Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART ONE

25. Party For Two (2021, prod. by Andy Seltzer, written by Jesse McCartney + Andy Seltzer)

Album: New Stage

ab67616d0000b27345431c7ca0a1e2b1d909e4bc

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 16

Wallace: 25

Steven: 25

Derek: 13

Priscilla: 25

Denise: 14

Victoria: 24

JC: 23

Final Average = 20.63

COMMENTS

On 10/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, JC said:

very unique to jesse, but i like it

On 10/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, *Wallace said:

One of Jesse's newer songs on this final 25 list here. 😮 This song has a really chill, cool, romantic sound to it. This is another song that reminds me of something but I can think of what right now. Ugh. :haha: Overall. It's not doing a lot for me but maybe with some more listens, it can grow on me. I do like how he builds it up a bit, as it progresses.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, miss denise said:

anigif_enhanced-9011-1440441619-4.gif

Since I rudely ( (!) ) couldn't find a gif from this music video, I am instead using one from Dream Street. :dead:  I have no regrets! That's what you get. Anyway, this is Jesse's latest single and my favorite one in a long time. ❤️  That's not to say I don't love his other recent singles, but just that I love this one even MORE. :heartbounce:  I was instantly obsessed with it the second I heard it and I'm so glad it was able to advance to the finals, as I feared his new music from this year being overlooked. This is such a cute and sweet song with an infectious melody that is so pleasing to my ears. :wub:  "Dancing in the kitchen, bare feet on the table Show me all your favorite moves" That is my favorite part, especially when he takes it up a notch near the end! :bobo: But the whole song has such a carefree, feel good energy to it that I can't get enough of. It's so pure and sweet. 😢  

24. The Stupid Things (2004, prod. by Matthew Gerrard, written by Robin Thicke)

Album: Beautiful Soul

Beautiful_Soul.jpg

US Billboard Hot 200: #15 (Album)

RIAA Album Certification: Platinum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Soul_(Jesse_McCartney_album)

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 18

Wallace: 14

Steven: 18

Derek: 25

Priscilla: 21

Denise: 17

Victoria: 21

JC: 22

Final Average = 19.50

COMMENTS

a darker side of Jesse, but not very dark, cute

Ooh this is a really good song from Jesse. It has more of a mature sound here for his first album. I like the vulnerability and emotion he pours into this song, and how he sings it here. There's also a lot of drama in this song too. Nice verses and chorus here! And the bridge was really good. Although the line of him singing "I'd like to have my cake and eat it too" does crack me up. :haha: I'm glad that Victoria was able to push this through with Denise's suggestions to get this here. Ooh and last random note, I didn't know this was a cover of a Robin Thicke song, but cool to learn that now. :haha:

This song is technically a Robin Thicke cover, but I only know it as Jesse's song. I know he loves this song a lot and so do I. It has such a cool, almost dark, vibe that is unlike any of his other songs. The melody + that piano is sooo good... and his vocals are so rich. :omg:  :wub: I love everything about this. The build-up into the chorus is so good. Also, the last time I saw him in concert, this was his serenade song! What a throwback that I LIVED for except that I wasn't the girl on stage. :/ 

23. In Technicolor, Pt. II (2014, prod. by The Elev3n, written by Jesse McCartney + James G. Morales + Matt Morales + David Rodriguez + David Quinones + Shane Stevens)

Album: In Technicolor

Jesse_McCartney's_4th_album,_In_Technico

US Billboard Hot 200: #35 (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Technicolor

RANKINGS

Gigi: 25

Wallace: 22

Steven: 16

Derek: 3

Priscilla: 14

Denise: 25

Victoria: 20

JC: 20

Final Average = 18.13

COMMENTS

love this, gives me a great groovy vibe

This song has a pretty cool sound to it. I like the sound and vibe of it, and he sounds cool on it. Although the part where it slows down on the "in technicolor" parts are a little strange to me. But I do really like the verses a lot, and think I prefer that over the chorus. I do like those "I don't wanna be without you" parts here.

This isn't a song I've listened to as much as the others represented here, but I do think it's cool to have it on here.  The song really showcases the album well and not just because it has the same title. giggle.gif I much prefer the verses on this compared to the chorus (even though I still love it, of course!) But parts like "Give me red, give me red, give me romance. You change my color, baby, every time you give me that." are YESSSSSS! wub.gif  :w00tbounce: And of course, hear that falsetto on the end of this line: "'Cause with you the spectrum's never been so clear" I am always here for that!  :clap: I love the vibe of this song and his vocals, as always.

