Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I can't believe nobody commented on me using this to represent his newest single. :giggle: 

anigif_enhanced-9011-1440441619-4.gify

:wub: 

LMAO I meant to comment but I forgot. 

LMAO I was wondering why you used that gif there. :dead: Well I know the Party for Two song has no gifs but still... that cracked me up. :lmao: 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Not Wally putting the two songs I advanced straight to the finals in the bottom four of his ranking. 😭 😭 

Oooh gosh I did? Well I know I did with TYST. But I forgot the other one you advanced - but I take it that it was WCGA. I apologize though.

24 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Oxygen! :omg: Not Wally wanting more from these songs that own my heart. :broken: 

😢 😢 😢  

Yes, I know how songs can take years to grow on you. :broken:  Not you ranking so many of my favorites low only because you didn't have years to do the final ranking. :shock: 

I noticed it right away on my own. 😭 

hmm-thinking.gif

Awwww nooooo, I'm so sorry there. 🙈 I was just wanting more build up and vocal range in those songs, but I understand and know not every song needs that. :haha: 

omggg the years comment. :dead: It doesn't always take "years" per se but it can take days/months/weeks (or years) depending on what the song is.

Ooops. 🙈 I was hoping you wouldn't..... though I knew you would.

FINAL STANDINGS PART THREE

15. Better With You (2018, written by Jesse McCartney + Brandyn Burnette + Molly Moore)

Tour: The Resolution Tour

98c340c137bc13338b44defb640eb363.600x600

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 17

Wallace: 20

Steven: 13

Derek: 8

Priscilla: 16

Denise: 18

Victoria: 18

JC: 1

Final Average = 13.88

COMMENTS

On 10/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, *Wallace said:

I know this is one of Jesse's newer songs on this list. I feel this is a song I've heard a few times from Denise and Steven, but it's not a song I entirely remember that well. Jesse does sound good and cool on this track. It's a chill, cool,but kinda catchy track. I do like those "But I know, I'm better with you" parts. Those parts really stick with me on this song. The chorus does remind me a lot of Selena Gomez's "Back to You." Cool song.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, miss denise said:

tumblr_p60hn0f6P51qc4hfoo1_500.gifv 

This song feels a bit like a throwback to Jesse's older music for me and that makes me want to cry!!! I love the laid-back approach with the acoustic type arrangement and his sweet, sweet vocals. 😭  The music video is also so adorable and a favorite of mine. My favorite part of this whole song is when he goes, "I was a wreck when you came along, when there was nothing left, you showed me the best. I'm still a mess but you hold on" wub.gif bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 His little falsetto notes! And all of it! The verses truly hold my heart. I really wish he sang more on the chorus, but I've gotten used to it over time. It would still only be better with his voice though!! But oh well.  His ad-libs over the music at the very end also get me. wub.gif 

On 10/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, JC said:

oh yay i love a jesse ballad, this is just the type of song I love, this is gorge and i could listen to it all day, did not expect this to end up on top and surprised how much i love it as i listen to it, so surprise winner of my list, beat out all the obvious choices! :giggle:

14. Told You So (2008, prod. by Eric Hudson, written by Jesse McCartney + Eric Hudson + Claude Kelly + Frankie Storm)

Album: Departure

Jesse_McCartney_-_Departure_(Jesse_McCar

US Billboard Hot 200: #14 (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_(Jesse_McCartney_album)

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 20

Wallace: 18

Steven: 9

Derek: 12

Priscilla: 9

Denise: 9

Victoria: 6

JC: 25

Final Average = 19.50

COMMENTS

I really like how Jesse went in a more R&B approach for his Departure album. This reminds me of a lot of the mid to late 2000s R&B music that was out of the time of the release of this album. This is a very cool and smooth song. I like his voice on this track. And how it has a smooth groove to it. I like the big note he hit at the end of the bridge.

This is definitely one of my Departure favorites and favorite overall album tracks. :wub:  It has this airy kind of sad feeling about it, but it's so cool. His vocals at the end are my favorite. 😢  The song builds up so much throughout,  his voice really shines so much, and you can hear all the passion in his voice. :broken:  He's so underrated! I'm so happy this song made the finals! I wouldn't have expected it but wow, it's so deserving. :wub: 

this is cute, don't remember it but i would listen to it

13. Get Your Shine On (2004, prod. by The Matthew Gerrard, written by Matthew Gerrard + Robbie Nevil + Jesse McCartney)

Album: Beautiful Soul

Jessemccartney_getyourshineon.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Your_Shine_On_(Jesse_McCartney_song)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 5

Wallace: 16

Steven: 17

Derek: 1

Priscilla: 18

Denise: 16

Victoria: 13

JC: 21

Final Average = 13.38

COMMENTS

I feel like this is one of those Jesse songs that Denise shared with me YEARS ago. I also think there was a music video to this song that played on the Disney Channel back then too? Anyway, this is a fun uplifting upbeat poppy song. I like the sound of it and how fun it is. The "get your, get your shine on" parts are definitely catchy.

BasicGiganticLamb-max-1mb.gif

This is such a bop! Not only is it the boppiest song on the debut album, but it remains one of his boppiest songs ever and always will. :bobo: The melody is infectious and gets me every time! Not to mention, his VOICE... especially on those verses. :omg:  I'm dying. I especially am obsessed with the second verse... like when he goes, "What you doin' up against the wall? You know you want to dance or you wouldn't be here at all, Everybody's got it goin' on and on and on It's on tonight, yeah! Show a little, you know I like it when you, everybody wanna... " :omg:  And the chorus is so catchy!  AND THE BRIDGE. :shock:  I'm shook over it all and will never stop jamming... in a shook way. :dead: :bobo: 

don't remember this one as well but love it, so catchy

12. Shake (2010, prod. by Ammo, written by Jesse McCartney + Ammo + Jacob Kasher Hindlin)

Unreleased Album: Have It All

Jesse_McCartney_-_Shake.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #54 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #17 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_(Jesse_McCartney_song)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 11

Wallace: 7

Steven: 21

Derek: 17

Priscilla: 5

Denise: 20

Victoria: 9

JC: 14

Final Average = 13.00

COMMENTS

oh snap this boy is getting suave, and damn i just realized he's probably my age and i grew up with him since summerland :giggle:omg just looked it up and we're basically twins lolol :wub:

"Shake" is such a fun and catchy jam, and I am so glad I was able to advance this through to the finals. I think this song was supposed to be a lead single of an album that got scrapped - which I know really ticked Denise off. Ugh that is sad, but at least we were able to get this song. I do love the smooth hip-hop feel,of this song. Jesse does sing and sell this song with a lot of swag. I do love the chorus and find it catchy. I especially love those parts where he repeats himself a couple times (and that happens in the verses too). :bobo:

d5703o3-47c0cc6c-db19-498a-96a5-101ee5bf

This is a jam... and one I forget just how jammy it is until I listen to it again. :omg: :bobo:  The beat is so hot. :bobo:  This is also a song that I might love even more live. It's just such a fun time! I can't decide if I love the verses or choruses more? I love when that happens. It's just all so addicting and catchy! We just have to shake to the whole thing! ohyeah.gif

11. How Do You Sleep? (2008, feat. Ludacris, prod. by Sean Garrett + Clubba Langg, written by Sean Garrett + Clubba Langg)

Album: Departure: Recharged

How_Do_You_Sleep.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #26 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #7 (Single)

US Billboard Adult Top 40: #30 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (2009): #86 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Charts (2009): #38 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Do_You_Sleep%3F_(Jesse_McCartney_song)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 12

Wallace: 2

Steven: 14

Derek: 21

Priscilla: 6

Denise: 19

Victoria: 4

JC: 16

Final Average = 13.00

COMMENTS

catchy and groovy, love dancing to it

I really love "How Do You Sleep?" from Jesse and I am glad that I was able to advance this song straight through the finals. This song is a jam! I love the vibe and the beat of it, and just the overall feel of it. I like how Jesse sings the verses and like how the beat changes up, like in a faster way. He also sings some of the verses fast too. But he sings that part in a cool way. Then the chorus is a lot of fun and super catchy. :bobo: You could even call it an ear worm. :giggle: From the second verse, I do love how he sings the "But I miss the conversation too" a and "Til I come see yoooouuuuuu" parts! Then my boy Luda comes in and kills it on his rap verse. I love his part and what he brings to the song. I especially love it when he starts rapping a little faster halfway through his verse. I also really like all of the vocal ald libs he does towards the end. But yeah, I do love this song from Jesse and am hoping it ranks well here.

tumblr_m11ggxXVFS1qdzg2co1_r3_500.gifv 

I think this was one of my early favorites when Departure came out and it still is a favorite.  I really love the cool feel of this song that I can't describe because I never can. :bobo: Although, the original album has the solo version without Ludacris in it, which I tend to prefer. :blushingwave: However, it's cool he got to be on the song with Jesse and I still love it either way. The chorus has this sing-a-long element to it that is so infectious. You just have to shout it. IT'S BEEN ABOUT A YEAR NOW! AIN'T SEEN OR HEARD FROM YOU! I BEEN MISSIN' YOU CRAZY! HOW DO YOU HOW DO YOU SLEEP. (!) But really, those are rather sad lyrics... and we shout them so happily. :( 

Edited by Deeee

TOP TEN

STUDIO ALBUMS

BEAUTIFUL SOUL

She's No You
Beautiful Soul
Because You Live

RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT ME

Right Where You Want Me
Just So You Know

DEPARTURE

Leavin'
It's Over
Bleeding Love

IN TECHNICOLOR

Back Together
Punch Drunk Recreation

• Like 2

Oh wow, wasn't expecting "Better With You" to be JC's #1. And from his comments, looks like he wasn't expecting that either. :haha:

"Told You So" average score seems wrong there, @Deeee. Maybe it's a 13.5 rather than 18.5? Interesting seeing so many #9s for this song. 😮

Denise & I put the same song aka "Get Your Shine On" at the same spot at #16. Shockingg. 😮  Oooh I also wasn't expecting this to be Derek's #1 song here either. But then again, I don't have any expectations here. :lmao:

OMG JC out here actually revealing his truthful and honest age on the "Shake" comments. About dang time. 😘 Pleased for "Shake" making it to 12th, as I was expecting it to come up sooner. LMAOO Loving Denise's comments a lot here. :haha:

Oooh dangg.... I knew my luck was bound to run out. Darn I'm bummed that "How Do You Sleep?" missed out making the Top 10. :broken: But yeah I THINK I had my whole Top 8 remaining at this whole Top 12.... so I was getting wayyy too lucky here. :dead: But that's okay, still love this and glad it's made it here all the way to #11. lol Denise is right that we do shout out these sad lyrics so happily here. It's odd, lol. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

TOP TEN

STUDIO ALBUMS

BEAUTIFUL SOUL

She's No You
Beautiful Soul
Because You Live

RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT ME

Right Where You Want Me
Just So You Know

DEPARTURE

Leavin'
It's Over
Bleeding Love

IN TECHNICOLOR

Back Together
Punch Drunk Recreation

Pretty solid Top 10 here.

I think I have my #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17 and 19 remaining. Sooo at least 6 out of 10 are in my Top 10. :haha: 

I figured "Told You So" would show up soon. That's one of my favorite album tracks of Jesse's, and I'm glad it just managed to make it to this final group of songs.

I really like this Top 10. :yes: Here's what I have left:

5 hours ago, *Wallace said:

LMAO I meant to comment but I forgot. 

LMAO I was wondering why you used that gif there. :dead: Well I know the Party for Two song has no gifs but still... that cracked me up. :lmao: 

:dead:  I said why! Yesss.... since there wasn't one for his newest song and video, I went the opposite direction. :giggle: 

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh gosh I did? Well I know I did with TYST. But I forgot the other one you advanced - but I take it that it was WCGA. I apologize though.

Awwww nooooo, I'm so sorry there. 🙈 I was just wanting more build up and vocal range in those songs, but I understand and know not every song needs that. :haha: 

omggg the years comment. :dead: It doesn't always take "years" per se but it can take days/months/weeks (or years) depending on what the song is.

Ooops. 🙈 I was hoping you wouldn't..... though I knew you would.

Yes. 😢 I'm crying but awwww Wally. You don't really have to apologize. :(  I love you anyway! Thanks though. :hug: 

😢  

I was thinking of a specific song that did take years. :giggle: But yeah, I just meant awhile. I like to think that would at least happen with these ones. 

Of course I'd notice. 😢 

RANKINGS

Wallace: 16

Denise: 16.

@*Wallace ❤️❤️ 

@*Wallace

I feel like this is one of those Jesse songs that Denise shared with me YEARS ago. I also think there was a music video to this song that played on the Disney Channel back then too? 

"Shake" is such a fun and catchy jam, and I am so glad I was able to advance this through to the finals. I think this song was supposed to be a lead single of an album that got scrapped - which I know really ticked Denise off. Ugh that is sad, but at least we were able to get this song. 

Yessss to all of this. :wub:  

Ugh yes... so awful. :/ Thankfully the album leaked so we still have it, but it wasn't eligible for the rankdown... and obviously didn't get the recognition it should have since it wasn't released.  :( 

4 hours ago, Deeee said:

TOP TEN

STUDIO ALBUMS

BEAUTIFUL SOUL

She's No You
Beautiful Soul
Because You Live

RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT ME

Right Where You Want Me
Just So You Know

DEPARTURE

Leavin'
It's Over
Bleeding Love

IN TECHNICOLOR

Back Together
Punch Drunk Recreation

Wow. :wub: 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

LMAOO Loving Denise's comments a lot here. :haha:

Oooh dangg.... I knew my luck was bound to run out. Darn I'm bummed that "How Do You Sleep?" missed out making the Top 10. :broken: But yeah I THINK I had my whole Top 8 remaining at this whole Top 12.... so I was getting wayyy too lucky here. :dead: But that's okay, still love this and glad it's made it here all the way to #11. lol Denise is right that we do shout out these sad lyrics so happily here. It's odd, lol. :haha: 

😛 

Not fair. I was doing much worse. 😢 

7 minutes ago, miss denise said:

:dead:  I said why! Yesss.... since there wasn't one for his newest song and video, I went the opposite direction. :giggle: 

Yes. 😢 I'm crying but awwww Wally. You don't really have to apologize. :(  I love you anyway! Thanks though. :hug: 

😢  

I was thinking of a specific song that did take years. :giggle: But yeah, I just meant awhile. I like to think that would at least happen with these ones. 

Of course I'd notice. 😢 

Oooh I know you did.... but still it cracked me up. :lmao: 

Awwww. :hug: Ah thanks for saying I don't have to apologize. I do feel bad.... but I did rank how I feel (at the time), so it was tricky there. :blushingwave: But that's how rankings goes in these games.

Ooooh lmao you were? There's one I can think of but not sure if it's that same song. :lmao: But there could be a few lol. Ahhh it could.

Awww I knew you would. :blushingwave: 

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh I know you did.... but still it cracked me up. :lmao: 

Awwww. :hug: Ah thanks for saying I don't have to apologize. I do feel bad.... but I did rank how I feel (at the time), so it was tricky there. :blushingwave: But that's how rankings goes in these games.

Ooooh lmao you were? There's one I can think of but not sure if it's that same song. :lmao: But there could be a few lol. Ahhh it could.

Awww I knew you would. :blushingwave: 

That's what I wanted. :lmao: :wub: 

Aww because I know you just did your ranking and didn't think about my feelings. :(  (I don't mean it the way it sounds :dead: but you know what I'm saying). It still hurts my heart. :broken: But yeah. 

It's probably the same. :giggle: 

😢 

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

That's what I wanted. :lmao: :wub: 

Aww because I know you just did your ranking and didn't think about my feelings. :(  (I don't mean it the way it sounds :dead: but you know what I'm saying). It still hurts my heart. :broken: But yeah. 

It's probably the same. :giggle: 

😢 

Loving it. :haha: 

OMGGG the way you worded this sounds so harsh on my end. :dead: But yeah, at least you get what I was doing with my rankings at least. But you also love all of the songs on here, so me ranking any of them low would have hurt - although some more than others, I know.  

Possibly. 😮 

:hug: 

Looking at the Stagecoach lineup makes me want to make a trip to Socal. 

Friday, April 29: Thomas Rhett, Maren Morris, Midland, Brandi Carlile, Jordan Davis, Tanya Tucker, The Marcus King Band, Ryan Hurd, Ingrid Andress, Neal McCoy, Breland, Charley Crockett, Amythyst Kiah, Ryan Griffin, The Cactus Blossoms, Walker County, Turbo.

Saturday, April 30: Carrie Underwood, Brothers Osborne, Lee Brice, Cody Jinks, Mitchell Tenpenny, Margo Price, Jimmie Allen, Colter Wall, Travis Denning, Shenandoah, Orville Peck, Caylee Hammack, Molly Tuttle, Shy Carter, Reyna Roberts, Laci Kaye Booth, Ian Noe.

Sunday, May 1: Luke Combs, The Black Crowes, Cody Johnson, Smokey Robinson, Locash, The Mavericks, Yola, Lindsay Ell, Rhiannon Giddens, Hailey Whitters, Lainey Wilson, Hayes Carll, Waylon Payne, Flatland Cavalry, Callista Clark, Jesse Labelle.