The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

picsart-07-10-07-04-06.jpg

Now, Addison and Koryn have to fight it out in the Sing-Offs for the final spot of the Final 3 Girls that'll be representing in the Live Shows. Only 1 will make it through, and that'll be decided by the mentors.

1. Addison Agen
     - Song: Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchell)

2. Koryn Hawthorne
     - Song: Everybody Hurts (R.E.M.)

Edited by anonymouskid_35

MENTORS COMMENTARIES AND DECISIONS

IAN27TAY
- Wow, I'm not expecting this, Addison, I really love this song choice, it showed how vocally good you are and it's just so soothing to my ears, I just hope you give more power on some lines to make it more interesting, but, overall, you are one of my favorite performer in category. Koryn, honey I really felt your connection to the song, I'm so happy that you really tried to connect to the song and I felt that, vocally you are good and everything in you is perfect, I just love the fact that you have your own tone that when we hear in a radio, we can easily identify your voice. 

Both of you are great singers and performers, but I'm gonna go with my gut feeling on this one, on who I think can give more.

IAN27TAY saves Koryn Hawthorne

americanvoice
- *standing ovation* Girls, that was both so good! You really did what you can tonight, I felt both invested on both performances. Addison, this is just a good song choice for you to showcase your vocal masterclass, and your tone. Koryn, you just have so much grit in you when you sing, and you connect to almost every single song you perform.  

I am gonna go with someone who I think gave the fight a little more, and who is capable of fighting against the other artists in the categories.

americanvoice saves Koryn Hawthorne

A-Kid
- Girls! What a performances from the both of ya! I really felt connected to each of your performances tonight. Addison, you've just got this gorgeous tone and phrasing that really stuns me every time you hit into the stage, but, I feel like, out of the girls, I wanna see you step it up even more, I wanna see a huge moment from you. Koryn, you have this certain cool aura in you when you sing, and your tone is really distinctive, however, I felt like you are sometimes a hit or miss to me, which is not good. 

I wanna save the artist that I think excites me more when it comes to performances, I feel like I need to hear more from this artist.

A-Kid saves Koryn Hawthorne

jarmon
- *standing ovation crying to both performances* Can we have them both go through please???! This was soooo good and I just am here crying. I have to say Addison, I have become a huge fan of yours in this competition because of your ability to connect to songs better and convey the emotion perfectly and you did that again tonight. Koryn, I felt this started off so strong but as the performance went on there was a lot of wavering BUT it was such an emotional performance and you were really into the song.

This is a tough call, but I love me a good storyteller, so I will be picking this artist to move forward.

jarmon saves Addison Agen

With a vote of  3-1 from the mentors, the artist that will be one of the representatives of her category for the Live Shows is..

images-37.jpg

KORYN HAWTHORNE!

Commiserations Addison but your journey on this show, ends tonight. Keep inspiring others with your beautiful voice and pure heart and soul, we'll be excited to hear more from you!

Fourth to know their fate is the Final 4 of The Boys category, that I, @anonymouskid_35, mentors. The boys had a really strong week last week, as said by some, but then, they followed it this week with another set of good performances, singing some fresh song choices, that even some of the mentors, did not know. They were praised for showing each of their individuality as an artist. One in particular closed out the night with a huge song from one of the all-time divas, impressing both the mentors and the viewers.

For a recap of the Thursday Night show, please click the link BELOW:

• Like 1

Let us now begin on revealing the fate of each Final 4 Boys. Two of them got the highest votes on their category for this round, and is automatically saved from danger. While, the other two, will have to perform again tonight.

In no particular order, the first boy saved by the viewers, and will be one of the Final 3 of this category is... 

images-20.jpg

Sheldon Riley!

Next artist saved by the viewers and will be joining Sheldon to represent this category and fight it out with the other Final 3 from each categories is...

images-26.jpg

Mo Aderinan!

• Confused 2

It is now down to Noah and Aydan for the last spot in the Final 3 of this category. Each have to give it their best to convince the mentors to save them, as the other mentors will be deciding on who stays and who goes.

