Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

On 2/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, 1234567890 said:

Galarian Darmanitan

110px-555Darmanitan-Galar.png

Galarian Darmanitan is a Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield. It’s an Ice type in this form instead of Fire. In Zen Mode, then it’s a dual Fire and Ice type. Classified as the Zen Charm Pokémon, Galarian Darmanitan is known to be a gentle Pokémon. While in Zen mode, Galarian Darmanitan stays as still as a statue as its mentally focused on its powers. However, it’s very strong. It’s not a Pokémon I’ve used in the game, but it seems interesting. Sorry to any fans for its elimination, but out it goes from the rankdown. No hard feeling hopefully. Thanks, @Steven_! ❤️

Save: Charizard

On 2/23/2021 at 12:36 PM, Steven_ said:

GALARIAN DARMANITAN

554_galar_160x160.gif?v=1585137572

Galarian Darmanitan is a Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield. It’s an Ice type in this form instead of Fire. In Zen Mode, then it’s a dual Fire and Ice type. Classified as the Zen Charm Pokémon, Galarian Darmanitan is known to be a gentle Pokémon. While in Zen mode, Galarian Darmanitan stays as still as a statue as its mentally focused on its powers. However, it’s very strong. It’s not a Pokémon I’ve used in the game, but it seems interesting. Sorry to any fans for its elimination, but out it goes from the rankdown. No hard feeling hopefully.

Save Chikoirta.

This finally got to be used. :dead: The only reason I'm cutting this Pokemon is because I am lazy and it requires no write-up.

Save: Krookodile

Quagsire

Markwjo quagsire pokemon GIF - Find on GIFER

We really are getting to the point where I like everyone that's left. Quagsire is so dopey that I kinda want to see them last longer, but I had to drag my bugs a little bit further and while I like Quagsire, I've never utilized them (something that I need to change soon?) so they are my choice for now. They are the evolved form of Wooper and are water and ground type Pokemon, which means they are only weak to grass types. Quagsire's got pretty decent stats (save for its low speed, but I can forgive it for that), with a slight edge in HP and Attack/Defense. One interesting note is that unlike every other Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Go, Quagsire does not have red eyes. They are obviously based on a giant salamander, and their English name is a combination of quagmire and either sire or Siren, which is a genus of salamander. Their Japanese name, Nuoh, combines numa (swamp, marsh, pond, lake) and either ō (king) or ōsanshōuo (Japanese giant salamander). Anyways, especially after seeing the gifs, I'm a little sad to see Quagsire go, but we're at the top 260 (or less?) so Quagsire has already outlasted nearly 700 others so a huge congrats to them!

Saving Mothim

ClumsySecondhandAbalone-small.gif

Turtwig

I took the opportunity to cut Turtwig so we RIGHTLY have CHIMCHAR superiority in Gen IV starters. Was Chimchar cut once and have to be revived? YES. Does that matter? NO. Unless people use their Max Revives to bring back both Piplup and Turtwig at the Pokeshop. Then I win because you have to use Poke$$$$$$$. I am also doing this so my boy GROOKEY gets to be in a higher ranking in the superiority rankings of grass starters. Now it only has to take down Bulbasaur, Treecko, and Rowlet. Grookey my boy we are so close. 

Anyway, Turtwig is the grass-type starter from Gen IV. It is based on a turtle. Eventually it will evolve into a grass/ground type whose name I forget but I'm not looking up because I'm so dehydrated and am going to spit so I can drink water again (for saliva-based COVID tests you cannot eat or drink within the past hour) (which always means I am thirstiest right before I spit). Anyway, it is good. I certainly like it better than some grass starters (TREECKO AND SNIVY I AM LOOKING AT YOU) but less than other (Grookey, Chikorita). Right in the middle.

Saving: Incineroar

• Like 1

Phantump

708Phantump.png

Let’s look at the facts:

- It’s a grass pokemon, so that’s strike #1

- It needs to be traded to evolve, we have strike #2 right there

- It has a poor stat distribution for both grass and ghost typing, so we have our final strike.

I never cared about any of the ghost lines introduced on gen VI except for Aegislash, so this is an easy cut for me. Plus I love Toxapex and would cut any of the remaining pokemon over it.

Save: Toxapex

• Sad 1