• Season 12
    • Season. 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15
    • Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season. 19
  3. 3. Great Season(Your 2nd Favorite Season)

• Season 11
    • Season 12
    • Season 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15
    • Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season 19

Top to bottom:

1. Season 13
  2. Season 17
  3. Season 12
  4. Season 19
  5. Season 18
  6. Season 15 
  7. Season 14
  8. Season 16
  9. Season 11

Basically, the more I like the blinds (especially the first episode or two), the more I have to steel myself for the inevitable disappointments at the first live episode... 😅

I also tend to like seasons more where there's not a clear-cut winner, which is ultimately why I like Season 13 more than Season 17, but sometimes seasons with clear-cut front-runners can be my favorites if more than one of the front runners has a "moment" (using Season 17 as an example: Rose + God's Country, Hoot + Desperado, Katie + Always Remember Us This Way, Ricky + Let It Be).

I'm not a fan of some of the formatting messes that have happened (real-time voting for who moves on from the playoffs in Seasons 11/12/14, pre-recorded playoffs in Season 13, the Comeback Stage in Seasons 15/16, the Cross Battles of Season 16, or cutting down the amount of audience-voting shows for Seasons 16/18/19), but in those instances I try to focus more on the talent pool, which at the end of the day is the heart of the show.

I will say that of all the seasons listed here, there's only been two semifinals where there was at least one contestant who I didn't like a single performance from, and one of those is ranked the lowest on the list yes this is a direct callout of Josh Gallagher. Otherwise, I tried to leave my biases out of making the list when I focused on the cast's talent.

• Like 2

Too lazy to rank them.

Favorite: S17. Honestly, the season I enjoyed watching the most overall. It had several people I enjoyed, and it had an extremely deserving group of finalists.

2nd Favorite : S13. Another strong season. I don´t think of it as the second coming as the majority of IDF, but it was pretty darn good. It holds up very well.

Least Favorite: S11. Didn´t watch live, but I saw it later and man, those live shows were ROUGH. I think Sundance deservingly won though. 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Too lazy to rank them.

Favorite: S17. Honestly, the season I enjoyed watching the most overall. It had several people I enjoyed, and it had an extremely deserving group of finalists.

2nd Favorite : S13. Another strong season. I don´t think of it as the second coming as the majority of IDF, but it was pretty darn good. It holds up very well.

Least Favorite: S11. Didn´t watch live, but I saw it later and man, those live shows were ROUGH. I think Sundance deservingly won though. 

Mine is similar; 13, 17, 11

7 hours ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

IMO my rankings from strongest to weakest

1. Season 13

2. Season 17

3.Season 12

4. Season 18

5. Season 15

6. Season 19

7. Season 14

8. Season 11

9. Season 16