCD. :yes:

JC

Idk, I just do not stan Kate & Jack or this routine.

04. Kate Wormald & Rhys Bobridge - "Give It To Me" - (Hip-Hop by Supple)

6o2giu.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 1

Derek - 2

Amanda - 2

Gigi - 3

Diana - 4

Patrick - 4

JC - 8

Chris - 12

Wallace - 13

Alex - 20

Avg. Score = 6.90

COMMENTS

Rei

I debated for a bit with myself about if this or my #2 was my favorite routine of the season, but in the end this edged the other out a bit. This is a fantastic routine danced perfectly by Rhys and Kate. It reminds me a lot of Buyou which is also one of the best hip hop of all-time. Rhys is still my favorite Australian dancer ever and during this rewatch, Kate reminded me why she is one of the greatest. I wish this could have at last made the Top 2, and maybe if Megan and Dee were playing, it could had have.... but #4 is also good..... eyerollin' the #20, #13 and #12.....

Derek

Supple talking about his piece makes you think he’s a bit high on his own farts but then you watch it and realize it is as good and complicated as he says while also being wildly entertaining and accessible to watch and to a Timbo track. Kate smashing the movement, Rhys absolutely nailing the freeze at the end… so good

JC

Loved this vibe, Supple slayed as usual.

Wallace

This was such a sick and fun routine! :bobo: I loved the style of this dance and how Kate & Rhys danced this. Theyh had hot chemistry and the style of this dance was so slick. I especially loved those parts where Kate would dance in front of Rhys and they would do those in sync movements with each other. And yeah they both nailed it here! Fun and sick dance! :bobo:

Alex

A bit of a strategic ranking. Y'all were too mad about me cutting this on the cuts round. It's fine but hardly one of the standout routines of the season.

03. Kate Wormald & Graeme Isaako - "Fix You" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis Linnert)

6o2h64.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Diana - 1

Wallace - 1

Amanda - 1

Patrick - 1

JC - 3

Gigi - 4

Rei - 5

Chris - 10

Derek - 15

Alex - 15

Avg. Score = 5.60

COMMENTS

Diana

I debated for a long time between this and my number two but at the end this was the one I felt deserved my top spot, truly a legendary moment

Wallace

I feel like this was the first "Fix You" Contemporary on a SYTYCD show? This is REALLLY so gorgeous, moving and stunning. Kate & Graeme connected beautifully and they danced itg  just as beautifully. Loved how they both showcased their technique so well, their chemistry, partnering, side by side dancing and just everything. I love how this dance had a mix of soft/quiet and then big/standout moments. This was simply beautiful. :wub:

Amanda

STUNNING. This is one of my favorite SYTYCD routines ever. Debbie Ellis gave these two a fantastic piece of choreography and they ran with it. The chemistry and emotion were there and the dancing was fantastic as well. Australia 1 provided so many great routines, but this one has always been my favorite of the season.

Patrick

Giving “Fix You” love & recognition it deserves! :wub: For me, this dance is iconic for so many reasons. It's probably the first dance that comes to my mind whenever I think about SYTYCD Australia. It also features my two favourites of the season, Kate and Graeme, getting their shining moment on the show and establishing their status as a power couple. Their chemistry and maturity in this routine is amazing. What's also great about this routine is even though we have had so many seasons of SYTYCD and so many Contemporaries on the show already, it still stands out amongst them, and it's a routine I love to re-visit. Beautiful choreography, beautiful song, and beautifully danced. And the fact it's one of the reasons that have connected Kate and Graeme and made them such great friends even long time after the show has ended, is just so sweet. ❤️

DY1btyD.jpg

JC

Stunning and memorable.

Rei

All the contemporary routines don't have to be very deep, super edgy or artsy for them to be an amazing routine (and I will forever defend Mandy Moore cheesy contemporary routines) as long as it is danced and performed well, it has the capability of being an outstanding routine and this hit all of those marks. They danced this flawless and performed it flawless and I'm glad it made it all the way to top 3

Derek

My favorite part is when Kate karate kicks Graeme in the face.

