DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

*Lily

22 hours ago, *Lily said:

Instagram have released some of the pics of the judges who are helping out the couples for their redemption dances this week:

Bruno has Skai and Nelly

Derek has Justina and Nev

So Carrie Ann has Johnny and, to the surprise of none of us, Kaitlyn 

LMAO I had a feeling CA was going to get Kaitlyn for the Redemption round. :haha: 

A big & overdue draft update, going into the semi-finals!

rr5fVZH.png

In Draft 1, Diana lost her second pick with Monica. Wally lost his second pick with Jeannie. Amanda lost her last pick with Chrishell. And last week, Elliott also lost his last pick with AJ. With 3 picks going into the top 6, Chris is the only person to have a team completely in tact. 😮 

Remaining

3 - @*Chris

1 - @*Diana

1 - @Alex95

1 - @*Wallace

JP4UgO9.png

In Draft 2, I lost both my last two picks with Monica and Chrishell. Dee also lost his final member with Jeannie. And Richard lost his first pick, with AJ. As IDF's wildcard pick for this draft, Nelly is still standing!

Remaining

2 - @rpryor03

2 - @anaandrade

1 - @.Rei

1 - Wildcard

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Idk if this is unpopular or not, but unless something iconic comes out of the finale this season will have failed to produce an iconic dance. Obviously there have been some great 10-worthy dances, but absolutely nothing I will remember in a month.

I had been thinking this too actually 🙈 A lot of dances I’ve enjoyed and have been great but I don’t think there’s really been anything that I’ll go back to frequently like in past seasons.

17 hours ago, *Lily said:

A big & overdue draft update, going into the semi-finals!

rr5fVZH.png

In Draft 1, Diana lost her second pick with Monica. Wally lost his second pick with Jeannie. Amanda lost her last pick with Chrishell. And last week, Elliott also lost his last pick with AJ. With 3 picks going into the top 6, Chris is the only person to have a team completely in tact. 😮 

Remaining

3 - @*Chris

1 - @*Diana

1 - @Alex95

1 - @*Wallace

Surprisingly not flopping with my draft picks, but I bet Nev will end up winning so I won't win :haha:

• Haha 1

i didn't have anywhere else to put this but? these are my top 10 dances this season because the finale is obsolete to me

1. Justina & Sasha, Contemporary

2. Skai & Alan, Viennese Waltz

3. Kaitlyn & Artem, Contemporary

4. Nev & Jenna, Paso Doble

5. Skai & Alan, Argentine Tango

6. Kaitlyn & Artem, Argentine Tango

7. Justina & Sasha, Samba

8. Johnny & Britt, Contemporary

9. Skai & Alan, Foxtrot

10. Justina & Sasha, Viennese Waltz

21 hours ago, *Diana said:

Rip to ny draft tonight tbh.

Ugh me too. :dead: 

5 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Idk if this is unpopular or not, but unless something iconic comes out of the finale this season will have failed to produce an iconic dance. Obviously there have been some great 10-worthy dances, but absolutely nothing I will remember in a month.

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

I had been thinking this too actually 🙈 A lot of dances I’ve enjoyed and have been great but I don’t think there’s really been anything that I’ll go back to frequently like in past seasons.

Ahhh I can get and agree to these points. I have loved a number of dances and thought there were some 10-worthy dances for sure, but not sure if any of the dances this season would be in like my all-time Top 50 or so. :haha: 

4 hours ago, *Chris said:

Surprisingly not flopping with my draft picks, but I bet Nev will end up winning so I won't win :haha:

:dead: 

But well done to getting 3 of your draft picks in the finale. That is impressive. 😮 

2 hours ago, ungodlyhour said:

i didn't have anywhere else to put this but? these are my top 10 dances this season because the finale is obsolete to me

1. Justina & Sasha, Contemporary

2. Skai & Alan, Viennese Waltz

3. Kaitlyn & Artem, Contemporary

4. Nev & Jenna, Paso Doble

5. Skai & Alan, Argentine Tango

6. Kaitlyn & Artem, Argentine Tango

7. Justina & Sasha, Samba

8. Johnny & Britt, Contemporary

9. Skai & Alan, Foxtrot

10. Justina & Sasha, Viennese Waltz

Pretty solid list here. I'm not sure for me but do think most of these would be in there for me. I would probably add in Nev's Contemporary, Johnny's Quickstep and maybe Nev's Foxtrot?

Oh I guess I should be rooting for Nev over Nelly for draft purposes lol. Meh. Still just all in on Justina. But I'll have little things to be happy about if any of them win (if Nev wins I win the draft, if Nelly wins Nev loses, if Kaitlyn wins it's a much better result than it could've been)

Here are some good GMA exit interviews!

Alan thinks it’s between Nev or Nelly to win. Britt thinks that too but is rooting for the underdog, ala Justina. 😮 Ginger Zee also mentioned thinking Nev or Justina would win (or her rooting for them). 

Then some other GMA interviews I forgot to post over the last few weeks too. :haha: