Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

LAUREN RIMMER

tumblr_inline_ozikv1qlaB1tseyg2_540.gif

Lauren Rimmer competed on Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers. She was placed on the Hustlers tribe due to her occupation as a fisherman. Lauren seemed to be on the outs initially, but she managed to integrate herself and get her target Patrick voted out at the second tribal council. She once again found herself on the outs after a tribe switch when she was the only Hustler. She formed a bond with sole Hero Ben as the other three tribe members Jessica, Cole, and Mike were Healers. However, they won the next three immunity challenges and made it to the merge. She remained aligned with Ben, later forming an alliance with Devon and Ashley too. She also found an extra vote advantage and half of a hidden immunity idol (she gave the half to Mike). Despite being her ally, she, Ashley, and Devon were ready to turn on Ben. Ben found out, and he exposed her advantages. At that tribal council, Mike threw Lauren’s half idol into the fire. It seemed like Lauren was on the chopping block, but the majority of the votes went to Ben. Unfortunately, Ben played a hidden immunity idol, and his sole vote for Lauren was enough to send her out of the game with her unused extra vote advantage in her pocket. Lauren ended up voting for Ben to win the game. Anyway, sorry to Lauren and any fans, but out she goes from the rankdown.

And I’m saving Elisabeth.

giphy.gif

Edited by Steven_

Missy Byrd

Insert75Byrd.jpg?width=775&height=&crop=

Me doing a control freak cut? More likely thank you think! Glad I'm gonna be the one to cut her because I'm sure she would've just gotten trashed by a lot of other rankers lol. Sexual harassment is such a serious issue that shouldn't be taken lightly and I think it's often forgotten in the narrative of the season that Missy, who did terrible things, is also a victim of Dan's a victim of production's and her role in that whole ugly situation is a lot more nuanced than I've seen it being discussed. While I respect everyone's stance on the situation, I hope you all can respect mine as well.

I'll just rip off the bandaid and go straight to the merge episode. I always found Missy's actions to be that of a desperate player in a game, worried about her safety and looking to save herself. Missy had been sexually harassed by Dan in the pre-merge, there was even a scene in the show where she talks about her experience with her tribe. No matter how you feel about what she did later, you cannot take her status as a victim away from her, and that's important when discussing her actions! So when she makes the merge and meets Kellee for the first time, they bond over their mutual discomfort with Dan, both as victims, and both believe they had a very real and serious bonding moment over it. However, production refuses to intervene despite complaints from multiple cast members so they have to remain in game mode and both women decide to target each other, both correctly seeing each other as the alpha woman of the opposing alliances. The show has harbored such an ill-advised environment that the game comes before anything else. That's a huuuuuuuuge reason why problematic behavior can occur so frequently. So the merge vote is supposed to be Missy vs. Kellee, but Jamal knows they can't get the votes on Missy and convinces his alliance to go back to the decoy gameplan of uniting the tribe to get Dan out. This doesn't benefit Missy as she has the votes against Kellee so she sticks with her plan of voting Kellee out. Every single player on that merge tribe made the vote that they felt was best for their game, ignoring the moral implications behind it, except maybe Janet. Janet's vote was from the goodness of her heart. Everyone else was playing the game based on the tools production gave them.

Now there's of course Missy gaslighting Janet, probably the bigger controversy. It's indefensible and the reason why I feel comfortable cutting her in the mid-200's (otherwise she should easily be top 100). Like I said, she handled the situation poorly, Janet was treated horribly, and Missy was in the wrong. But the conversation just deserves a lot more nuance than it's been given considering the fact that Missy is a victim. It's difficult to acknowledge yourself as a victim of sexual harassment when you are one. I could go on a whole rant about how victims of rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment should be believed even when they come forward years later because there feelings are just as valid and they may have been afraid to admit to themselves and the world what had happened before then, but I trust that all my friends here agree with me about that as well. So while Missy still treated Janet horribly, she gaslighted her, and she minimized her feelings, that's something Missy will have to live with and that's on her. And that's why she loses major points for me as a fan of her (while still sympathizing with what she went through and understanding why she just wanted to ignore the situation with Dan and move on with her life). Anyways I think I covered everything about Missy's role in the Dan situation, but if anyone has any concerns about what I said, feel I am being unfair to Kellee/Janet/any of the victims, or am minimizing Missy's role feel free to call me out or pm me and I'd love to talk about it.

So other than that Dan stuff I obviously loved Missy to death. Missy is such an aggressive player who always plays on the offense, and it's so rare to see that in a woman of color on Survivor. Missy is such an amazing and inspired piece of Survivor casting who doesn't fall into the stereotypes Survivor tries to stick with when it comes to black women. That's why people were so excited to see her and root for her on the show. The pre-merge was run by Missy Byrd, and she did it while being messy and entertaining as all hell. Missy had complete control of the pre-swap. She got all the girls and minorities together to kick Ronnie off first. She also protected Karishma when the men tried turning the vote against her. While I wish Missy stuck with all the women and went for Dean instead of Chelsea, I understand that was more of Elaine & Elizabeth's doing than Missy's. Missy also found herself in a prime position as the swing vote at the swap, building strong relationships with everyone. She was able to stick with her original allies of Aaron, Elizabeth, and Elaine though and had Tommy and Lauren panicking for the first time in the game, which I loved to see as I wasn't a fan of either.

