Songs you wish a specific artist would’ve covered on the show

TheVoiceFan2

• 2 weeks later...

If Season 20 had a longer season:

Knowing that Cam Anthony did well with "Wanted Dead or Alive" on finale night, for "challenge week," I would've liked him to take on Switchfoot's "Dare You to Move." It'll still be considered a fresh song choice as it has been only covered once on The Voice by Evan McKeel if I recall. 

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 11:01 PM, Ottoxxx said:

Marisa Corvo should have sung "The Edge Of Glory" by Lady Gaga, she would have beaten Tanner with it.

Given Kelly's obsession with Tanner, I kind of doubt that.

I really think that Bella DeNapoli should've sung "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey and "Lights" by Ellie Goulding for her Knockout and Playoff performances, in either order.  I think that she has the tone for both, and she probably would've made Ariana's top three if she had.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would've liked to hear Hailey Mia cover "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato. 

- I am honestly a bit surprised there was only one notable cover of that song on "The Voice" USA so far considering it is one of Demi's most popular songs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Kyla Jade - Total praise

Been obsessed with this song lately. Not even religious, but as far as church music goes, sonically, it's one of the best. I was thinking Kymberli Joye for this song, but I think Kyla Jade can go even higher during the climax of the song while still bringing the growl/stank vocals. Imagine the choir that Kyla had in the semi finals, paired up with this song.. the potential.

John Holiday - Summertime

He has a great version on YouTube. He could have added a jazzier side to the song that would distinguish itself from Thunderstorms version. Also, he could use the piano!

Davon Fleming - Back to black.

Dude killed Amy winehouse in his audition with a masterful jazzy rendition of the song, yet he never tapped into that side of his again. He would have done the same thing with this song he did with me and mrs jones. Add some range, runs, and jazzy inflections. 

• 1 month later...

Rowan Grace - Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)

This was a missed opportunity; she should have covered it as a dedication song instead of "The Winner Takes It All". She had a killer rendition of the song

Kim Cruse - My Funny Valentine

Do I have to say anything about this

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...