DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

*Lily

5 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

I know this isn’t really season 29-related but looks like Lindsay’s baby has arrived or will be arriving soon!

Oooh, congrats (or soon to be congrats) to Lindsay! 😮 

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

Jeannie’s surgery went successfully. ❤️ So lucky that her doctors were able to find her condition as it sounds awful and as she notes, life-threatening. Wishing her a safe and continued recovery!

#bless, this is great news. ❤️ Wishing her a speedy and safe recovery!

7 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Didn't watch but let me guess they are still nit-picking Kaitlyn and over hyping the males..awesome. am I right? 

They actually scored Nelly and AJ appropriately, so there’s that

They has critiques for both Nev and Kaitlyn but of course Nev is the one who got all 9’s while Kaitlyn got two 8’s.

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

I’ll try and get an updated draft posted tonight!

(I know that I took a beating these past couple of weeks though and I’m out. :dead:)

*me torn between wanting Justina to win because she’s my fav and wanting AJ to win so I win the draft*

5 hours ago, *Lily said:

I’ll try and get an updated draft posted tonight!

(I know that I took a beating these past couple of weeks though and I’m out. :dead:)

I know I’m out too because I had Chrishell as my remaining pick. :dead: 

press release!

Tyra Banks will walk out to Jennifer Lopez’s “Jenny from the Block.” The first round will be a competitive dance in a style not yet performed by the couples this season as they pay tribute to their musical icons. Afterward, the second round is the Dance-Off Challenge. Two at a time, couples face off against one other on the ballroom floor as they dance head-to-head in the same style at the same time (Justina & Sasha vs. Kaitlyn & Artem dance Cha Cha to “Telephone” by Lady Gaga featuring Beyoncé, AJ & Cheryl vs. Johnny & Britt dance Jive to “Cup of Life” by Ricky Martin, and Nelly & Daniella vs. Skai & Alan dance Salsa to “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham). The winners of each of the three dance-offs will be selected by the judges, and the winning couple from each dance-off will receive two bonus points added to their judges’ totals for the night. Nev and Jenna will be granted dance-off immunity based on the leaderboard from last week and the highest cumulative score over the season (due to a tie with Johnny and Britt) and will not have to participate, receiving two bonus points as part of their immunity.
  • Paying tribute to Britney Spears, Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Argentine Tango to “Toxic” by Britney Spears
  • Paying tribute to Janet Jackson, Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Paso Doble to “If” by Janet Jackson
  • Paying tribute to Madonna, actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Rumba to “Crazy for You” by Madonna
  • Paying tribute to Freddie Mercury, Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing theViennese Waltz to “Somebody To Love” by Queen
  • Paying tribute to 2Pac, GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing Jazz to “California Love” by 2Pac, featuring Roger Troutman and Dr. Dre
  • Paying tribute to Elton 
  • John, TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Jive to “Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)” by Elton John
  • Paying tribute to Amy Winehouse, Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Quickstep to “Valerie” by Mark Ronson, featuring Amy Winehouse

my initial thoughts are that their rigging for nev is as CLEAR as ever, as this is the first time (i'm pretty sure?) that someone has walked into an episode with immunity

:dead: i guess i won't have to bet on anyone else for the rest of the season

- i smell a perfect score for kaitlyn. that style is perfect for her, i think, and it'll be nice to see her nail a more serious dance -- love the song choice for her too

- the producers are definitely trying to set skai up i think because she hasn't had a non-latin dance since her jazz in week five :dead: i think she's guaranteed those bonus points against nelly though

- excited to see justina give a great rumba because i know she'll kill it!

- neutral on aj. good song, we'll see if he does well

- nelly finally getting a dance with less rules, i definitely suspect he's gonna get lots of praise for whatever he does and i'm sure it'll be lots of fun

- pass on nev since whatever he does won't matter anyway lol yes i'm bitter that he's automatically immune

- VERY excited for johnny's dance! probably my favorite song choice (though it does make me miss naya rivera all over again 💔 )

19 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They’re not even trying to be subtle with their Nev pimping. :dead:

Seriously. :dead: Every other time they’ve done the dance-off, it’s whoever gets the highest score on the night gets immunity and now, it’s suddenly different.

We see you show, and we do not like it. 🙂 

I can’t believe I didn’t even pick up on that instant immunity twist. Jesus. :dead:

The gap between Nev and second place in total scores (Kaitlyn) isn’t even that tight so basically he had that on lock.

Edited by *Lily

Just now, *Lily said:

I thought this as I knew we pretty much had the same draft. :( :dead: And I had Monica as well but that didn’t do me much of a favour :haha:

The press release said it was him vs Johnny based off who had the highest score last week, and Nev won because he had the higher rating of the season.

Now we know why they overscored him so much. 🙂

Just now, Elliott said:

The press release said it was him vs Johnny based off who had the highest score last week, and Nev won because he had the higher rating of the season.

Now we know why they overscored him so much. 🙂

Oh I misread that and just thought they were doing it off overall points. :haha: Johnny deserved! Nev will be fine anyway ugh.