Alex

A "Fix You" contemporary routine is just a bit bland and predictable for me, but objectively there's no denying how amazing it was danced.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU1) (#05-03 Posted)

Amanda

1. Fix you

2. Give it to me

3. Break it off

5. Spider-Man Theme

7. Message to my girl

8. A new day has come

9. 4 Minutes

10. O Verona

11. Blackbird

12. No one

13. Bleeding love

14. Gasolina

15. Fragile

16. Flashlight

17. Kiss from a rose

18. Theme from Mission Impossible

19. Crazy in love

20. Live and let die

Alex

2. Gasolina

3. Kiss from a rose

4. Live and let die

5. Spider-Man Theme

6. Blackbird

7. O Verona

9. Flashlight

10. Fragile

11. Message to my girl

12. A new day has come

13. Theme from Mission Impossible

14. Break it off

15. Fix you

16. No one

17. Crazy in love

18. Bleeding love

19. 4 Minutes

20. Give it to me

Chris

2 Spider-Man Theme

3. Fragile

5. Blackbird

6. 4 Minutes

7. O Verona

8. No one

9. Kiss from a rose

10. Fix you

11. Flashlight

12. Give it to me

13. Live and let die

14. Message to my girl

15. A new day has come

16. Theme from Mission Impossible

17. Bleeding love

18. Crazy in love

19. Break it off

20. Gasolina

Derek

1. Blackbird

2 Give it to me

3. Spider-Man Theme

6. Break it off

7. Gasolina

8. A new day has come

9. Theme from Mission Impossible

10. No one

11. Kiss from a rose

12. Flashlight

13. Message to my girl

14. Crazy in love

15. Fix you

16. O Verona

17. Bleeding love

18. Fragile

19. Live and let die

20. 4 Minutes

Diana

1. Fix you

3. No one

4. Give it to me

5. Message to my girl

6. Spider-Man Theme

7. A new day has come

8. Live and let die

9. Break it off

10. O Verona

11. Kiss from a rose

12. Bleeding love

14. Crazy in love

15. 4 Minutes

16. Gasolina

17. Flashlight

18. Blackbird

19. Fragile

20. Theme from Mission Impossible

Gigi

2 Break it off

3. Give it to me

4. Fix you

5. Message to my girl

7. A new day has come

8. O Verona

9. Spider-Man Theme

10. Blackbird

11. Gasolina

12. No one

13. Live and let die

14. Flashlight

15. Kiss from a rose

16. Crazy in love

17. 4 Minutes

18. Fragile

19. Bleeding love

20. Theme from Mission Impossible

JC

2. Bleeding love

3. Fix you

4. Live and let die

5. 4 Minutes

6. Fragile

7. Kiss from a rose

8. Give it to me

10. A new day has come

11. Blackbird

12. Flashlight

13. Gasolina

14. Crazy in love

15. O Verona

16. Break it off

17. Theme from Mission Impossible

18. No one

19. Message to my girl

20. Spider-Man Theme

Patrick

1. Fix you

2. 4 Minutes

4. Give it to me

6. No one

7. Spider-Man Theme

8. Break it off

9. Bleeding love

10. Message to my girl

11. A new day has come

12. Theme from Mission Impossible

13. Fragile

14. O Verona

15. Live and let die

16. Crazy in love

17. Blackbird

18. Kiss from a rose

19. Gasolina

20. Flashlight

Rei

1. Give it to me

3. Break it off

5. Fix you

6. O Verona

7. Spider-Man Theme

8. Flashlight

9. Live and let die

10. Blackbird

11. Gasolina

12. A new day has come

13. Fragile

14. Message to my girl

15. 4 Minutes

16. Kiss from a rose

17. Theme from Mission Impossible

18. Crazy in love

19. Bleeding love

20. No one

Wallace

1. Fix you

4. 4 Minutes

5. A new day has come

6. O Verona

7. Spider-Man Theme

8. Fragile

9. Gasolina

10. Break it off

11. Bleeding love

12. Flashlight

13. Give it to me

14. Crazy in love

15. No one

16. Kiss from a rose

17. Message to my girl

18. Theme from Mission Impossible

19. Blackbird

20. Live and let die

Lol I'm confused on Derek's comment for the Spiderman routine. :dead: Very pleased for Kate & Jack's Quickstep making it to 5th. Such an outstanding Quickstep! Ew this being JC's #20 but I guess it makes sense based on the remaining options? :haha: 

