AI19 Hopes & Predictions

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m hoping for some pop princesses like Makayla, and some singer-songwriters like Francisco, Julia, Jonny, and Louis. :wub:

I want anyone who is a solid piano singer-songwriter. Like my two favs the last two seasons; Ashley Hess and Julia Gargano. I also want marketable people like Gabby and Francisco that fit right into the industry

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blirel said:

I want anyone who is a solid piano singer-songwriter. Like my two favs the last two seasons; Ashley Hess and Julia Gargano. I also want marketable people like Gabby and Francisco that fit right into the industry

Yeah, I’m hoping for this too! I’d love another Ashley Hess. :wub: 

12 hours ago, Blirel said:

How exactly has Francisco fit right into the industry?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I won’t be surprised if they try to find a country winner this season. After seeing Gabby’s success, I can see them trying to find another Carrie Underwood type. This is the “fourth season”, after all. 😉

Calling it now, the winner will be a female country powerhouse. :haha:

• Sad 2

The powerhouse ballad queens are a thing with IDF.   But there's been speculation that Just Sam has been dropped by Hollywood Records.  She is no longer on their website and she is doing a Christmas duet with Faith Becnel that is an indie release. 

It's only been 7 mos since Sam won.  But I am not surprised.   With song choices like Fantasia's I Believe from 16 years ago - Sam was always going to struggle as a current artist.

I think viewers voted more for her back stage story, but lost interest once she was not on TV. 

• Sad 1

On 12/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, KelseyW said:

IDF don't want it, but Allison Iraheta & Carly Smithson type rock girls would slay.

We don't have a female rock winner. Just saying... :/ 

Kelly Clarkson is kind of a female rock winner. Some of her earlier music she released had a bit of a rock side to it. Plus, if you watch The Kelly Clarkson Show, some of the songs she performs at the beginning are rock songs and she does them extremely well and effortlessly.

Edited by anticoronaperson
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

I want someone who has the ability to have star power and really have potential to succeed in the music business like: Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Tori Kelly, and Gabby Barrett.

Idol is no longer in the position to launch the big careers.  Tori Kelly never even made it through the voting rounds.  Gabby Barrett said it was really difficult to get sign after Idol.  She luck out with a great song.

11 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Yes he should mentor and we should have Dan+Shay and Meghan Trainor be mentors as well.

Scotty's had some chart success, but he has never morphed into a big Country star.  To be an effective mentor, you need to have a broad knowledge and appreciation of different music genres.  Scotty has never shown that.

12 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Idol is no longer in the position to launch the big careers.  Tori Kelly never even made it through the voting rounds.  Gabby Barrett said it was really difficult to get sign after Idol.  She luck out with a great song.

No she hasn't, but Tori Kelly still really succeeded in the music business regardless. Plus, there is a rumor that she was supposed to be in the Top 24 but didn't make it because she didn't want to sign a contract with Simon Cowell and if she did, then she would have had to agreed to work with him after American Idol.

Edited by anticoronaperson