DWTS 29 Week 1 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

On 9/15/2020 at 1:58 PM, FunkyFrankie said:

Maybe I'll watch a fun season for the 2nd time lol 

YAYYY you totally should. I look forward to your comments! ❤️ 

On 9/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, Deeee said:

Tyra at the end of the opening number has me dead. The way she has to make things about herself. :dead:

Oooh that's Tyra for you! :wub: 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, Elliott said:

Yeah. No shade to Britt because I like her, but I wish they’d start allowing same-sex couples. Gleb has randomly been one of the pros advocating for it. :haha:

Ahh yeah same. DWTS Ireland did two same sex pairings on its Switch-Up week (all male pair+all female pair). And Strictly is going to do a female/female pairing this year. So hopefully the US version catches up soon.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:58 PM, FunkyFrankie said:

Bruno has white hair now?! 😮 Whoa, where have I been with DWTS? lmao  I thought Bruno was Len :rofl:

This was a shock to me too. Apparently he's been having white hair for a few years but has always dyed it. But now he just wanted to go all natural.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, *Amanda said:

Carole’s dance has now surpassed 1 million views and is already nearing 2 million on YouTube. This has to be the quickest that has ever happened.

Lol dangggg... that is really fast. :dead: I also can't remember dances achieving nearly 2 million views on YT within a week. :omg: 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, *Lily said:

Week 1 dance rankings:

1. Justina & Sasha - Cha-Cha: She killed this for the first week! Full of energy and really fun choreography.

2. Skai & Alan - Tango: Really promising start. The song choice kinda distracted me but I think they worked with it great.

3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Cha-Cha: Definitely a natural mover, as to be expected! I really enjoyed this.

4. Jeannie & Brandon - Salsa: She really pleasantly surprised me. Her energy is infectious and I think they make a great pair!

5. Nev & Jenna - Foxtrot: The frame was distracting at times. But the solo moments were great. For only a few days training...great start!

6. Johnny & Britt - Cha-Cha: This was a really fun performance. I think this is a great pairing and Britt started off with super fun choreo.

7. Monica & Val - Foxtrot: She’s a gorgeous mover, from her career I’m sure she’s a perfectionist and it showed. I’m excited for her!

8. AJ & Cheryl - Jive: Solid start! That’s a tough, fast song to start with, and I really enjoyed Cheryl’s choreography.

9. Anne & Keo - Cha-Cha: A lovely surprise! I think at times she moved a little small and safe, but her commitment to the dance was really strong.

10. Nelly & Daniella - Salsa: SO much fun. He was having the time of his life! Definitely not the cleanest dance but he surpassed my expectations and I liked Daniella’s choreo.

11. Jesse & Sharna - Quickstep: I think he has great promise, I just felt like the expressions didn’t always match the dance and it got a little clunky at times. But a challenging dance to start with!

12. Vernon & Peta - Foxtrot: I think this maybe suffered a little by being so early in, I kinda forgot about it. I think at times it was a little stiff especially in his frame. But I‘m not ruling him out just yet!

13. Chrishell & Gleb - Tango: I don’t think the judges needed to come down as hard on this qs they did. Saying that, there’s definitely work to be done. I think nerves maybe got the best of her...and the song choice was off.

14. Charles & Emma - Salsa: He looked like he was having fun and that’s what matters.

15. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble: I think Pasha’s a really nurturing pro and she seemed to be enjoying herself.

Great review there, Lily! I agree with so much of what you said. :yes: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Wow. :omg:

Skai’s dance has passed 1 million views on YouTube as well. The fact that two dances reached this milestone already and it’s only Wednesday. :omg:

That is incredible. :wub: Gonna try to do my Youtube update posts soon.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, FunkyFrankie said:

He's getting old! 

He is. He's much older than he comes across, as he comes off so young. So that's good. :haha:

On 9/22/2020 at 2:14 AM, Ariel1989 said:

Maks reacting to and critiquing Week 1 dances: 

Oooh thank you for posting this.

48 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I thought I replied to this! :haha: Thanks Wally!

Ooh lmao I was so confused why I saw a reply I got from this thread. :lmao: But you're welcome!

• 1 month later...

I have always loved DWTS, and this season Tyra makes it nearly impossible to watch. This show is not about her and she needs to get over herself. I am sick of her needing to make the transitions to commercials, sexy. I sure hope she is not back next season.