1. Noah Mac
     - Song: Elastic Heart (Sia)

2. Aydan Calafiore
     - Song: Pray for Me (The Weeknd)

IAN27TAY
- Okay boys, I'm actually impressed on both of your performances tonight. Noah, you are that one person in class that really stands out everytime, and tonight, you really gave it all, this song is one of my favorites, and you performed it well. Aydan, wow I'm actually shocked that you're in the bottom after that performance, okay, based on your performance tonight you really did great again. 

I have to save on who I think stood out for this round overall.

IAN27TAY saves Aydan Calafiore 

QueenMae
- Okay you know you two are amazing and unique in your own ways. I'm going to get down to it, Noah this wasn't the best performance from you and your tone was really grating and going towards the annoyance lane. I'm sorry, but while the rawness was there, I just don't think it was consistent in connecting to us. Aydan I will say I loved the first half when it was just you and your voice, but the 2nd half you really showcased your energy more.

When it comes down to it, I will save on who I think showcased his voice a little more tonight than the other.

QueenMae saves Aydan Calafiore

americanvoice
- I will say that Aydan, it is a shock to see you here on the bottom, you've just been so consistent. Tonight, you gave yet another jaw dropping performance, that mixed balance between your vocal showcase and your moves is really good. You're really one of the most versatile artist, I've ever seen. Noah, the best quality of yours is the rawness, and that super intriguing quality in your voice, I felt like this song did not showcased your voice that much? But, the thing with you is, you really gave a performance that I liked more than Aydan on Thursday Night, so this is hard.

This is really hard because you two were an entirely different artists and performers. But, when it goes down on who I think is doing better in this competition as a whole, one artist stood out more than the other.

americanvoice saves Aydan Calafiore

jarmon
- Noah, a very unexpected song choice and I am HERE FOR IT! You could tell you really felt what you were singing but I have to say at times I felt your voice was a little too sharp for my ears, but overall a splendid job. Aydan, speaking of unexpected song choices....I would have never expected you to sing this song but you did it justice. You really had me so captivated by this performance and I am loving the diversity you're bringing and I am loving your stage presence.

I am saving the artist that is really born to be in the stage, and is a true performer.

jarmon saves Aydan Calafiore

With a final vote of 4-0 from the mentors, the artist that'll be in the Final 3 of the boys, and will be fighting it out in the next stage of the competition, the Live Shows, is...

images-50.jpg

AYDAN CALAFIORE!

Commiserations Noah, but your time on this show ends tonight. Keep showing the world your God-given talent, and keep making music, as we can see a really good future ahead of you in the music industry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last category's finalists to know their fate is the finalists that closed out the Playoffs, the

Final 4 of The Over 25's category, which is mentored by @jarmon. The overs had an impressive night last week, after delivering huge after huge performances, this week, they've performed yet another strong set of performances, giving it their all to make their bid in the Final 4 of this category. One overs closed out the night with a very emotional performances and song, that left some tearing up after the performance. 

For a recap of Friday Night show, please click the link BELOW:

• Like 1

Let us now begin revealing the results and the fate of the Final 4 Over 25's. They had strong performances last night, but only 2 will be automatically saved, and 1 will be determined via the mentors' vote.

In no particular order, the first artist saved by the IDF community, and had one of the highest votes in this category for this round is..

images-51.jpg

Ali Caldwell!

Last artist that is one of the artists that got the highest votes last night, will be performing again for the Live Shows, and will be one of the representatives for this category is..

images-5.jpg

Angie Miller!

• Like 1

Now, it is down to Kymberli and Amanda for the last sing-off for tonight. Only one of them will be representing the Overs category, and will snatch the final spot in the Final 3 for this category that'll he competing in the Live Shows.

1. Kymberli Joye
     - Song: Big White Room (Jessie J)

2. Amanda Brown
     - Song: How It All Works Out (Faouzia)

• Like 1

IAN27TAY
- Wow, ladies, I'm actually impressed in both of your performances tonight. Amanda, oh my god, song choice is perfect, and you did those runs flawlessly, and I do love your voice. Kymberli, wow, you did justice to this song, and you are hitting those notes like a piece of cake.

This is honestly hard, I want both of you to move forward, but I'll just save the artist I liked more tonight.

IAN27TAY saves Kymberli Joye

QueenMae
 I have to say you two are amazing and powerful, unique, women in your own right. Amanda this I have to say, was such a different vocal from you and felt more emotionally connective than your past performances. I just think it was magical with combining your style to really make it you, also with the powerful vocals too. Kymberli I will say this felt like an attempt at something that should have made you hit the home run. But this was just an attempt I have to say, the execution of this song was a letdown I have to say, I thought I was hearing a buildup for something big but never heard it.

I will pick someone who I think performed tonight through the emotions, and did not try just to impress us.

QueenMae saves Amanda Brown

americanvoice
- *standing ovation* What the heck?! Both performances were so GOOD. Amanda, you've just proven yourself yet once again with such bold and fresh song choice. I really felt what the song you sang is all about, I felt connected to you tonight. Kym, girl, that was such a gorgeous and unbelievably good performance. You have such control on your last performance, and you did it again tonight, I really love the climax part!! 

You both really gave it your all tonight, it's really hard. You both deserve to move on, but I have to save one. I just have to narrow it down to the tiniest details tonight, and I think, there is one artist that surprised me tonight with something new within her that I wanna see more of it.

americanvoice saves Amanda Brown

A-Kid
- *standing ovation and throws a shoe* GIRLS?! You just poured your heart and soul on the stage tonight. Kymberli, mygod, those runs and control you have tonight? It's just incomparable and so special, you also have this kind of vulnerability in your performance tonight which amazes me. The crescendo part though, you betta sing my girl! But, the problem with you, I think is your inconsistency, overall I really think Amanda is more consistent than you on this show. Amanda, this was such an outstanding performance, you just showed a different side of your voice tonight, impressive. But, I feel like tonight, I prefer Kym's performance on the Sing-Offs, and I was actually 50/50 on you since I thought a rock song will do good for you, because it is in your comfort zone, but it did not last night.

I just have to save on who I think is more exciting to watch in the next stage, and who I wanna see more of.

A-Kid saves Amanda Brown

With a vote of 3-1, the final artist that won the Sing-Offs for the Playoffs stage, and will be advancing with Ali and Angie to represent the overs is...

amanda-brown-ftr.jpg

AMANDA BROWN!

Commiserations Kymberli, but your journey on this show ends tonight. Keep chasing your dreams, because you've got one hell of a voice! Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

There ya have it, your Final 3 from each category, overall, the Final 15 artists that'll be competing against each other in the next stage of the competition, the Live Shows!

After some shocking results tonight, our Live Playoffs is finally OVER.

But, as I've said, we have our 2ND TWIST for this show tonight, and that will be..

16TH FINALIST WILDCARD!

Each mentors will pick an ELIMINATED artist in their category. That eliminated artist can be IN ANY ROUNDS, so it can be in the Battles, Playoffs, Judges House, or 8-Chair Challenge. The 5 wildcards will fight it out on Wednesday Night at 8 PM EST for the 16th Slot in the Live Shows

The voting lines will be OPEN for A WEEK. 16th finalist will be revealed right before the Live Shows start. That will give someone from the mentors an edge, as they will have 4 finalists in the Live Shows.

• Like 4

My show will unfortunately be making a 2-Week Hiatus after the Wildcard Show next week. I will be fixing some personal things while gone.

The mechanics and schedule for the Live Shows will be revealed on next week's Saturday Night. Good night IDF!

• Like 1

Reaction to Results

Underdogs- No issues here. Evvie did way better than Zhavia tonight, so I’m glad she got the final spot!!!! 

Groups- Also, no issues. 4th Impact did do a better job than Stereo Kicks tonight, plus they have much more potential for the future! 😀

Girls- No issues again. 😊 It was a close battle between Addison and Koryn though, so I wouldn’t have minded if either one took the last spot. 

Boys- Here’s where I have an issue. 🙁 Mo should not have been part of the top two vote-getters. :/ It should have either been Aydan or Noah... Out of the bottom 2, I preferred Aydan, but I’m sad to see Noah go... 😢

Over 25s- No issues with this category. Amanda completely blew Kymberli out of the water tonight! 😅

TWIST #2A L I S A N  P O R T E R 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 4