DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

*Lily

I stann a Salsa to “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” and a Jive to “The Cup of Life.”

:wub:

Like my IDF Twin Lily said…. SKAI’S SONG!! :wub: Wow sooooo excited that “If” is gonna be used. Would have imagined a Jazz to it but looking forward to that Paso. Skai being in a Salsa dance-off against Nelly is def something in her favor.

Yayy love that Kaitlyn has an AT. Think this is a style that would really suit her. And lol you can never go wrong with a Toxic Tango.

Justina should be great with a Rumba although her song choice is my least fave of the bunch. I like it but I love these other songs lol. Still looking forward to it.

Love that Nelly got 2Pac for his Icon. I can see this being his best dance.

AJ delivered a good Waltz so thinking he could/should delver a really good VW. At least I hope so.

Really liking Nev’s and Johnny’s song/dance combos. Looking forward to those. Although it is odd Nev got the immunity from last weeks totals - but I am certain James had immunity from the dance battles last season. I get how they have to do that now because votes don't carry over from last week but it's odd and confusing. lmao.

And ugh, still noooo “Hound Dog.” :broken:

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Gotta love the press release errors. :giggle: 

Those are our favorites! :dead:

54 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Seriously. :dead: Every other time they’ve done the dance-off, it’s whoever gets the highest score on the night gets immunity and now, it’s suddenly different.

We see you show, and we do not like it. 🙂 

James had immunity from the dance-offs last season. Remember Halloween night with his VW. He didn't take part in the dance-off battles the following week (when he had a Contemporary). It's still so odd and strange though. 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

James had immunity from the dance-offs last season. Remember Halloween night with his VW. He didn't take part in the dance-off battles the following week (when he had a Contemporary). It's still so odd and strange though. 

Yeah, last season is already a blur to me so I already forgot about that. :dead: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Those are our favorites! :dead:

I thought they announced that immunity ahead of time, though. iirc, they said at the beginning of Halloween night whomever had the highest score would get immunity the following week.

I’m not sure if this was posted in here, but this was Jeannie’s Instagram post after her surgery and writing a heartbreaking / sweet message about the show and the cast. ❤️ I think this was from Monday which I didn’t even see until now. So sweet of her rooting and voting for everyone though. :haha::wub: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHG3JUkhcZz/?hl=en

Also this preview video showed footage of last week’s training footage. Ugh we see a bit of Jeannie’s Charleston there. I would really love it if they could let them perform this on the finale (if she’s well enough by then) but doubt that will happen. :broken: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHGrgPHAVGr/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I’m not sure if this was posted in here, but this was Jeannie’s Instagram post after her surgery and writing a heartbreaking / sweet message about the show and the cast. ❤️ I think this was from Monday which I didn’t even see until now. So sweet of her rooting and voting for everyone though. :haha::wub: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHG3JUkhcZz/?hl=en

Also this preview video showed footage of last week’s training footage. Ugh we see a bit of Jeannie’s Charleston there. I would really love it if they could let them perform this on the finale (if she’s well enough by then) but doubt that will happen. :broken: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHGrgPHAVGr/

Fun fact holey moley is an abc show so they might bring her back 

• Like 1

In all seriousness, sad news though! Especially for the family.

Although wow I am going to read unnecessarily deeply into the fact that she broke the news on Instagram stories. Quarantine really made me overanalyse everything even when it means nothing.

I do want to post my weekly Youtube stats now, so here we go!

DWTS Season 29, Week 8 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Friday 11/6 @ 12:35 PM)

1. Kaitlyn & Artem - Jive: 272,830 views / 3,259 likes / 65 dislikes
  2. Skai & Alan - Salsa: 257,499 views / 8,574 likes /102 dislikes
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Journey: 185,009 views / 5,780 likes / 25 dislikes
  4. Cha-Cha Relay: 155,501 views / 2,039 likes / 24 dislikes
  5. Samba Relay: 153,728 views / 2,267 likes / 35 dislikes
  6. Nelly & Daniella - Rumba: 135,228 views / 2,009 likes / 93 dislikes
  7. Justina & Sasha - Samba: 122,953 views / 3,455 likes / 33 dislikes
  8. Nev & Jenna - Viennese Waltz: 104,566 views / 2,517 likes / 31 dislikes
  9. AJ & Cheryl - Rumba: 86,157 views / 1,835 likes / 28 dislikes
  10. Chrishell & Gleb - Viennese Waltz: 84,805 views / 1,392 likes / 61 dislikes
  11. Johnny & Britt - Foxtrot: 77,131 views / 1,582 likes / 38 dislikes
  12. Viennese Waltz Relay: 72,759 views / 1,240 likes / 15 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Skai & Alan - Salsa
  2. Jeannie & Brandon - Journey
  3. Justina & Sasha - Samba

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Viennese Waltz Relay
  2. Chrishell & Gleb - Viennese Waltz
  3. Johnny & Britt - Foxtrot

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Skai & Alan - Salsa
  2. Nelly & Daniella - Rumba
  3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Jive

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Viennese Waltz Relay
  2. Cha-Cha Relay
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Journey

Just now, *Wallace said:

I do want to post my weekly Youtube stats now, so here we go!

