American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Exactly! Oh she was "honest" woohoo, she's still a garbage person.

And it's not like Mariah just blew smoke up everyone's asses like the judges do now. She knew what she was talking about, she just had trouble articulating in 60 seconds.

I agree. I don’t think Mariah was a bad judge by any means. I think she’s one of those people that could have improved with 2-3 seasons of judging. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

I mean, I totally agree that as a person, Nicki is trash. I’m not denying that. I just miss having judges who have actually constructive criticism instead of the blank platitudes of the current panel.

“You’re going to be the next Kelly Clarkson!”

Says a judge to a contestant on a show that hasn’t produced anyone with Kelly’s success since arguably 2005.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Says a judge to a contestant on a show that hasn’t produced anyone with Kelly’s success since arguably 2005.

Katy to Wyatt: "You're ready to go on tour TODAY!"

Wyatt: *drops out of competition a week later*

Not that I'm knocking anyone for mental health issues (and I actually was kind of tapping into Wyatt's voice the second go-around, he has potential) but I think that just perfectly paints the ridiculousness of these judging claims.

Lol I feel like the Mariah and Nicki debate gets brought up all the time here. :haha:

I agree with both sets of comments on them. I appreciate Nicki’s (brutal) honesty as that is rare to see. Also agree with Andrew’s comments on her judging. Mariah did offer some good advice and comments but yeah her issue was rambling on and not saying what she had to say in a short amount of time.

As a whole I do love Mariah more and been a fan of hers much longer but I love them both and  their music and of course I’m fan of theirs. Neither were perfect fits for the show (and you can pick out the valid issues in their time on he show) but I still prefer them over a few other judges in the past or current. :haha:  

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Wild to think this actually transpired. :dead:

LMAOOO Yesss I always think of this song/video when their Idol time comes up.... and think wow it's crazy they had a song together. :haha: I really like this song too though.

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Mariah knew what she was talking out though as a singer, a song-writer and as an acclaimed artist who has been in the business for over 30 years even though according to her she doesn’t age. :dead:

Mariah only celebrating her anniversaries (as birthdays) is one of my favorite things about her! :wub: :dead: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

14 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Katy to Wyatt: "You're ready to go on tour TODAY!"

Wyatt: *drops out of competition a week later*

Not that I'm knocking anyone for mental health issues (and I actually was kind of tapping into Wyatt's voice the second go-around, he has potential) but I think that just perfectly paints the ridiculousness of these judging claims.

I dislike when the judges make comments like this so early on. 

Someone will audition and they will be like your Top 2 material. :dead: Calm down. :rofl:

39 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I just think if we're gonna judge contestants for being Republicans we shouldn't defend judges who are problematic af.

See: Ellen, who was also more critical than current judges might I add lol.

ngl her saying “You look very pretty but I will now turn over the critiques to Kara” after Paige’s Against All Odds was hilarious.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I dislike when the judges make comments like this so early on. 

Someone will audition and they will be like your Top 2 material. :dead: Calm down. :rofl:

They told everyone in the Top 24 they were going to win during their audition this season.

Like, this isn’t Drag Race. We only get one winner.

47 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Mariah just needed more to make her points more quickly but she had major wisdom and advice as a singer and artist compared to Nicki who was going to quit the show if Curtis went home. 🤣

A classic iconic moment. :wub::dead: