• Season 12
    • Season. 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15
    • Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season. 19
  3. 3. Great Season(Your 2nd Favorite Season)

• Season 11
    • Season 12
    • Season 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15
    • Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season 19

Top to bottom:

1. Season 13
  2. Season 17
  3. Season 12
  4. Season 19
  5. Season 18
  6. Season 15 
  7. Season 14
  8. Season 16
  9. Season 11

Basically, the more I like the blinds (especially the first episode or two), the more I have to steel myself for the inevitable disappointments at the first live episode... 😅

I also tend to like seasons more where there's not a clear-cut winner, which is ultimately why I like Season 13 more than Season 17, but sometimes seasons with clear-cut front-runners can be my favorites if more than one of the front runners has a "moment" (using Season 17 as an example: Rose + God's Country, Hoot + Desperado, Katie + Always Remember Us This Way, Ricky + Let It Be).

I'm not a fan of some of the formatting messes that have happened (real-time voting for who moves on from the playoffs in Seasons 11/12/14, pre-recorded playoffs in Season 13, the Comeback Stage in Seasons 15/16, the Cross Battles of Season 16, or cutting down the amount of audience-voting shows for Seasons 16/18/19), but in those instances I try to focus more on the talent pool, which at the end of the day is the heart of the show.

I will say that of all the seasons listed here, there's only been two semifinals where there was at least one contestant who I didn't like a single performance from, and one of those is ranked the lowest on the list yes this is a direct callout of Josh Gallagher. Otherwise, I tried to leave my biases out of making the list when I focused on the cast's talent.

• Like 2

Too lazy to rank them.

Favorite: S17. Honestly, the season I enjoyed watching the most overall. It had several people I enjoyed, and it had an extremely deserving group of finalists.

2nd Favorite : S13. Another strong season. I don´t think of it as the second coming as the majority of IDF, but it was pretty darn good. It holds up very well.

Least Favorite: S11. Didn´t watch live, but I saw it later and man, those live shows were ROUGH. I think Sundance deservingly won though. 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Too lazy to rank them.

Favorite: S17. Honestly, the season I enjoyed watching the most overall. It had several people I enjoyed, and it had an extremely deserving group of finalists.

2nd Favorite : S13. Another strong season. I don´t think of it as the second coming as the majority of IDF, but it was pretty darn good. It holds up very well.

Least Favorite: S11. Didn´t watch live, but I saw it later and man, those live shows were ROUGH. I think Sundance deservingly won though. 

Mine is similar; 13, 17, 11