R.I.P. Nikki McKibbin, 9/28/1978 - 10/31/2020

Idol Maniac

On 1/31/2021 at 11:39 AM, sneaky said:

Honestly Kelly is very talented and I think she started out as a nice, funny person. However, she's a big brand and you dont get two big deals with a network like NBC with out having a little bit of ice and "idgaf" in your veins. 

I don’t disagree with this at all but I do find it very disappointing. I also wonder if she just feels awkward about it since they were no longer speaking.

On 1/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, anticoronaperson said:

Do you have a Mac computer? You might be able to try and take a screenshot of just the message and then you might be able post it up on here.

Tried taking a screenshot from my mac and it says the file is too big

But nobody needs to do anything.  Keep it real.  Not fake compassion - because of trying to be PC - or make up for guilt.

The irony is that when Nikki McKibbin was alive, I don't even remember the last time her name was brought up from "fans". 

She had gone through a lot of struggles in her life.  Maybe she could have used more compassion then.

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

The irony is that when Nikki McKibbin was alive, I don't even remember the last time her name was brought up from "fans". 

She had gone through a lot of struggles in her life.  Maybe she could have used more compassion then.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Edited by Bk1234

4 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But nobody needs to do anything.  Keep it real.  Not fake compassion - because of trying to be PC - or make up for guilt.

I don’t want fake compassion. I hoped Kelly would really feel something that’s what’s disappointing for me. I honestly had hoped they would make up before Nikki died but that never happened.

Nikki absolutely deserved more compassion and understanding when she was alive no disagreement there. She also deserved more success then she got as well 

9 hours ago, kamil24 said:

Well I do know that Kelly's dad wanted to see her on his deathbed to apologize, but she refused and he died. She is one to hold a grudge.

He had made the choice not to have a relationship and was only interested after Kelly became a star (i.e. had money).  He had plenty of opportunity to apologize - and he chose not to.

And let's keep it real about Nikki.  She was an addict who had abused cocaine and alcohol for years.   That is something that is very difficult to be around.

Edited by mytake1

3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

He had made the choice not to have a relationship and was only interested after Kelly became a star (i.e. had money).  He had plenty of opportunity to apologize - and he chose not to.

And let's keep it real about Nikki.  She was an addict who had abused cocaine and alcohol for years.   That is something that is very difficult to be around.

Yeah the details of Kelly’s relationship with her father are very public so I don’t think any of us needed this part explained to us.

We have kept it real about Nikki’s addiction in this thread so we definitely don’t need to be told to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Stormiya said:

Yeah the details of Kelly’s relationship with her father are very public so I don’t think any of us needed this part explained to us.

We have kept it real about Nikki’s addiction in this thread so we definitely don’t need to be told to do that. 

But Kelly has been made out to be this cold person who holds grudges - for 2 people who where TOXIC in her life.

Give me a break.

6 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But Kelly has been made out to be this cold person who holds grudges - for 2 people who where TOXIC in her life.

Give me a break.

We are allowed to have our opinions. I don’t think anyone was being rude or disrespectful. In fact I even said I didn’t blame her for cutting Nikki out of her life but I felt the silence about her death was a bit much.  You’re being way too sensitive

5 minutes ago, Stormiya said:

We are allowed to have our opinions. I don’t think anyone was being rude or disrespectful. In fact I even said I didn’t blame her for cutting Nikki out of her life but I felt the silence about her death was a bit much.  You’re being way too sensitive

And I am allowed my opinion - and not be told otherwise.

Obviously you are a huge fan of Nikki McKibbin and I think you expect everyone to react the same way about her death as you do. 

It doesn't work that way.  No one needs to do anything that they don't feel.  Why be fake about it.

Just now, mytake1 said:

And I am allowed my opinion - and not be told otherwise.

Obviously you are a huge fan of Nikki McKibbin and I think you expect everyone to react the same way about her death as you do. 

It doesn't work that way.  No one needs to do anything that they don't feel.  Why be fake about it.

I also don’t need to be told otherwise.

No I don’t expect everyone to react the same way as me. I wasn’t even the first person to bring up Kelly’s silence on the issue.

All I did was have an opinion about it and I expressed it and you got all upset about it and felt the need to tell me and the other people in this thread otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, Stormiya said:

I also don’t need to be told otherwise.

No I don’t expect everyone to react the same way as me. I wasn’t even the first person to bring up Kelly’s silence on the issue.

All I did was have an opinion about it and I expressed it and you got all upset about it and felt the need to tell me and the other people in this thread otherwise. 

😒😬🙄😦💤🥱👎

Please stay on topic. Everything was civil until people’s words were being twisted. 

At the end of the day someone lost their life and that’s the saddest thing about this. :( 

In the celebrity world it’s custom to make statement on someone’s passing if you knew them. Look at Dustin Diamond, most of his co-stars did not like him but they still posted their condolences.

To end, no one is saying Kelly is a cold person and @Stormiya did not express everyone fell the way she did. 

Maybe the ones who have kept silent will speak on it later like RJ. All I wish is for Nikki to finally be at peace. 💔

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Not every expression of grief has to be public, either.

For all we know, Kelly - who is still close to Justin, Tamyra and Jim Verraros from what I've seen - reached out privately to Nikki's family.

That’s true. To be honest, I doubt Kelly’s socials are even run by her so it would make sense for her to reach out privately.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 8:04 AM, 1234567890 said:

Kelly%20Clarkson%20finale.gif

I have always loved this moment!!! ❤️

They were close for awhile after the show and I know that Nikki attended the "From Justin to Kelly" premiere with Kelly. She said Kelly kept covering her face from embarrassment during the movie 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, Bk1234 said:

That’s true. To be honest, I doubt Kelly’s socials are even run by her so it would make sense for her to reach out privately.  

I'm sure Kelly has a social media manager as well, but I do know she does also post on her socials herself especially Twitter.

• Thanks 1