- I STAND BY my #13 ranking so be nice, Mr. Rei. 😘 Anyway, "Give It To Me" is a fantastic dance and I do get the love for it. It was just a battle of so many outstanding routines that it just fell down to 13th for me. Still love it. Ooh and yeah I knew this would be Alex's #20 as he did cut it earlier in the game. :haha: 

- Ooof darn, a bummer that "Fix You" couldn't win it even though maybe this was viewed as too predictable of a winner. :( Slayyy at 4 #1s for this which is amazing. ❤️ Kate & Graeme were amazing in this and certainly a standout routine! Oooh nicee that Patryk got to post a more recent pic of them and glad they are still such good friends! 

Hmm, well my #2 and #3 are still remaining so yayyy at least my Top 3 routines made it to the Top 3!  :wub: That's fantastic! I would be really happy with either dance winning. Henry & Vanessa would be the underdogs to win while Jack & Kate would be the favorites to win. Wonder which will previal? Both are very deserving to win! :yes: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

it's what the Jason said to the choreographer during judging... I just hate him so much lolol

Oooh ok, thanks. I didn't watch the comments this time around. Jason does say some silly and obnoxious things with his judging, so I get it. :dead: 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Love this Top 2 ❤️ 

Same. ❤️ 

• Like 1

#12 - "No One" - Really great! Bummer it didn't make top 10 but at least it wasn't overlooked.

#11 - "Message to My Girl" - Kate slayed this. Ugh AU1 had so many great routines

#10 - "4 Minutes" - ROBBED. Not here for this ranking. :closedeyes: At least it made top 10, I guess. This is quite possibly my most re-watched routine of the season and I'm still obsessed with it to this day. It made me fall in love with Graeme :wub:

#9 - "Blackbird" - Now I don't feel bad about ranking it low. :kissbye: In all seriousness, it is a great group routine but there were too many great duets this season for me to rank it higher

#8 - "O Verona" - I was kind of waiting for it to appear tbh. :ph34rwave: I mean it was really good but #8? A bit too high imo

#7 - "A New Day Has Come" - Now this was stunning. Not in my top 10, either, but I really liked it. But I prefer Ania Tarnowska's American Smooth to this song. :wub:

#6 - "Break It Off" - This is my favourite Jemma/Rhys routine so I'm happy with this ranking. Wow @ their 3 routines being ranked back-to-back.

#5 - "Spider-Man Theme" - This was fantastic. A little higher than I had it, but no complaints as it's quite possibly one of the most entertaining Quicksteps on the show ever.

#4 - "Give It to Me" - Wow I thought this would be in top 2 for sure. I actually love my top 4 almost equally and had it at #4 as well but this is just perfection

#3 - "Fix You" - I knew it probably won't win with all the Graeme shade but let's be honest, this was the most iconic routine of the season and it set the tone for the rest of AU1. I've said it all in my write-up, so I'm just gonna give it up for those people with flawless taste :wub::

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

03. Kate Wormald & Graeme Isaako - "Fix You" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis Linnert)

6o2h64.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Diana - 1

Wallace - 1

Amanda - 1

giphy.gif

Edited by Erestor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Erestor said:

let's be honest, this was the most iconic routine of the season and it set the tone for the rest of AU1.

I think you might be getting your routines mixed up. Obviously you meant to write this for the samba

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

I think you might be getting your routines mixed up. Obviously you meant to write this for the samba

The Samba made me thirsting over Henry :haha:I think this applies to most of us lol

• Like 1