22. Invincible (2006, prod. by Dory Lobel + Kara DioGuardi, written by Jesse McCartney + Dory Lobel + Kara DioGuardi)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

Jesse_McCartney_Right_where_you_want_me_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Where_You_Want_Me_(album)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 22

Wallace: 9

Steven: 19

Derek: 24

Priscilla: 24

Denise: 7

Victoria: 25

JC: 6

Final Average = 17.00

COMMENTS

another gorgeous ballad, i just love these kind of songs from Jesse, it gives me all the feels

Ooh this is one of those album tracks I always remember. This is such a powerful and emotional song from Jesse. I like how soft and delicate the verse starts off, and then it builds up gradually and nicely from the pre-chorus and the chorus! The bridge is also really great and powerful as well. I don't really know what the song is about but I'm sure it has a touching and sad backstory that Denise will explain well. This is very powerful, and also probably one of his best vocal performances in a song too.

This is one of Jesse's best songs and one everyone should know. 😢 It tells the real story of a friend of his who was killed due to drunk driving. :broken:  This is such a horrible, yet real, thing many people sadly experience. The lyrics are so real, raw and emotional, as you'd expect. It's such a sad and powerful song with an important message.  The pre-chorus parts are some of my favorites.... but heartbreaking. "Your family was waiting and crying for three damn hours" and "Doctors were trying to save you for three damn hours" 😢  The bridge is probably the most significant to me with lyrics like "Who ever said that life was fair, when you live without a care, when you're invincible" and "Who thinks about leaving when you're livin'" :( It's so true though. The ending is so beautifully quiet and sad. Ugh. This can be hard to listen to but it's so meaningful.

21. Not Your Enemy (2008, prod. by Eric Hudson, written by Jesse McCartney + Eric Hudson + Claude Kelly)

Album: Departure

Jesse_McCartney_-_Departure_(Jesse_McCar

US Billboard Hot 200: #14 (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_(Jesse_McCartney_album)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 23

Wallace: 10

Steven: 23

Derek: 18

Priscilla: 17

Denise: 22

Victoria: 12

JC: 10

Final Average = 16.88

COMMENTS

i like this, i could see it in a musical like in Frozen or something, love his singing and the vibe of this

I was stuck between "Not Your Enemy" and "SuperBad" as my last pick to advance through to the finals, but with "Superbad" being cut, that made the decisions n much easier to advance this through. I do have fond memories of this song, as I listened to several songs of Jesse's and chose this for David Archuleta on Denise's The INCREDIBLE Idol redux game, and this song has kinda suck with me since. Not that I replayed it constantly (like maybe I should have), but it's always stuck out to me as amongst my favorite non-singles tracks from Jesse.

This is a real beautiful and moving song from Jesse. It has this intense dramatic and theatrical feel to it, but it does really grab me whenever I listen to it. Jesse tells and sells such a strong story here. I like all of the verses and especially really like the chorus. I love the part where he sings: "What will it take for me to make you see...... I'm not your enemy." The bridge builds on the drama and is another real powerful part of the song. I like all of the vocal range he showcases through the song. A great song from Jesse, and hope others enjoy this as much.

This song has an epic kind of melody with the music, and Jesse's vocals and emotion only make it even better. Jesse does beautiful and emotional songs like this so well and not enough people know it! Maybe some people do now after him being THE TURTLE and all, but.... still. He deserves even more credit. I love the power and emotion in this. It's so strong. ❤️  And never forget how Wally chose this song for David Archuleta in my redux, so I got a double dose of two of my favorite singers. ❤️ 

Fine with "Party for Two" placement.... sorry to Denise for ranking it last. 🙈

Aww darn I do wish "The Stupid Things" ranked higher. Didn't expect to be the highest ranker of it.

Oh wow so interesting Denise commented on preferring the verses over the chorus on "In Technicolor, Pt. II." Funny how that happens. :haha:

But then omg.... not my favorite album tracks of "Invincible" and "Not Your Enemy" showing up on the first set. :dead: I wasn't expecting NYE to place too high but Yay JC putting this in his Top 10! Glad Denise mentioned the David Archuleta/Incredible Idol redux mention there. :haha: But I'm really surprised that Invincible showed up this soon, as I thought that would have fared better. 😮 Wonderful write-up from Denise on it.

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

wait just a minute how is beautiful soul not in the final rankings????

Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Because it is in there. :dead: :haha: 

56 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

But I do think that Party For Two is going to age well, and it would have ranked higher if people were more familiar 

I think you could be right on that. It's one of those that needs time to grow on me.