DWTS Season 29, Week 8 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Friday 11/6 @ 12:35 PM)

1. Kaitlyn & Artem - Jive: 272,830 views / 3,259 likes / 65 dislikes
  2. Skai & Alan - Salsa: 257,499 views / 8,574 likes /102 dislikes
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Journey: 185,009 views / 5,780 likes / 25 dislikes
  4. Cha-Cha Relay: 155,501 views / 2,039 likes / 24 dislikes
  5. Samba Relay: 153,728 views / 2,267 likes / 35 dislikes
  6. Nelly & Daniella - Rumba: 135,228 views / 2,009 likes / 93 dislikes
  7. Justina & Sasha - Samba: 122,953 views / 3,455 likes / 33 dislikes
  8. Nev & Jenna - Viennese Waltz: 104,566 views / 2,517 likes / 31 dislikes
  9. AJ & Cheryl - Rumba: 86,157 views / 1,835 likes / 28 dislikes
  10. Chrishell & Gleb - Viennese Waltz: 84,805 views / 1,392 likes / 61 dislikes
  11. Johnny & Britt - Foxtrot: 77,131 views / 1,582 likes / 38 dislikes
  12. Viennese Waltz Relay: 72,759 views / 1,240 likes / 15 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Skai & Alan - Salsa
  2. Jeannie & Brandon - Journey
  3. Justina & Sasha - Samba

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Viennese Waltz Relay
  2. Chrishell & Gleb - Viennese Waltz
  3. Johnny & Britt - Foxtrot

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Skai & Alan - Salsa
  2. Nelly & Daniella - Rumba
  3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Jive

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Viennese Waltz Relay
  2. Cha-Cha Relay
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Journey

Is  this the first time skai has not been the most viewed ?

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

People are being messy in Chrishell's comments on her Insta, they are so trashy. Asking her if she broke them up or if she slept with Gleb. Let Chrishell be!

people are so sick b/c we know VERY well that if a female pro separated from her husband/boyfriend it would be her getting blamed & not her male celebrity 😐

Edited by ungodlyhour
  • Like 3

Their daughter Olivia just turned 10 this week and their other daughter Zlata is only a toddler 🥺.  I hope their parents disable the comments on their daughters’ IG accounts, Zlata probably doesn’t use it since she’s so little but Olivia might go on hers and see comments from strangers about her parents’ split.  

No wonder Elena wasn’t posting about voting for Chrishell & Gleb this season, she usually supported Gleb and his partner in past seasons.  

4 hours ago, Alex95 said:

People are being messy in Chrishell's comments on her Insta, they are so trashy. Asking her if she broke them up or if she slept with Gleb. Let Chrishell be!

Chrishell’s literally had to post an Instagram story statement about it. People are being so messy.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 4:19 PM, *Lily said:

Jeannie’s surgery went successfully. ❤️ So lucky that her doctors were able to find her condition as it sounds awful and as she notes, life-threatening. Wishing her a safe and continued recovery!

Glad to hear that Jeannie is doing fine.  I’m just heartbroken that her time on the show had to end this way.  💔

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 6:08 PM, Elliott said:

I thought they announced that immunity ahead of time, though. iirc, they said at the beginning of Halloween night whomever had the highest score would get immunity the following week.

Oooh they probably did? I just remember whoever had the highest score on Halloween night, would get immunity. I believe James was tied with some others - wanna say Kel, Ally & Lauren? James had the highest overall scores, which gave him immunity.

On 11/3/2020 at 7:56 PM, *Lily said:

Gleb mentioned something about how an Elvis dance was prepared for next week...I think we’ve finally cracked the “Hound Dog” mystery :dead:

omggg we finally got an answer to this! :wub: :dead:  

Although lol why would they give Chrishell, Elvis for her icon, had she made it through? :lmao: 

On 11/5/2020 at 1:46 PM, Rampurewal said:

Fun fact holey moley is an abc show so they might bring her back 

That would be great. ❤️ Though not sure about how true that would be - unless it was an All Stars or some redemption type season?