The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Becca & Floyd

tar29 | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Rebecca "Becca" Droz and Floyd Pierce are a team of Strangers on The Amazing Race 29 and a team of Friends on The Amazing Race 31. They are collectively known as "Team Fun." Yeah hat's right TWO seasons of these two? Not sure why they weren't really deserving of that oppertunity sorry. Rachel and Elissa being the iconic queens they are lead to these two downfall. So Antother reason to stan them lol. These two are harmless i guess but not really entertaining or warrent a spot in our top 100 so I am not sure I really care I didn't get a choice but to cut them.

13 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I love 29 Becca & Floyd but don’t like 31 Becca & Floyd so this is fine. Becca turning the fun meter down while Floyd is dying in 29 :dead:

I found Becca to be so contrived lol, Floyd was fine though.

@*Amanda I probably won't be too active within the next week or so because I'm currently moving. I'll try to check in every now and then, but if you don't hear from me for a bit, that's the reason.

I guess this message can go for you too Alex, but I don't think you'll need anything from me in the AI game during the meantime.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Katie and rachel

I legit looked at their promo pics and could not remember them lol. Perhaps if I was straight I would have remembered them more but alas I will leave the drooling to qk as their strengths are completely lost on me. This is how I know how gay I am. I look at them and know they’re attractive but literally give less than zero shits. Anyways I feel like they were a bitchy team? Perhaps I am wrong but they look like they might have been. I also feel like they were a very strong team that got randomly eliminated which is sad for strong all female teams. I think this was before Nat and Kat won, actually perhaps they were on the same season lol, anyways since I legit cannot remember them I don’t feel bad about them leaving. Bye betches!

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Diana Nominates Next)
Just now, *Diana said:

I figured y'all keep coming for my favorites so it's my mission to make this the most random top 20 ever :wub: Chris  in the TV rankdown inspired me.

The last round of this game was like 5 years ago, how do you even know who did what lol

• Haha 1

Uchenna & Joyce

uchennajoyce.jpg

Uchenna & Joyce were pretty lucky that they were on TAR 7. In a cast as abysmal as TAR 7 and considering the circumstances they faced throughout the season, Uchenna & Joyce came out of the season looking like angels. Rootable underdogs who defeated the evil team at the last second! It’s a storyline we love to see, hell even I was rooting for Uchenna & Joyce. Then you throw them in an actually good season like TAR 11, and they flop.
Uchenna & Joyce were a nice, but rather invisible, couple early in the season. They got a leg win when Uchenna beasted the meat eating roadblock. They were apparently there to work on their marriage as it has deteriorated due to their many struggles having a baby. We didn’t really see much of this conflict though. I heard rumors that the show kind of hid their drama because they wanted Uchenna & Joyce to be viewed as the heroes. Tbh I’d buy that. I also think it’s entirely possible that they actually functioned well during the race and didn’t have much drama.
Uchenna & Joyce hit their peak in Africa. I always love the teams on early TAR who appreciate the culture of the world and aren’t xenophobic and Uchenna & Joyce are no exception. The two of them thrived in Africa meeting the locals and enjoying the sights. Specifically the scene at the orphanage. Joyce had a really beautiful and emotional reaction to seeing the orphanage, considering her problems with having kids, which made her contemplate adoption. It’s always nice to see contestants get more out of the race than it simply being a reality show and racing competition.
I fully got on board with Uchenna & Joyce in India, when Joyce would take part in, quite possibly, the most iconic moment in Amazing Race history. Joyce shaving her head is a moment that will forever bring me to tears. Joyce losing that insecure part of herself and doing the rest of the race bald for the entire world to see is incredibly brave. No other woman on the show has ever taken this step, and a lot of men haven’t. Joyce was committed to the race and made the brave choice to shave her head for the fast-forward. They likely would have been eliminated that leg if she didn’t do it. Uchenna was also so unbelievably supportive and I love that about him.