• Haha 1

Poor Party for Two getting the short end of the stick. 😢 I know it's brand new, so I guess I'll allow it (but also not). :broken:  The Stupid Things almost at the bottom is painful... although I didn't rank it super high among all the rest.... but I'm sad it's not at least top 20.  I didn't remember ranking Not Your Enemy so low and boo me but also, I just love the songs all too much to do much about it. 😢  Wow Derek's ranking of In Technicolor Part II. :shock: 

I'm all around sad, but Invincible ranking so low is an absolute travesty. 😭 It will always stand out to me as his most meaningful songs, with such an important message about not driving drunk. 😢

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Fine with "Party for Two" placement.... sorry to Denise for ranking it last. 🙈

Aww darn I do wish "The Stupid Things" ranked higher. Didn't expect to be the highest ranker of it.

Oh wow so interesting Denise commented on preferring the verses over the chorus on "In Technicolor, Pt. II." Funny how that happens. :haha:

But then omg.... not my favorite album tracks of "Invincible" and "Not Your Enemy" showing up on the first set. :dead: I wasn't expecting NYE to place too high but Yay JC putting this in his Top 10! Glad Denise mentioned the David Archuleta/Incredible Idol redux mention there. :haha: But I'm really surprised that Invincible showed up this soon, as I thought that would have fared better. 😮 Wonderful write-up from Denise on it.

😢  x 2

Yay us for that!

Nooooo. :( Of course I had to mention that too! Invincible deserved so much better... I can't go on. :broken: 👽 But thanks. 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I think you could be right on that. It's one of those that needs time to grow on me.

I thought you'd like it more. 😢 

54 minutes ago, miss denise said:

😢  x 2

Yay us for that!

Nooooo. :( Of course I had to mention that too! Invincible deserved so much better... I can't go on. :broken: 👽 But thanks. 

I thought you'd like it more. 😢 

:hug: 

Aww I am glad you did. Thanks! 😄 Awwww sorry regarding Invincible. You can be happy I helped it out with a high ranking. 😘 Saying this now before you get mad me at on my future rankings. :dead: 

Aww I'm sorry. :( It could have been that ~one time listen thing~ where I wasn't crazy about it while playing it. Maybe if I were to re-listen to it again, it might hit me that I really like it or something? Cause that can randomly happen to me sometimes. :haha: 

FINAL STANDINGS PART TWO

20. Oxygen (2009, prod. by Eric Hudson, written by Eric Hudson + Claude Kelly + Jesse McCartney)

Album: Departure: Recharged

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 3

Wallace: 24

Steven: 24

Derek: 22

Priscilla: 15

Denise: 8

Victoria: 10

JC: 24

Final Average = 16.25

COMMENTS

interesting new vibe in this album, i prefer his older vibe, but still fun to dance to

WHY WEREN'T YOU A SINGLE? :( This song is a gift from falsetto heaven. Goodness me. :omg:  The chorus takes things to new heights and I'm so obsessed... and also, this is another serenade song from Jesse's tour and I just can't have it unless I'm that girl. 😭 Not fair. Regardless, this song is still everything! His vocals. THAT BRIDGE. WAT. I'm done. :omg:  That is my absolute favorite. "One second without you know that I'd die for sure. I'm  depending on you I can't do this on my ownnnn" omg.gif "Everything else I can do without I hope you know. You are my oxygen without you I couldn't live" OMG. omg.gif And then that "Oh who oh who oh who u huh" or whatever it is part (that's how the lyrics online write it :giggle: ) It's so addicting and gets me right in the ears and feels!

This is a pretty cool and mature sounding song from Jesse. I like how cool and slick his vocals are here. The song is kinda ~too lowkey and I would have liked some more dynamics here. But it could also probably need a few more listens to grow some more on me. But I do enjoy the sound of this, and his falsetto notes on "oxygen" are very cool.

19. Take Your Sweet Time (2004, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts)

Beautiful_Soul.jpg

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 6

Wallace: 23

Steven: 20

Derek: 23

Priscilla: 19

Denise: 3

Victoria: 19

JC: 17

Final Average = 16.25

COMMENTS

ohhh a ballad, gorge ❤️ 

I was the only one to advance a non-single to the finals in the first round and that's okay with me. This is one of the most nostalgic Jesse songs for me (even though there are a lot of those). This gives me SO. MANY. FEELS. I always remember how he would serenade a lucky girl to this song on every night of the Beautiful Soul tour and I remember crying in my childhood bedroom because I was NOT ONE OF THOSE GIRLS. 😭   I hated my life. But everything about this song from the melody to his vocals just pierce my heart on every single listen. I CAN'T EVEN. HIs falsetto. 😭  The chorus. 😭 THE WAY HE SINGS "I will be here... when you change your mind" ESPECIALLY in the second chorus and in the last chorus!!!!!! He sings it different there. LISTEN!! My heart. 😭  The way he extends his voice on words throughout the song also owns my heart... and the bridge, oh my gosh. I'm a weeping mess. Someone send help.