Missy's OTT personality started to get the best of her as she mishandled her relationship with Karishma so horrifically. I love the trainwreck Missy and Karishma duo though. Both are strong characters and personalities who couldn't be more opposite of each other. Missy openly trying to drag Karishma to the end as a pawn, and Karishma being offended over how openly Missy treated her as a goat :dead:. I wish the two of them were forced to stick together against their will even longer than they already were! The scene of Missy trying to keep Karishma on board with the plan to vote Tommy and Karishma's wishy-washy behavior causing Missy to completely self-destruct is one of my favorites. Little did Missy know, she had to worry about Elaine the whole time who made such an asinine move of saving Tommy and taking Missy down (literally right after she lost her partner in Aaron). Lucky for us, Missy left the game just how she played it, on the offense. "You realize now you gotta kill Elaine. Slowly and methodically" is the best possible last words to speak to your friend as you're leaving the game. 

Everything about Missy is such legend material. I love how she wasn't afraid to call Probst out when he ignored the history immunity wins of Missy and Aaron, the first time two black people held individual immunity. She is a black woman who's not afraid to step up, be the leader, and call the shots. She's not afraid to be herself no matter what people say. She plays the game how it should be and does it while being entertaining. It just so happens that an abused was allowed on the season and Missy ended up getting wrapped up in one of the ugliest moments in Survivor history, and while it's not all her fault, she still must take responsibility for some of her actions. Because of that, Missy deserves to fall now in this game, but I'm very content with this placement for her. Smack dab in the middle of the ranking pretty much.

Save Natalie Cole

Edited by Alex95

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Also RIP to the Rimmer! Definitely should've made it a lot further. I really wanted to save her, but I only got one save unfortunately. I wish I had like four for this round though.

I thought I put enough fodder in Groups 1 and 3 that the bigger names would be spared but apparently not :haha:

:( @ the Lauren cut

Also, I appreciate the Missy write up. Besides the horrible gaslighting, she was one of my favorites of her season. I wish production would've stepped in sooner so we wouldn't have such a tainted memory of her.

1 minute ago, sublymonal said:

I thought I put enough fodder in Groups 1 and 3 that the bigger names would be spared but apparently not :haha:

Lol yeah I found your noms to be fair! I was just hoping Steven would've made the opposite decision from what he did!

Just now, hayden98 said:

:( @ the Lauren cut

Also, I appreciate the Missy write up. Besides the horrible gaslighting, she was one of my favorites of her season. I wish production would've stepped in sooner so we wouldn't have such a tainted memory of her.

Thank you! Totally agreed. None of Kellee, Missy, or Elizabeth should've ever been in the position they were in.

• Like 1

Val Collins

val collins | Tumblr

Val Collins is the wife of Jeremy Collins, who won Survivor Cambodia. Val, herself, competed alongside her husband on Survivor San Juan del Sur. Unfortunately for Val, she was sent to Exile Island early on due to losing a duel against Jeremy and this kinda screwed her game over since she lost those crucial first few days of socialization. Val tried forming a girls' alliance to boot Dale Wentworth, but Josh and Baylor suck so we lost Nadiya instead. The following episode saw Jeremy and John Rocker sent to Exile island, where John promised to protect Val. Later on, trying to ensure her safety, Val decided that her best move was to announce that she was in possession of not one, but TWO Immunity Idols. Due to this, John decided to split the vote between Val and Baylor, with Val being eliminated in the revote. This did luckily lead to the glorious downfall of John Rocker (after Jeremy and Natalie #dragged him the following day), so Val's departure wasn't in vain. Since San Juan del Sur, Val has returned to the island twice as Jeremy's loved one. I'm glad that Val has managed to last this long, but this feels like a good spot for her to finish.

Saving Purple Kelly

Julia Carter

latest?cb=20200527183020

I am eliminating her just because she is the only one left I do not know anything about and have no recollection of. Julia was on Survivor - Edge of Extinction and finished 12th out of 18th. Not great as she would be considered and early and pre-merge, pre-jury boot. She did a great job socially creating connections on both tribes, but ultimately, at one of the tribals, she was overthrown and the so called "passengers" voted her out as the minority members pulled an alliance together basically to chop off the head of the leader. I am not sure if she was considered the leader, but this is what it sounds like in her survivor wiki biography. Anyways, I think that is 100 words, bye gurl!

Save: Kellyn for her epic win on Sequester

• Like 1

Tina Scheer

tumblr_m50z19nqte1qz85zio3_250.gifv

Tina is the easiest cut for me to make, as she was the first boot from Survivor: Panama and y’all know I always go on a crusade to get rid of the fodder. She was placed on the Casaya tribe, which initially consisted of the older women before it became the iconic mess that we know and love. They lost the first immunity challenge, and she campaigned for Cirie to be voted out but she became the first boot instead. Tina making it this far as a first boot is impressive, but it’s her time to leave the rankdown now.

SAVING: Kathy Vavrick O’Brien

Edited by *Amanda