DWTS 29 Week 1 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Time for the sh*tshow to begin. Another season, more inevitable disappointment. Why have we not given up yet? :haha:

LMAOO it's like all my favorite reality shows where I love it too much to ever quit it no matter how disappointing or frustrating it gets. :dead: :lmao: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Time for the sh*tshow to begin. Another season, more inevitable disappointment. Why have we not given up yet? :haha:

look if I’m still watching Survivor and American Idol live in 2020, I can be a full masochist and suffer through DWTS too 

• Haha 1

Just now, Elliott said:

look if I’m still watching Survivor and American Idol live in 2020, I can be a full masochist and suffer through DWTS too 

And Big Brother too is the biggest example for those of us that watched it for years. THAT is definitely the most frustrating show. :ph34rwave:

• Like 1

Just now, *Wallace said:

And Big Brother too is the biggest example for those of us that watched it for years. THAT is definitely the most frustrating show. :ph34rwave:

Andrew and I experienced Danielle’s robbery for the first time a couple weeks back so I will also add that to the list for different reasons :/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My one nerve about tonight is how they're gonna find time for 15 couples. :dead: I know Strictly manages it, but they don't have ad breaks... I am ready for it to be kind of a mess. :haha:

Otherwise, super excited for the premiere! Sad to be without Tom and Erin but excited to see what Tyra brings, and looking forward to seeing what Derek is like as a judge.

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

My one nerve about tonight is how they're gonna find time for 15 couples. :dead: I know Strictly manages it, but they don't have ad breaks... I am ready for it to be kind of a mess. :haha:

I would assume they’ve done enough rehearsals and a dress rehearsal to fine tune their timing, but I also remember the Athletes season.

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Yeah, this worries me too. DWTS has never been good at time management. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Otherwise, super excited for the premiere! Sad to be without Tom and Erin but excited to see what Tyra brings, and looking forward to seeing what Derek is like as a judge.

This is what I'm wondering too. :dead: It takes Strictly about 2 and a half hours to get throuh 15 couples and with no commercial breaks. I would assume DWTS will.... have very short intro videos, very short dances (like 50-60 seconds) and maybe 2 judges speaking. Though they could make time to have all 3 judges speak. i think they would spend 5-6 minutes on each couple. It's gonna be messy but I hope they can get it right.

Agreed on all of this here too. :yes: 

• Like 1