A very sweet, mellow and pretty song from Jesse. He sounds really nice here. I could see or hear how teenage Denise fell in love with him here. :giggle: I personally would have liked a little more dynamics/build up towards the end, but he still sounds really good.

18. We Can Go Anywhere (2006, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Jesse McCartney + Andy Dodd + Dory Lobel + Adam Watts)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

RANKINGS

Gigi: 21

Wallace: 21

Steven: 8

Derek: 11

Priscilla: 23

Denise: 6

Victoria: 23

JC: 15

Final Average = 16.00

COMMENTS

do not remember this as well but love the catchiness of this

I'm glad I got to advance this song to the finals because I'm not sure it would have made it otherwise. This is an album track that has always been so special to me. I remember seeing concert footage of this song on YouTube before it was released and I was obsessed. I would play that video over and over and I even downloaded that live audio to my iPod. Those were the days. ❤️ I feel so emotional every time I listen to it for reasons I can't explain. There's just something about it... and the time in my life when I listened to it. It is so nostalgic and special, right from the beginning melody. It gets me. 😭  I am crying in the verses, the chorus, and the bridge! "WE'RE GONNA BE SO FAR GONEEEEEEEEE, SOMEPLACE WE AINT NEVER BEEN BEFOREEEEEEE. But wait. (!)  The broken-down chorus right after the bridge is my absolute FAVORITE. I need to be held. @*Wallace  Hold me. 😢 

Whoa, the beginning and parts of this reminded me of Michelle Branch's "Everywhere," and that's kinda triply to me. :haha: But I do like the sound of this and how he sounds here. It has good verses, and a nice catchy chorus. I do like those "yeah, we can go anywhere" parts that he kinda belts out. Fun song.

17. Blow Your Mind (2006, prod. by John Shanks, written by Jesse McCartney + Dory Lobel + John Shanks)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

RANKINGS

Gigi: 24

Wallace: 13

Steven: 4

Derek: 6

Priscilla: 11

Denise: 21

Victoria: 22

JC: 18

Final Average = 14.88

COMMENTS

love the rockiness vibe of this, definitely more unique for king Jesse

I love the rocky edge of some of the tracks from this album, including this one.  :wub: It has such a fun vibe and proves Jesse's versatility. IT'S HOT STUFF. I always randomly think of his appearance on this show called Schooled when I think of this song... okay, maybe not always, but a lot. :lmao: I don't know why. I guess because I was OBSESSED with his appearance on that show. My Jesse obsession was at its all time high during the RWYWM era so.... yeah. :wub:  This song is so hot and listen to how he sings the verses. :omg:  omg?!! And the chorus is another explosive one. 

I shall share this video because I can. ❤️  

Yay, I'm glad that this was the last song to advance through into the finals. I like how Jesse took a more rock sound/approach with his second album and with this song. This song has a mature and riskier sound, but I like the sound here and his voice sounds edgier here. This is a really fun and catchy song. And that chorus really sounds familiar and reminds me of another song, but I can't think of what. I love the energy of this song and the way he builds this up in an electrifying way.

16. Body Language (2009, feat. T-Pain, prod. by The Movement, written by Jesse McCartney + The Movement)

Jesse_McCartney_-_Body_Language_(Officia

US Billboard Hot 100: #35 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #23 (Single)

US Billboard Dance Club Songs: #10 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Language_(Jesse_McCartney_song)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 15

Wallace: 11

Steven: 22

Derek: 9

Priscilla: 8

Denise: 24

Victoria: 11

JC: 12

Final Average = 14.00

COMMENTS

Ooh I definitely remember being surprised on Jesse and T-Pain doing a song together, but I was totally here for it - especially back in 2009 when I think this song was released. Anyway, this was Jesse going for a more hip hop sound, and I do really like this song. I do really like the pre-chorus here, and the chorus is a lot of fun to too. Those "hey hey hey" parts are super catchy. I do love how he sings in different languages and references those languages too, I also enjoy T-Pain on this, and think he's a lot of fun here too. :bobo: Oh and wow this song randomly made me think of how they both did The Masked Singer (but on different seasons). That's crazy ironic but fun to realize.

love this catchy dance song! middle school and high school dance perfection ❤️

YellowishAppropriateHectorsdolphin-size_

Is this a jam or is this a JAM?!  :omg: This is one I tend to forget how jammy it is! I mean this part: "Parlez vous francais? Konichiwa, come and move in my way"  :bobo:  Yessssssssssss! I am always here for French Jesse! I also love this even more seeing it live in concert! :omg:  It was so fun. And if you're a fan of The Masked Singer, then you know there is a Monster collaborating with Turtle on this one... so that's cool. I like how T-Pain calls Jesse "pretty boy." :giggle: But yes, this is so jammy! Especially the chorus. :bobo: It also pays tribute to "Leavin'" with one of the lyrics. You can figure that out.

