The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Hopefully these previews will keep you excited for the upcoming 1st week of the Live Shows. These are performances from BOTH Tuesday and Thursday Night.

Which from the previews are you excited about? Comment down below! 😁

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Hopefully these previews will keep you excited for the upcoming 1st week of the Live Shows. These are performances from BOTH Tuesday and Thursday Night.

Which from the previews are you excited about? Comment down below! 😁

I’m looking forward to artist #2, #5, and #6! 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for the delay but the show will have to be moved tomorrow night, I unfortunately cannot write for the next show as I will be doing things for the next couple of hours. I am sorry again, but I will make sure it will be a good show tomorrow night. Thank you! ❣️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Sorry for the delay but the show will have to be moved tomorrow night, I unfortunately cannot write for the next show as I will be doing things for the next couple of hours. I am sorry again, but I will make sure it will be a good show tomorrow night. Thank you! ❣️

That’s okay! 🙂 I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s show. 😁

picsart-06-11-11-33-08.jpg

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last time, we've witnessed as the wildcard finalists from each category fought it out in this series' first ever Wildcard Show, each mentors brought back artists that they think deserves another chance to be in this show. The 5 wildcard finalists gave the performance that they think will be enough for the viewers to vote for the. For the first time on this show, the voting line was up for a week. One will be coming back to this show and have garnered the highest votes among the 5.

Tonight, the wildcard winner that had the highest votes for the previous wildcard show will be REVEALED. The Live Shows will also start tonight, the 16 artists will be divided randomly into 2 batches, with one from each will be ELIMINATED. One artist from each batch will be receiving the Mentor's Immunity, while the artist with the most clicks on their sound cloud studio recording, will receive the Soundcloud Bonus Multiplier, multiplying their votes x2. The Bottom 2 from each category will have to fight it out in the Sing-Off the following night.

The 1st batch that will be performing in the Live Shows Week 1 will be revealed and will be performing tonight. Tomorrow night, one of them will be leaving the show for good.

• Like 1

First for tonight, let us reveal the

wildcard winner that garnered the highest amount of votes last wildcard show. That artist is none other than...

picsart-08-06-11-33-33.jpg

ALISAN PORTER! 

• Like 2

Let us now welcome the 1st batch of the Top 16 finalists, that will be the first to perform for the Live Shows Week 1, and their lovely mentors!

picsart-08-11-09-08-41.png

Alex & Sierra
Fifth Harmony

picsart-08-11-09-07-32.png

MaKenzie Thomas

picsart-08-11-09-09-02.png

Evvie McKinney
Kennedy Holmes

picsart-08-11-09-09-28.png

Mo Aderinan

picsart-08-11-09-09-45.png

Angie Miller
Amanda Brown

• Like 1

Kicking things off for tonight is one of the finalists from The Over 25's category, she impressed many on her last performance after singing an emotional Katy Perry song, garnering her one of the highest voters for that week. Tonight, she will take on a Celine Dion hit and will try to add her own flavor to the famous hit.

1. Angie Miller
     - Song: My Heart Will Go On (Celine Dion)

• Like 2

MENTORS COMMENTARIES AND SCORES

IAN27TAY
- *standing ovation* Wow darling, I really love the fact that you made your own version of this song. I cannot recall the last time I have heard such a melodious voice, and it was like you charmed the whole place as soon as you started singing. I think this is one of your best performances, urgh I'm out of words, I just wanna say that everything is flawless, and what a way to start the a show.

SCORE: 4.4/5

QueenMae
- Well Angie, this was a bold song choice for sure, I should get right to it. I think the performance throughout was monotone and lacked any connection tbh, technically it was good, but I just think you were missing your usual connection, as from the past couple weeks. I would say the ending was the best part, with the belts really showcasing your voice, but that was the saving grace of this performance. Good luck in the votes though

SCORE: 3.2/5

americanvoice
-  *standing ovation* What a way to start the show Angie! I love how you made a new version to this song, I know that it was overdone on singing competitions like this, but girl this was different. You had your best performance on the final round of the live playoffs, so I wasn't expecting even greater than that, while it still was my favorite of yours, I think this really came close to it.

SCORE: 3.2/5

A-Kid
- I really love your bold song choice Angie, singing such song is a risk that'll either make it or break it with you, in your case I think it kind of break in you. Don't get me wrong though, it was technically perfect, everything was there, you did not do any mistake or whatsoever vocally. But emotionally? I really can't connect with you tonight, I am stunned by your last performance not because of your vocal calisthenics, but because of your emotions, which unfortunately lacks tonight, just make sure that if you will ever take risk, connect with the audience more.

SCORE: 1.8/5

jarmon
- *standing ovation with tears in eyes* And that's how you sing, PERIODT!!! You just exude such class, elegance and poise when you sing and this performance was just that. Such a stunning performance with such stellar vocals that really had me so captivated with your whole performance throughout. This was your magic moment in my opinion as I feel I'm finally seeing a more emotional and storyteller version of Angie like I saw in the early rounds from you. You did me proud tonight, Angie!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist from The Groups category. They impressed many after finally having a ballad moment with one of The Beatles' classic, impressing the viewers enough for them to be voted through the next stage. Tonight, they will sing yet another ballad, this time by Adele, and will try their best to do well with it.

2. Fifth Harmony
     - Song: Set Fire to the Rain (Adele)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

QueenMae
- Okay girls, what happened? No really, from the past few weeks we have seen your huge potential, but now it just seems like you need the perfect song to succeed. I really want to see progress from you girls but this performance was just heavily inconsistent, no solo parts were perfect, nothing was up to par to what should be a live show performance. I'm sorry girls, but I'm not sure this was it, I will say good luck, but you have to learn from this in the future. 

SCORE: 1.1/5

americanvoice
- That was a really good performance girls, I really love that you are starting to show your serious side to us by singing some ballads. I really love how you let each one of you shine tonight, and that harmonies were on point. I do think that I was finding more authenticity on that performance as I've heard this song many times, but it was a really job well done. 

SCORE: 2.0/5

A-Kid
- I'm sorry but that was the wrong song for you girls, I cannot see that fire within you when you sang Let It Be last week. This was honestly a pretty plain performance for me. I want more fire from you girls, I need more of that desire and drive to win, it was pitchy at some point on your solos honestly. I am actually excited when I saw you singing this song, but it did not reached up to my standards, you could have chosen a song that will show your strengths as vocalists. But the start was really gorgeous though, I just felt it lacked on the parts after that.

SCORE: 1.5/5

jarmon
- *claps* Now I love me some Adele. But, I have to say that you ladies started off sooo strong and then the performance kinda went downhill for me. Like I just felt you girls got vocally weaker as the performance went on. This was not a bad performance by any means, but it's just about maintaining that consistency with your vocals throughout the performance. This did have some pretty moments though. 

SCORE: 2.8/5

IAN27TAY
- *standing ovation* Girls, I'm super proud for all of you, each and everyone can sing really good. I also love the song choice, and when all of you started singing together, I immediately got goosebumps. It was so good! Overall, I'm just super happy that I have you in my team, thank you for this performance.

• Like 1

Next to perform for tonight is one of the finalists from The Underdogs category. She had found herself on the Sing-Off with Zhavia after having one of the lowest votes after singing a Journey song. She then had beaten Zhavia after a unanimous votes from the mentors. Tonight, she will try to regain her steps as she will sing a Jennifer Hudson hit.

3. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: One Night Only (Jennifer Hudson)

• Confused 1

IAN27TAY
- *standing ovation* Evvie, you know what? Your performance was ravishingly good. I love your song choice and yes it was so amazing, I felt your emotion throughout the song, those runs are so refreshing, and the best part of your performance is the chorus, because you really unleashed your beast inside. Overall, you just touched my soul with your singing.

SCORE: 4.4/5

QueenMae
- Evvie sis! Now this is a live show performance to slay our wigs! Girl you just have the power and showed such a fierce side to you today, the ending note as well like omg! Evvie this just blew me away and the build up to, that's how you perform and showcase your voice! I have nothing much to say for this masterpiece, but well done and hoping to see you progress more! 

SCORE: 4.9/5

A-Kid
- *standing ovation* Okay, what a performance Evvie! I love that bold performance of yours, you really went soaring high with those high notes. I love how you slowed up this song just to make it more emotionally relatable. I do felt that in a certain point there was a delay or something. I sincerely love this performance, even if I am not much of a giver in scores for now. Be careful on your notes though, keep in control as you have the tendency to oversing.

SCORE: 2.5/5

jarmon
- *standing ovation and claps* Okay Miss Evvie! Come thru with them vocals! This was probably your best performance throughout the season so far BUT be careful not to oversing and shout as I felt that happened quite a few times in this performance BUT for now, imma just say it was due to your passion for this song but try to avoid the oversinging and shouting. Great performance otherwise, maybe in the running for the best of the night.

SCORE: 4.0/5

americanvoice
- *standing ovation* Ooh Evvie, you go girl! I love hearing a stripped version of this song, it just hit right on with the feels. I also love your high notes, it was so powerful and that soul beneath it is what captivated me the most. I am really proud to have given you this song choice, I could not have picked a better song choice for you, also you surprised me with that stunning ending, that was so soulful. 

• Like 1

Fourth to perform for tonight is a duo from The Groups category. They consistently receive one of the highest votes in their category all throughout the competition, even in the last round, after singing a Bryan Adams classic, they were deemed as immediately safe once again. Tonight they will sing one of Lady Gaga's hits, and will try to capture the hearts of the viewers.

4. Alex & Sierra
     - Song: I'll Never Love Again (Lady Gaga)