From them on, I was fully on board with the Uchenna & Joyce experience. They aligned with Meredith & Gretchen and got the two of them on the first flight into Turkey, securing them their second first place leg finish in a row. Unfortunately the pair of teams fell behind in Turkey and had to fight each other for last place. Uchenna saw Meredith & Gretchen struggling at the detour though and, out of the goodness in his heart, decided to help them. Uchenna’s kindness there showed his true character. Despite the fact that he is fighting for last place, he still wanted to help the last place team. I mean I’m sure he knew that they could easily beat Meredith & Gretchen, arguably the weakest team of the entire season. But he didn’t have to help them.
Going into the finale they were the clear underdogs. After a broken-down tire in the penultimate leg, they got last place during that NEL and had to go into the final leg with no money or belongings. Uchenna & Joyce fell far behind in the final leg as they begged for money. However, Uchenna inspired Joyce and they did not give up. They struggled with money the entire leg, and were multiple tasks behind. They got saved by a well-placed equalizer though. Then Uchenna managed to beg his way onto the first flight with Rob & Amber going to the final destination city, a flight he had no business being on considering how late he showed up to the airport. The final leg lowkey sucked and Uchenna & Joyce barely deserved to win, but I’m not complaining. They legit only had to do one task in Miami before running to the finish line lol. But whatever it takes to stop Rob & Amber from winning I’m happy with! As much as the finale sucked, it was exciting to see Uchenna & Joyce begging for money literally at the finish line so they can pay their taxi driver and run to the finish. Apparently there was a lotta shady shit going on and the producers may or may not have intervened to get Uchenna & Joyce on the flight so the finale wouldn't a runaway for Rob & Amber. But like I said, no complaints from me.
Uchenna & Joyce are then the only winners to be cast on All-Stars, and yeah, they flop. They don’t flop I suppose, but they’re just way out of their league. There are so many amazing top-tier legends in the cast and Uchenna & Joyce just can’t hold a candle to them (with most of them nominated this round for some reason???). Uchenna & Joyce have unfortunately been struggling with IVF since their win so there are problems with their marriage. I’m not sure if another win will help them, but what the hell, why not go for two million dollars. Uchenna & Joyce make it all the way to fifth place, but frankly they’re lucky they made it that far. The first few legs are pretty stagnant so Uchenna & Joyce are able to skate by in the middle of the pack. They get last place on the fifth leg, but are saved by a NEL. Then all the messy stuff in the Tunisia airport happens which pushes them way above Teri & Ian and Joe & Bill. Then on the way to Malaysia, they go for a risky flight with a fifteen minute connection just for a one hour lead and miss it, thus eliminating them (my guess is it was supposed to be a NEL, but they cancelled it because they don’t want ANOTHER episode with one team so far behind the rest :dead:). 
Uchenna & Joyce’s conflicts with each other was a lot more present this time around. I could definitely sense the tension between them when they were on screen, especially in the second leg where Joyce flopped at the boardroom roadblock and Uchenna was very clearly getting pissed. All-Stars pretty much solidified my opinion on Uchenna & Joyce that I thought they had. They stood out on season seven as one of the few good teams amongst a bunch of mediocre teams. Then on All-Stars, they were with some of the biggest legends in Amazing Race history and just could not stand out.

Save Teri & Ian

Kevin & Drew

i_JqtUNkku90a9YCIoogTlpHAa6EuW-v3oW7syQ-

Honestly I never really cared for Kevin & Drew so I don't mind cutting them here. They were on the first season of the amazing race and they finished in 4th place and then appeared on Amazing Race All- Stars and flopped there and finished in 10th place. They won 3 legs of the race during season 1 so they were decent racers on that season at least. Kevin and Drew are lifelong friends and frat brothers and being cast on the first season and then the first all star season is certainly a big accomplishment that they should be proud of. They also made a cameo on the family season of Amazing Race so it's cool that they stayed involved with the show and were willing to make that cameo. But besides being on some iconic seasons they didn't do anything for me unlike the vastly superior team of Oswald and Danny that I chose to save so this was a pretty easy decision to make so out they go from the rankdown now.

Saving Oswald & Danny

33 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I figured y'all keep coming for my favorites so it's my mission to make this the most random top 20 ever :wub: Chris  in the TV rankdown inspired me.

32 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

The last round of this game was like 5 years ago, how do you even know who did what lol

:dead: 

PAOLO FAMILY

9845444ed0459f9b_8_the_amazing_race.jpg

The Paolo Family competed on the Family Edition of The Amazing Race. Tony and Marion were the parents, and D.J. and Brian were the sons. They were a dysfunctional Italian-American family from New York, and the sons often bickered with their mom. However, I thought the sons were very disrespectful, especially D.J. Even though the arguing didn't faze them and it was a family dynamic they were used to, I remember thinking as I was watching the season how I would never talk to my mother like that. Anyway, the Paolo Family were towards the back of the pack for the first half of the race, but they improved and eventually won first place in Panama thanks to the bungee jumping Fast Forward. They won the next leg in Costa Rica too. However, they were eliminated in Arizona after not asking for directions to the Grand Canyon. They look a longer route and fell behind, which resulted in them getting eliminated in fifth place. Anyway, out they go from the rankdown now.

Saving Meredith & Gretchen. 

Edited by Steven_