• Sad 1

Body Language did better than I expected! I felt like I might be biased toward that track considering it has T-Pain and came out when I was in college in Tallahassee (the "T" in "T-Pain" stands for "Tallahassee" #FYI) and obviously all the clubs there at the time lived and breathed T-Pain music.

I thought Blow Your Mind would last at least until Top 15!!!! 😭

• Like 1

I'm fine with most of this set here. I would have liked "Blow Your Mind" and "Body Language" a little higher but I was more wanting my faves from the first set higher - so I can live with this. :haha: 

LOVING all of Denise's fangirl comments on these songs. :dead:❤️ 

14 minutes ago, Deeee said:

FINAL STANDINGS PART TWO

20. Oxygen (2009, prod. by Eric Hudson, written by Eric Hudson + Claude Kelly + Jesse McCartney)

RANKINGS:

Wallace: 24

Denise: 8

19. Take Your Sweet Time (2004, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts)

Beautiful_Soul.jpg

RANKINGS:

Wallace: 23

Denise: 3

18. We Can Go Anywhere (2006, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Jesse McCartney + Andy Dodd + Dory Lobel + Adam Watts)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

RANKINGS

Wallace: 21

Denise: 6

The betrayal! 🤯

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

No complaints so far except for “Blow Your Mind” ranking this low, even though I wasn’t expecting it to rank too high. It’s such a catchy song with a cool vibe. I like the drums in the song, and Jesse’s delivery is great.

I like reading the comments so far, especially Denise’s. I was going to write comments too, but I just didn’t get around to it. I thought my comments would’ve been too repetitive. 😅 I’ll probably just post comments on my favorites as they appear.

• Like 1

Take Your Sweet Time and We Can Go Anywhere. 😭 😭  I thought TYST would at least rank higher. :broken:  I didn't expect either super high, so I'm at least glad they made the top 20... but still. 😭 

Oxygen! :omg: Not Wally wanting more from these songs that own my heart. :broken: 

15 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I am glad you did. Thanks! 😄 Awwww sorry regarding Invincible. You can be happy I helped it out with a high ranking. 😘 Saying this now before you get mad me at on my future rankings. :dead: 

Aww I'm sorry. :( It could have been that ~one time listen thing~ where I wasn't crazy about it while playing it. Maybe if I were to re-listen to it again, it might hit me that I really like it or something? Cause that can randomly happen to me sometimes. :haha: 

😢 😢 😢  

Yes, I know how songs can take years to grow on you. :broken:  Not you ranking so many of my favorites low only because you didn't have years to do the final ranking. :shock: 

15 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

The betrayal! 🤯

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

You weren't supposed to bring that up. :ph34rwave: :blushingwave:

Hoping Denise can forgive me. :blushingwave:

I noticed it right away on my own. 😭 

hmm-thinking.gif

15 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Body Language did better than I expected! I felt like I might be biased toward that track considering it has T-Pain and came out when I was in college in Tallahassee (the "T" in "T-Pain" stands for "Tallahassee" #FYI) and obviously all the clubs there at the time lived and breathed T-Pain music.

Tallahassee-Pain. 😮 

15 hours ago, *Wallace said:

LOVING all of Denise's fangirl comments on these songs. :dead:❤️ 

omg :lmao: I'm glad you do. Thanks. :blushingwave: 

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

That really is the best part! I appreciate Denise putting all that together because it adds so much color to the reveals

7 hours ago, Steven_ said:

I like reading the comments so far, especially Denise’s. I was going to write comments too, but I just didn’t get around to it. I thought my comments would’ve been too repetitive. 😅 I’ll probably just post comments on my favorites as they appear.

Awww. :blushingwave:  Thank you all. :wub:  I also thought you'd write comments, Steven, but it's okay... I don't mind doing most of the talking. :dead:  

4 hours ago, taylorkat said:

Jesse does have a very nice falsetto.

The best. :wub: