Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

Tony playing this game so extremely hard is really fun to see. Kass absolutely having zero f*cks to give. The Sarah blindside is one of the best TCs ever.

Sarah was my winner prediction until the the edit derailed her the episode she went home.

Just now, Deeee said:

Why should either of them rank very high? 👀

Unfortunately IDF doesn't allow photos that rank above PG to be posted.

Look, in all the years that you've known us, is that fact that Aras/Vytas were mine and Andrew's favourites this season in any way surprising? :P

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Unfortunately IDF doesn't allow photos that rank above PG to be posted.

Look, in all the years that you've known us, is that fact that Aras/Vytas were mine and Andrew's favourites this season in any way surprising? :P

No, not at all. LOL. I just could not tell if you were serious or this was just your usual brand of thirsting over white men. :dead:

Just now, Deeee said:

LOL. I just could not tell if you were serious or this was just your usual brand of thirsting over white men. :dead:

Aras was my favourite in Panama (and one of my favourites overall), and I never expected him to return, so I was thrilled to see him back for BvW. I also really liked the storyline they went with with him and Vytas, particularly afterward when both of them talked about how Survivor had helped them mend some aspects of their relationship that they hadn't been able to previously. I don't think either necessarily played one of the better games of the season (though Aras did show some strategic chops even if they ultimately led to his blindside), but on a pure personal ranking of how much we enjoyed the people in the season, they were mine and Andrew's favourites. Though - like you - I really enjoyed most of the relationships and storylines this season. Except for Tyson and Rachel because she was irrelevant and I'm not a Tyson fan in the slightest. I actually prefer the "sequel" season (SJDS) far more; just based off your opinions so far, I think you'll feel the same.

Also fun fact that I didn't know if you were aware of: the reason Candice was the Day 1 boot was because - like you noticed - there were pre-game alliances out the wazoo. RC (from Philippines) and her dad were originally on the cast, but he had a spike in blood pressure while on location, so Candice and John were brought in as last-minute alternates because they were the pair that was the easiest to fill in on such short notice. :dead: Allegedly, it's why the tribes ended up being returnees vs new players. With RC/her dad, it was originally supposed to be 5 "Blood" pairs vs 5 "Water" pairs, but Candice/John (water) replacing RC/her dad (blood) changed that.

36 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Aras was my favourite in Panama (and one of my favourites overall), and I never expected him to return, so I was thrilled to see him back for BvW. I also really liked the storyline they went with with him and Vytas, particularly afterward when both of them talked about how Survivor had helped them mend some aspects of their relationship that they hadn't been able to previously. I don't think either necessarily played one of the better games of the season (though Aras did show some strategic chops even if they ultimately led to his blindside), but on a pure personal ranking of how much we enjoyed the people in the season, they were mine and Andrew's favourites. Though - like you - I really enjoyed most of the relationships and storylines this season. Except for Tyson and Rachel because she was irrelevant and I'm not a Tyson fan in the slightest. I actually prefer the "sequel" season (SJDS) far more; just based off your opinions so far, I think you'll feel the same.

Also fun fact that I didn't know if you were aware of: the reason Candice was the Day 1 boot was because - like you noticed - there were pre-game alliances out the wazoo. RC (from Philippines) and her dad were originally on the cast, but he had a spike in blood pressure while on location, so Candice and John were brought in as last-minute alternates because they were the pair that was the easiest to fill in on such short notice. :dead: Allegedly, it's why the tribes ended up being returnees vs new players. With RC/her dad, it was originally supposed to be 5 "Blood" pairs vs 5 "Water" pairs, but Candice/John (water) replacing RC/her dad (blood) changed that.

Aras in Panama is an incredible contestant. Aras in Blood vs. Water is almost non-existent. Even with the very dark storyline that existed between him and Vytas. I just feel like the storyline never really went anywhere. There was obviously competition between them and many years of resentment, but it always got chalked up to "we love each other at the end of the day." Of course. But it made for boring television because the storyline could never go anywhere. Especially given how closely the two worked together in the game. Aras showed strategic chops and was seemingly the biggest threat in the game, but was never the center of attention.

SJDS is when I meet Natalie Anderson, right? Very excited to meet her!

Ahhh yes juicy tea! Love it. Sucks that RC did not get a second chance to compete, but happy that Candice/John happened since they got sh*t popping at RI. Essentially, she was booted for not being part of any of the pre-game alliances. Got it.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

The way she got played was absolutely hilarious. I knew she was doomed, she was way too overconfident.

Yea over confidence at its finest.  

Sarah is still an absolute legend

Edited by Solaris

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Yea over confidence at its finest.  

Sarah is still an absolute legend

it's funny cause her Cagayan appearance was her most fun by a mile

But the gameplay she displayed in her latter appearances is among the best of all-time

Just now, .Rei said:

But the gameplay she displayed in her latter appearances is among the best of all-time

agreed.  I loved seeing her blindside in Cagayan, iconic.  

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

And way too trusting of Tony. Funnily enough, how anybody trusts Tony is beyond me considering he comes across like a slimy guy! LOL

Sarah and Tonys game relationship as a whole throughout survivor history (that hopefully you'll get to see in later seasons), its something to watch.  

5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

She didn't have herself and Tony spit on her face so she could stick dirt on it to sneak into the opposing tribe's camp in a later season for this slander!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, .Rei said:

You mean the gameplay that was left on the cutting room floor because the producers refused to edit a female winner as a villain? :/

Edited by Elliott