Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

NOMINATIONS

Julie Rosenberg

Gavin Whitson

Lauren O'Connell

Lyrsa Torres

Stephanie Johnson

Simone Nguyen

Alan Ball

Ashley Nolan

Jay Starrett

Nick Maiorano

Brad Culpepper

Sherri Biethman

Michael Jefferson

Dan Lembo

Fabio Birza

Kelly Czarnecki

Lyrsa Torres

MV5BNDg3NTM1N2EtZGY2OC00YjNiLWIyNmYtNGM4OGVkNWQ0YWU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI5NjIyMw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Lyrsa had a lot of potential but unfortunately didn't give us as much content as I was hoping. This game's starting to whittle down and I'm beginning to realize I really like a lot of the people left so I'm at a position where it's only lesser faves I have to cut (and a few others here and there I'm not really a fan of). Lyrsa is one of those lesser faves of mine. My main problem with Lyrsa is that she chose Natalie Cole and Angelina as her targets to go to war against. I mean, I get it. Natalie and Angelina aren't the most likable women in the world or the easiest to live with :dead:. But when you attempt to go to war against two goddesses, obviously I'm gonna have to side against you. Early on I was a big fan though. She was on the outs, but had her unlikely bffmance with Elizabeth even though they were complete opposites of each other. Together, they were able to flip the tribe into their favor and pull off the shocking blindside of Jessica. She took a backseat as a character though until her eventual boot right before the merge. She's someone who's just situationally interesting. Obviously #EggsGate is a fun Survivor moment and #JacketGate is an ICONIC Survivor moment and both of those moments included, Lyrsa, but she wasn't a leading lady. She just got mixed up in these difficult situations and was forced to navigate them. She herself is not that interesting, but her circumstances are. Idk I'm kind of rushing this so I can make a second cut lol. Lyrsa's role in the season was great, but there's only so high you can rank if that's all I can say about you.

Save Kelly (who's probably even more irrelevant than Lyrsa oops)

Just now, Alex95 said:

Oops I was just about to make Stephanie as my second save lol. I'll cut and save two randoms again and leave the "bigger players" for everyone else

Save Dan Lembo

Cut Simone

I can cut someone else I really don’t care. I’m just going after GI fodder

Simone Nguyen

110128_09023b-2000.jpg

Unlike Lyrsa, I think Simone is someone who actually is interesting on her own, not just situationally interesting, but only lasted two episodes unfortunately. Simone blew everyone away with her pre-season interviews. She was dorky and a little awkward, but also bright as a bulb and full of lots of personality. Pretty much the makings of a great Survivor contestant. Her awkward nature made her an outcast on the Hustlers tribe though. Her only potential saving grace, was that Patrick was just as awkward as her, possibly even worse. However, Patrick was stronger in challenges and Ali knew Patrick before the show so all those factors led to Simone's early demise. I think HHH, whose endgame was pretty much devoid of personality outside of Chrissy and Lauren, could've been a lot more interesting if Simone was around, but alas it wasn't meant to be. She has all the makings of a great Survivor character, but sadly her time on the show was cut way too short.

Save Stephanie, who also has all the makings of a Survivor great, and also did prove that even if her time was unfortunately cut short

Nick Maiorano

jeff probst | Tumblr

Nick Maiorano is a contestant from Winchele's first season, Kaoh Rong, becoming the first boot of the merge and also being voted out during his first tribal council (:wub: ). Early on, Nick seemed to be oblivious to what was going on around him, not noticing the all-girls alliance forming right under his nose. Nick very well may have been the boot had Beauty lost early on, but their only casualty only came via Caleb's medical evacuation. The tribal switch saw Nick and Michele on the new Chan Loh tribe, where the proceeded to stay safe for the remaining two immunity challenges. After the merge came, Nick managed to win the first immunity challenge, but it was all for naught as Neal was evacuated, cancelling Tribal Council. The following episode, after winning the reward challenge, Nick confronted Julia about her bonding with the rest of the women, which angered Cydney and caused her to actually make said all-female alliance. Ultimately, Nick was blindsided by the women and Joe. After Kaoh Rong, Nick also participated in Survivor Sequester, but was the second person eliminated.

Saving Gavin.

ALAN BALL (Heroes Vs Healers Vs Hustlers)

source.gif

Woof. Honestly, I love HHH as a whole :dead: Many of the pre-mergers are super fun characters and most jury members are memorable in their own right. Alan is one of those pre-mergers who was super fun, but if Simone (and probably Ashley) are going to get cut this round then he might as well go out with them. Alan Ball is the, fun fact, seventh NFL affiliated person to play Survivor. Wow! Amazing stat! Alan was kind of messy in his gameplay and accused Ashley and JP of being a power couple, which kind of blew up in his face. Fortunately for him, his tribe avoided TC and he made it to the tribe swap. Even though he salvaged his relationship with Ashley, he wasn't so lucky when Joe Mena played an idol and blindsided Alan, sending him packing as the fourth boot.  :( Sad for him! He was fun at least and is a hunk.

Saving: Sherri

JAY STARRETT

Jay is a contestant from Survivor: Millennials vs Gen X, and made it pretty far in the game all things considered. He was on the Millennials tribe, and made the classic move of joining a 4-person alliance on a 10-person tribe. It also didn’t help that half of his alliance was FigTails. At least he and Michelle managed to keep the four of them around for a bit, though ymmv will vary on if that’s a good move. Then after the swap, he and Will targeted Michaela for whatever reason and she was eliminated, thereby pissing off several of his prior alliance mates. After the merge, he tended to be in the minority and managed to find a couple of Idols before he was voted out at the start of the finale. I never really cared for him, so out he goes here.

SAVE: Lauren O’Connell

6g4m.gif
Brad Culpepper

I thought this was the Brad from Cook Islands and apparently it isn’t. Oh well, I’ve done it now and can’t be bothered to change since I don’t understand what the f*ck is going on. Brad has appeared on Survivor twice. Cast originally on Blood vs Water with his wife Monica and then Survivor Game Changers. I don’t particularly remember much of his game either time he’s played so this will be a pretty short write up since it wasn’t planned. He did well during the start of his original season and was able to form a tight bond with the guys on his tribe. He then made some questionable moves and this caused his tribe to turn against him and send him to Redemption Island where he was beat by John and Laura.

He returned to play a second season and faired better this time. He won immunity when he needed to but the jury questioned his lack of social game. He ended up as runner-up to Sarah.

Saving Fabio.