Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART FOUR

12. Your Love Is My Drug (2010 prod. by Benny Blanco + Ammo + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Pebe Sebert + Ammo)

Album: Animal

tumblr_md2oiom8NH1r2bltho1_500.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #4 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #17 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #6 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #7 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 4x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Love_Is_My_Drug

RANKINGS:

Dee: 19

Gigi: 10

Elliott: 16

Andy: 15

Denise: 12

Lily: 6

Wally: 2

Derek: 9

Chris: 21

Victoria: 2

JC: 8

Kaley: 16

Final Average = 11.333

COMMENTS

A fun song, but way, way, way too cheesy for me to love this that much. A fun jam though, too bad it is produced by a loser.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, *Wallace said:

Tdgg.gif

I always really loved and enjoyed “Your Love is My Drug” from Ke$ha. This is such a fun upbeat easy listening to kind of song.  I have NO clue how this song will rank as I was the only one to push this through the game but I am hoping most of the other rankers love this and can give this a good spot as well. :haha: I really love the chorus of the song and I think it has such a cut sound to it:

original.gif

So catchy and addicting! :bobo:

I also did not know this song was particularly about drugs when Elliott commented to it to me the other day. I thought this song used drug as a metaphor of how this person love has got her addicted and obsessed like a drug or something? But i guess I can get it now. :haha: Oh well I will think of it like that and continue to bop along to this. :bobo:

I also really love the bridge and how the song changes up there but still has that fun sound to it.

Hey, so I got a question

Do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement?

Do I make your heart beat like an 808 drum

Is my love your drug?

:bobo:

On 9/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, JC said:

still obsessed

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, FrogLenzen said:

"I like your beard" I knew Kesha was speaking this line directly to me even before I grew my current beard

On 8/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, taylorkat said:

Catchy song!

On 8/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, miss denise said:

"What you've got, boy, is hard to find, I think about it all the time" :bobo: It's fun, but never been one of my absolute favorites.  The bridge is my favorite part though and if that was its own song, I would love this even more. "HEY SO I GOTTA QUESTION, Do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement?" :bobo: 

On 9/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, *Lily said:

That hook... classic pop music. It gives me vibes of 90s pop, cheesy love songs, added in with Ke$ha's electropop sound, now already iconic at this point.

11. Boots (2017, prod. by Ricky Reed, written by Kesha Sebert + Eric Frederic + Rogét Chahayed + Justin Tranter)

Album: Rainbow

Kesha_-_Rainbow_(Official_Album_Cover).p

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_(Kesha_album)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 2

Gigi: 17

Elliott: 6

Andy: 12

Denise: 13

Lily: 12

Wally: 17

Derek: 5

Chris: 12

Victoria: 20

JC: 15

Kaley: 4

Final Average = 11.250

COMMENTS

You're welcome, Derek. So pleasantly surprised to see Boots rank this highly, considering it was me and me alone that brought this song to the finals. When I first heard this song, I absolutely knew that I would fall in love with the Rainbow album. A banger. An absolute banger. I get so hype listening to this song. UGH. 

I don't have strong feelings for this song, so it ends up here.

Thank you, Dee

starts the songs that robbed other iconic songs

"I'm walking on air, kickin' my blues,  Everything stops when I'm with you" :bobo:  The chorus is my favorite and a standout on this song. Overall, it's a grower, but I love how she sings on that chorus and the sultry kind of feel of the song.

Such a cool number, definitely some exciting country-rock influences in here which I think really fit her voice to a T.

This song has a really interesting sound to it. It kinda has this Western music, mysterious and hypnotic feel to it (with the music and some of her vocal delivery). I don’t know how to describe it but it’s intriguing to me. It kept growing on me as it progressed (but not an ultimate favorite). This song tells an interesting story. Really enjoyed the bridge.. Good song.

10. Cannibal (2010, prod. by Ammo + Billboard, written by Kesha Sebert + Ammo + Mathieu Jomphe + Pebe Sebert)

Extended Play: Cannibal

Kesha-Cannibal-Promo-Single.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #77 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal_(song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 9

Gigi: 6

Elliott: 18

Andy: 20

Denise: 17

Lily: 14

Wally: 11

Derek: 3

Chris: 11

Victoria: 10

JC: 3

Kaley: 12

Final Average = 11.167

COMMENTS

Cannibal has always been my favorite from the EP. So glad that this song is not so tainted by that one loser. Seductive. Sexy. I almost always think that men should be eaten. A banger.

Direct quote from my mother after she heard the lyric "now that I'm famous, you're up my anus": "oh... great." Quote from my friend after hearing this song: "referencing Jeffrey Dahmer is not sexy" truuuuuu but still slaps.

I would say the songs in my Top 11 are the songs I’m most familiar with and really big fans of regarding Kesha’s discography. I believe I first heard this song from a SYTYCD routine (that shall not be spoken of)… but i really liked this song but it was such a shame it was used for a bad dance. I do love how she sings/raps the verses so fast and it’s so fun. :bobo: The chorus is scary with her eating boys up for breakfast and lunch and then drinking their blood? #Yikes. I hope she doesn’t still do this. I am gonna stay away from Kesha. :shiver: But this song is a fun jam! :bobo:

iconic

I only just found out this apparently went viral on TikTok. I'm shook that the Kesha song that goes viral on there, isn't Tik Tok. Very deserving to be in endgame!

I prefer other songs, but I kind of like the vibe of the pre-chorus. The lyrics are a bit wow, but then that's the case with lots of these songs. :haha: 

A favorite.

Edited by Deeee

Just now, Elliott said:

The Kesha round randomly made me remember how Detox and Kesha are really good friends irl and yet Detox still gave us that Kesha impersonation for Snatch Game... 🥴

Detox just isn’t really all that funny :ph34rwave: The only time I laughed at her was her standup but with Tati

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

Detox just isn’t really all that funny :ph34rwave: The only time I laughed at her was her standup but with Tati

I laughed at her saying she thought she was going to beat Alaska in AS2 when they finished the season.

I had no idea where “Your Love Is My Drug” would rank. Would have loved a Top 10 ranking but #12 is really good. Such a fun song an d always been one of my faves from her. :bobo:

I enjoyed “Boots” so well done on its spot. Ooh interesting to learn of Deee pushing and fighting this song for Derek. :giggle:

Love “Cannibal” and very happy for it’s #10 spot. :bobo: Also had no idea this song went viral on Tik Tok.  I wonder why but yeah still such a fun song.

24 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I’m actually kind of shocked that Blah Blah Blah is still in this. :haha: 

Same..... and I really like the song. But I thought it would be more polarizing than some others. :haha: 

19 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Your Love Is My Drug > Blah Blab Blah.

Angry The End GIF by Robert E Blackmon

:wub: 

15 minutes ago, *Lily said:

It’s certainly unique!

This response. :dead:   Lily shade. :wub: 

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The Kesha round randomly made me remember how Detox and Kesha are really good friends irl and yet Detox still gave us that Kesha impersonation for Snatch Game... 🥴

Yikes.... that was so cringe.

8 minutes ago, #jeah said:

This.