Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

On 12/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, .Rei said:

The game will be paused until January 3rd.

Please have the write-ups done by then.

@NGM:

- Butterfree

- Machamp

- Alakazam

- Shaymin

- Silicobra

- Cinccino

- Teddiursa

- Togekiss

- Whimsicott

@1234567890

- Tapu Fini

- Shuckle

- Larvitar

@Deeee

- Eiscue

- Morgrem

- Runerigus

- Sinistea

- Poipole

e0129c768f9d1e208036450549885930.gif

On 12/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, .Rei said:

The game will be paused until January 3rd.

Please have the write-ups done by then.

@NGM:

- Butterfree

- Machamp

- Alakazam

- Shaymin

- Silicobra

- Cinccino

- Teddiursa

- Togekiss

- Whimsicott

@1234567890

- Tapu Fini

- Shuckle

- Larvitar

@Deeee

- Eiscue

- Morgrem

- Runerigus

- Sinistea

- Poipole

also a reminder 😘

Butterfree

250px-012Butterfree.png
Only has Gen 1 appeal and anime nostalgia going for it, bc in-game this thing is abysmal. No stats are usable, its movepool isn't really deep enough to give it variety... This thing gets outclassed by Ledian, you know how bad you have to be to reach that low point? At best it could be used as a support/set-up pokemon but even then the stats don't back that up.

Machamp

250px-068Machamp.png
Part of my hate for like 90% of trade evolutions in existance. It had a brief moment in the spotlight competitively in Gen 2 when they fixed psychic types (and with the rise of Snorlax to king of the meta), but once Gen 3 came out, it got lost in the mix of so many better fighting pokemon. It's simply too slow to be a real contender for a really great fighting pokemon.

Alakazam
250px-065Alakazam.png
The definition of a glass cannon. This thing is pure speed and special attack, the rest all gets tossed to the side to just put every single EV into that. And it actually has the movepool to back that up (if anything Alakazam suffers from the contrary of so many pokemon: it has too many options and maybe having one extra moveslot would actually be the optimal thing here). They also gave it a mega bc "Gen 1 thingz" and to revive it in the meta since pure glass cannons were on their way out pre-Gen 6.

Shaymin
250px-492Shaymin-Land.png

Part of the generation that made mythicals/legendaries infamous for how common they were, Shaymin isn't the worst of them, but it's definitely bad. At least it's OG form is. Grass is just a terribly balanced typing (not really that effective offensively, not good at all defensively), so the sky form at least fixed some of that (plus can we stop making 100 all a stat distribution? be more original ffs). So about sky form, it's a solid wallbreaker when it lands, and the new stats make it more reliable for that, but you still have to deal with low accuracy and not the greatest typing, so yeah, it might be good, but there is definitely better out there.

Silicobra

250px-843Silicobra.png
This was thrown in as a replacement right? Bc I can't see myself remembering this existed to nominate it. Anyway, it's a ground type pokemon with solid defense and not much else, since it needs to evolve into Sandaconda to get the attack buff that makes it somewhat usable. But hey ground type with a good attack stat so spamming earthquake can always be an alternative.

Cinccino
250px-573Cinccino.png

Cute design, but it's just a tragic attempt at creating something of a pikaclone that keeps being terrible (reminder that only mimikyu has broken that curse so far). It has speed on its side, and not much else. You can run it as something of a glass cannon, but the attack isn't high enough to really make that a reality. It can reap some benefits of its technician and skill link abilities, so at least it has some strats that are actually usable.

Teddiursa
250px-216Teddiursa.png

This is trash with a cutesy design. Also it needs to evolve to make itself usable but even then only in trick room teams? And even then there are other better options for physical wallbreakers. It mostly has a good attack stat, mediocre everywhere else. IMO this is a great example of how to make an underwhelming normal type pokemon that won't really have that much time in the spotlight and it's bound to get forgotten as generation goes by.

Togekiss
250px-468Togekiss.png

This is an airplane that swallowed an egg and you can't convince me that it isn't. I hate this design so much. Beyond that, this is basically a wall-like pokemon that has access to reasonably good special attack options. Plus Serene Grace is always a nice ability to have when you have access to moves with secondary effects. Also the fairy type inclusion gave this a lot more variety and use.

Whimsicott
250px-547Whimsicott.png
Terrible. Well I really don't like pure support pokemon so yeah I don't like this at all. And it's f*cking part grass type how is this supposed to survive?? Literally the only thing that saved Whimsicott was the addition of fairy type (and having a really good speed stat) bc it would have died in oblivion if not for that. I normally would like a pokemon like this that can be support/annoying to opponents but it never did anything for me.

Edited by NGM

Before moving on I need the write-ups from Dee and Victoria's cuts to move forward, so the rest of the rankers are free to post any of them if they want.

@1234567890

- Tapu Fini

- Shuckle

- Larvitar

@Deeee

- Eiscue

- Morgrem

- Runerigus

- Sinistea

- Poipole

Edited by .Rei

Larvitar

Pokemon Larvitar GIF - Pokemon Larvitar Happy - Discover & Share GIFs

Larvitar is a ground and rock pokemon that was introduced in Generation 2.  Larvitar  is cute-ish.  But it has a terrible typing combination.  It retains that typing combination when it evolves into Pupitar at level 30.  It finally becomes good when it evolves into Tyranitar and gains the Dark type at level 55.  Its got about expected stats for a first evolution pokemon with a BST of 300.  Nothing special about it, and the rankers collectively cut it, so bye!

• Thanks 1

Shuckle

Shuckle Gif

Another Gen 2 pokemon that was axed during Victorias round.  This is a single evolution pokemon.  Single evolutions sare expected to have above average stats.  Shuck does with a BST of 505.  That said, it might be the single slowest pokemon in the game.  Its got huge defenses, and low everything else.  Its also weak to three typings, two of which are very common these days (Steel and Water).  Don't expect to get much use out of it on your team.

• Thanks 1