Performances of the Night

QueenCami

Rose Short singing I Want To Know When Love Is. That performance was really special, and blew away everyone else from that night, imo. The fact that the producers had the nerve to put an already dominating Jake Hoot in the pimp spot with another extremely plain and boring song with his 3 consecutive streaming bonuses like it was no big deal was absolutely absurd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Rose Short singing I Want To Know When Love Is. That performance was really special, and blew away everyone else from that night, imo. The fact that the producers had the nerve to put an already dominating Jake Hoot in the pimp spot with another extremely plain and boring song with his 3 consecutive streaming bonuses like it was no big deal was absolutely absurd.

To give some minor points to Hoot, I will say that Desperado was probably his best live show performance outside of his finale duet with Kelly. That said, he didn't need the pimp spot, while having one of the contestants who were in the "middle three" of the instant save the next night be the pimp-spot performer could have given a push in their favor (especially Rose, since she basically ate Kat & HS alive with an Instant Save performance that shouldn't have had to happen in the first place). 

To answer the question on "Performance of the Night" (from Season 2 on) where these were either performances that still get buzz years later or performances that blew everyone else's out of the water on an underwhelming night:

• Juliet Simms and "Roxanne"
  • Amanda Brown and "Dream On"
  • Michelle Chamuel and "I Knew You Were Trouble"
  • Jacquie Lee and "I Put a Spell on You"
  • Matthew Schuler and "Hallelujah"
  • Tessanne Chin and "I Have Nothing"
  • Christina Grimmie "Hold On, We're Going Home"
  • Matt McAndrew and "Take Me to Church"
  • Kimberly Nichole and "House of the Rising Sun"
  • Jordan Smith and "Somebody to Love"
  • Alisan Porter and "Stone Cold"
  • Sundance Head and "No One"
  • Chris Blue and "Love on the Brain"
  • Lauren Duski and "Ghost in this House"
  • Chloe Kohanski and "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
  • Kyla Jade and literally anything that came out of her mouth and "This is Me"
  • Kymberli Joye and "Break Every Chain"
  • Kennedy Holmes and "Confident"
  • Maelyn Jarmon from "Fields of Gold onward and "Stay"
  • Katie Kadan and "Always Remember Us This Way"
  • Thunderstorm Artis and "Summertime"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

IDK if this is an unpopular opinion on IDF, but Desperado was actually a pretty good performance from Jake. I remember not being mad that he got into the finale after that ~even if he deserved 4th~

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

IDK if this is an unpopular opinion on IDF, but Desperado was actually a pretty good performance from Jake. I remember not being mad that he got into the finale after that ~even if he deserved 4th~

It’s not that it was “bad” or anything, but it was just... so plain. Just like everything else he did.

Not to mention that it was performed right after Rose, which just made it feel like a forgettable blur.

Maelyn during her whole run, but also to note.

X-Battles Round 1 - with average to mediocre performances this night, Maelyn came out swinging near the end of the show, to deliver a crystal clear and powerful vocal. This dug her heels into a frontrunner status of the competition. 

Top 13 - With really only Mari and Rod giving good performances and everyone else being garbage, Maelyn closed the show with an emotional and cutthroat performance. This set her up for the finale.

Finale - The 3 country snoozes with average songs and terrible pitch problems were a torture to sit through. But Maelyn delivers a bop original with a relatable lyric and still slays the notes left and right, giving off a classic duet with John and showing how amazing her jazzy tone is was fantastic. Finishing the finale off with an iconic song, and literally stamping her win, with the subtle and precise control within every note, was the ticket to that trophy 100%

Finale Results - lmao, this is just for fun, but she really outsold everyone with Sarah Mclaughlin. Pure angelic and makes you pass out to the magic. 

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

I included live performances only

Its A Man's Man's Man's World _ Juliet Simms

Dream On _ Amanda Brown

Cry _ Cassade Pope

* Born To Fly _ Danielle Bradbery

Many Rivers To Cross / Bridge Over Troubled Water _ Tessanne Chin

IPASOY _ Jaquie Lee

Stay With Me _ Josh Kaufman

Heaven _ Jake Worthington

The Blower's Daughter _ Matt McAndrew

* Amazing Grace _ Meagan Linsey

Old Man _ Sawyer Fredericks

Somebody To Love / Halo _ Jordan Smith

I Drive Your Truck / I'd Love To Lay You Down _ Barret Baber

Cry Baby _ Alison Porter

Make It Rain _ Laith Al Saadi

I Surrender / Crying _ Billy Gilman

* Total Eclipse Of The Heart _ Chloe Kohanski

* One Night Only _ Kyla Jade

Confident _ Kennedy Holmes

The Scientist _ Maelyn Jarmon

Always Remember Us This Way _ Katie Kadan

My Body _ Will Breman

Desperado _ Jake Hoot

Glory Of Love _ Todd Tilgman

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Although I think others deserved finale over him, he did put up a pretty good performance in Desperado. Although it wasn't as good as even Rose's worst performance imo (just personal taste in the end ig), it was by far his best performance (his second best being his KO probably)

Max Boyle “When The Party’s Over + Katie Kadan “Piece of My Heart” was the best knockout pairing of S17

Damali’s Sober performance was also really good, best of the night

In a really pitchy cross battle night, Maelyn and Rod’s performance was the only one which were actually good. They both consistently have great performances, and I loved their duet in the Semifinals

Kymberli Joy “Break Every Chain” and “Diamonds”
Kimberli Nichole “House of the Rising Sun”

Chevel Shepard “Travelin’ Solidier”