Favorite/Least Favorite Team Kelly (S14-S19 as of now)

Misirlou

Favorite team Kelly has had.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite:

• S14
    • S15
    • S16
    • S17
    • S18
    • S19
  2. 2. Least Favorite:

• S14
    • S15
    • S16
    • S17
    • S18
    • S19

Fave is a toss up between 16 and 17 (love Hoot)

I did NOT like her team season 15 (Chevel was the only good one, and that blues singer should have been eliminated in the battles-I thought she was terrible.)

Mine will probably be unpopular

Her teams are usually really bad excluding S15 and S19. Voted for S19 because I like both contestants from her Top 2. As for worst, it’s S14, which is a big contender for my least favorite team ever. I didn’t like any of them, and strongly disliked Kaleb and Brynn during the live rounds. S16 was awful as well, but Rod was somewhat solid.

Edited by Daillon

I guess I'll end up being the only one to admit that I liked Kelly's season fourteen team.  Some sentimental value here, since that was her very first team, but I actually liked many of them -- Brynn (who won!), Justin, Molly, Dylan, Jackie F., D.R. (until Knockouts), Alexa, and Hannah (hate that she dropped out, and I still want to know the reason why).  She did throw away some good ones, though.  However, she still won, so whatever.

By far, her season seventeen team was the worst.  So many bad choices made with that team.  So many.  She got some solid artists, but then threw many of them away in the Battles (Brooke, Brennan, Steve, and Lauren) and the Knockouts (Melinda and Gracee), and kept some questionable members (Shane, Hello Sunday, and Damali).  She ended up with what had to be her weakest team ever heading into the Lives.  I can't even give her much credit for Jake winning.  He won despite her, not because of her.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

Her team in Season 15 was the BEST: Chevel, Kymberli, Sarah, Zaxai, Abby and Keith, plus Lynnea, all were strong contenders (Abby and Keith flopped in the playoffs, but i love their knockout performances, especially Abby's) 

Now, as i much as i hate to admit it, she had the worst team in Season 17. Shane was a mess, so were Hello Sunday; Damali had a great knockout performance, but that's it, overall, she was boring. And she ended losing one of her strongest contenders (Max) in the Top 12. Jake was her only hope of winning and fortunately for her, there were no other country singers to compete with him, so he basically secured his win after his Top 13 performance (He was actually pretty good tho).

• Like 1

I have to say S17 as the worst. I enjoyed the Hoot, Max was great as well but eliminated too early, but I couldn´t get pass Damali, HS or Shane Q. They are just not for me at all. In terms of votes however, it was her strongest team, with her weakest being S18, and she would have missed the finale had not been for the Top 5 format.

S19 has been her strongest team in terms of talent for me. Good steals and decisions in the lives.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Most Favorite = Season 19

When it comes to the live shows itself, I thought Desz and Cami were her two strongest contestants yet on her live shows team. They were completely different from each other (and both are really good) so it was very smart for Kelly to pick these two. However, in terms of pre-taped rounds, I gotta say, Season 15 is her best. Abby had a really SOLID KO performance with her own song, Chevel was seriously a threat from the start and had a solid KO too. Kymberli was that AA diva she wanted, she've got a pretty diverse strong singers.

Least Favorite = Season 17

As much as I hate to say it, she's got the WORST line-up on that season. Man, I did not even hate the most of them (only Shane Q 😉), but all had inconsistent performances, except Jake imo. Hello Sunday had really good performances but were really pitchy, Max is a favorite of mine too but his songs sometimes don't do him justice. 

Best - Season 15 - looking back I really like this four. Even Sarah and even Lynnea. And when they all did I Will Always Love You it was so pretty. All the battles were great and in the Playoffs every artist was so different. And she won.

Worst - Season 17 - I cannot. She had so many good people after the blinds, I understand that she wanted to go for the stories and more vote-grabbing ppl, but her team looked like a joke xD. And she won.

I also liked her teams in other seasons: in 14 she had Brynn and DR, in 18 I liked most of her battles, same for 19. 16 was weird, but I think the playoffs with no team quotas made her team dirty.

I'm surprised that there's not much hate here for her season 18 team, which was by far one of her weakest teams yet. There were no four-chair turns in her team that season and the vast majority of her artists that season were either one or two chair turns. There's a reason why the only artist to get stolen from her team in S18 was CammWess, who she had stolen from Team Legend in the first place. As much as I'm a fan of Micah and Megan, if The Voice hadn't use that stupid team quotas format, there was no way that Kelly would've gotten any of her artists into the finale. 🙄

• Like 1

Im not hating on her team in S18 because I liked it in general. She didn't have any frontrunner (I thought Megan had a chance to win before the lives crushed her dreams), but she had many ppl that I liked: Megan, Mandi T, Jules, Tayler, Gigi, Anaya, Samantha and sometimes Micah.