Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

Tony is not Russell at all for the simple fact that Tony won and Russell didn't. That's the most important thing about both of them. People still like Tony, he has strong relationships with all his castmates to this day. No one likes Russell. Tony didn't go out of his way to mock people, he just played the game hard.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex95 said:

Tony is not Russell at all for the simple fact that Tony won and Russell didn't. That's the most important thing about both of them. People still like Tony, he has strong relationships with all his castmates to this day. No one likes Russell. Tony didn't go out of his way to mock people, he just played the game hard.

I mean, I said the same things in the write-up. He isn't Russell because Russell lost and was socially inept. LOL. I also said that Tony had strong relationships with most of his cast mates. By the reunion it seemed he was close with everybody besides Sarah. My issue is that the edit did absolutely everything to paint him as the most untrustworthy player, but did nothing in the way of showing him building his relationships. The edit felt very lopsided in that way.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

How is Tony slimier than Russell? Tony just built dumbass spy shacks and spoke llama to people. Russell literally burned socks and pretended he lost his house to Hurricane Katrina...?

I guess I always just felt like Russell was putting on an act for television. That is just how I interpreted him while on the show. Tony just gives me slimy guy vibes and I found him pretty douchey. I totally forgot about the Hurricane Katrina moment though. Most of my memory of Samoa is repressed. LOL.

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I mean, I said the same things in the write-up. He isn't Russell because Russell lost and was socially inept. LOL. I also said that Tony had strong relationships with most of his cast mates. By the reunion it seemed he was close with everybody besides Sarah. My issue is that the edit did absolutely everything to paint him as the most untrustworthy player, but did nothing in the way of showing him building his relationships. The edit felt very lopsided in that way.

I suppose that's fair. I just think the Russell comparisons as far as personality are completely off-base. Both have extremely overbearing edits and rely on their strategic games to get ahead. But by all accounts, Tony is 100x a better person than Russell, and look no further than the jury votes to prove that.

• Like 1

I suppose that's fair. I just think the Russell comparisons as far as personality are completely off-base. Both have extremely overbearing edits and rely on their strategic games to get ahead. But by all accounts, Tony is 100x a better person than Russell, and look no further than the jury votes to prove that.

I could understand seeing their personalities as different. Even I mentioned that there were many Tony moments that I considered stan-worthy. Him receiving nearly every single vote while Russell could not muster up more than two total across his two final appearances speaks volumes on the impact Russell's behavior had on his fellow players versus Tony's impact. For sure. I just see a ton of similarities in the gameplay, the showboating, the overbearing edits, etc. I think I just found Tony more genuine, which is why his moments of buffoonery were more bothersome than Russell's - who I could not take seriously at all. 

Totally forgot about the Hurricane Katrina moment which is reprehensible. 

12 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

And holding the Super Idol (that barely came into play) against Tony but ranking Yul first. Hmmmmmmmm

Which even Tyler Perry himself says was meant for Spencer and Tasha to find but Tony got it first :dead:

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I think I just found Tony more genuine, which is why his moments of buffoonery were more bothersome than Russell's - who I could not take seriously at all. 

Well someone's gonna enjoy the first two episodes of Game Changers A LOT

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I'm printing the Kass writeup out to hang on my wall tho.

With the Spencer dragging hanging above it.

UGH YES. So glad you enjoyed these write-ups. Genuinely baffled by Probst stunning Spencer so hard. 

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

UGH YES. So glad you enjoyed these write-ups. Genuinely baffled by Probst stunning Spencer so hard. 

You shouldn't be. He's a straight white dude who talked about The Game a lot and thought he was smarter than everyone. Literally right up Probst's alley.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

You shouldn't be. He's a straight white dude who talked about The Game a lot and thought he was smarter than everyone. Literally right up Probst's alley.

For sure. The moment at the reunion where he handed him the letter absolutely made me want to barf.