CHRIS: 15

DEREK: 15

NICO: 15

PUBLIC: 18
MEGAN: 19

DENISE: 23

KALEY: 24

ALEX

Mike Wazoski is kind of a meme for me lol. I think it's hilarious that he's here in this endgame! Y'know who Mike Wazowski's rival is? Roz! So it's almost like Roz is here! Roz! Did! That! Anyways onto Mike. He's not better than most of the people I ranked below him. But maybe he'll be able to crawl out of last place with this ranking right now idk. I'm not trying to be shady because I do love Mike! I think he's a really funny character. I always appreciate someone who's always the butt of the joke. With the logo in front of him in the commercial, Mike always having to get hurt to make Boo laugh, Mike's stunning rendition of "Put that thing back where it came from, or so help me!", etc. So many amazing moments courtesy of Mike Wazowski. I think this endgame needed a few random characters in the endgame so I'm glad Mike is here to represent them well.

VICTORIA

200.gif

The wrong character from Monsters, Inc. made the finals. You had James P. Sullivan and Boo right there and we let Mike Wazowski slip through. I love Mike but I just prefer those two other characters way more. Mike Wazowski is the deuteragonist of Disney/Pixar's Monsters, Inc. He is an employee of Monsters, Incorporated where he works with his best friend Sulley. Boo, a child, escapes from the real world and Mike and Sulley must find a way to return Boo to the real world. Mike is the funnier of the two but I still don't think he is worthy of the finals imo. Mike Wazowski is the protagonist of its 2013 prequel, Monsters University which we didn't ask for.

DEE

FixedHeartyAustraliancurlew-size_restric

Unabashedly love Mike Wazowski. The hilarious physical appearance mixed with his clever, smooth, comical nature just does it for me. Maybe I really like Billy Crystal? There is nothing super deep or amazing about Mike. Everything about his character is really straightforward. But he is just so funny and good-natured, he really just brings a lot of light to his movies that I appreciate. 

His interactions with Roz and Celia are incredible. Top-tier Disney comedy writing. 

"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!" 

Comedy gold!

My appreciation for Pixar and the Monsters, Inc. franchise knows no bounds. Mike Wazowski being a finalist is not something I would have predicted, but I am so happy for his random inclusion.

CHRIS

Vqou3YB.gif

A character from "Monsters Inc.", Mike Wazowski is far from being my favourite from the movie - I would have preferred to have Boo or Sulley in the end game of this rankdown. But overall, he's a fun character & I love his friendship with Sulley, especially their relationship with Boo. I would even say that I prefer Mike Wazowski's girlfriend more than I prefer him. In other words, I love Monsters Inc. but I don't really care for Mike Wazowski hence why he finds himself at #15 on my ranking which is where I would like to see him rank in this rankdown, but wouldn't be surprised if he ranks a bit higher as I don't think he's a character that any of us dislike.

DEREK

Monsters_Inc.JPG220px-Monsters_University_poster_3.jpg

From the movies Monsters, Inc. (2001) and Monsters University (2013)

Billy-Crystal-Headshot-Steve-Schofield-1-e1528120044464.jpg

Voiced by Billy Crystal (b. 1948)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Crystal 

9-time host of the Academy Awards show

6-time Primetime Emmy Award winner

Tony Award winner

Grammy and Golden Globe nominee

Honored as a Disney Legend in 2013

Everyone loves Mike! Everyone loves Monsters, Inc.! I could have lived with both Mike and Sulley in the Top 25. I also could have lived with just Sulley in the Top 25, but I must admit that Mike is my favorite between the two. He's so lovable and hilarious throughout the movie. His enthusiasm and outbursts and how excited he is to be blocked out of that magazine cover hahaha. Billy Crystal is obviously a legend and makes for a fantastic character voice. I love how in the end, Mike becomes the lead and Sulley becomes the assistant. Such a great movie. 

I think I've said this before, but Monsters University was such a strange follow-up to Monsters, Inc. for me. The end of Monster's Inc. sets up a whole new world order for monsters and ends with that sweet moment of Sulley seeing Boo again. And then we go to a prequel where we are worried about screams instead of laughs again? What? I think they are making a Monsters, Inc. TV show Disney+ or something, so hopefully that shows a satisfying progression of this monster world.

NICO

Clown meme king. While I like Monsters Inc a ton, I’m not sure how I would rank Sully and Mike tbh. But at least one of them made it here and the movie deserves the representation, so I’m glad it happened. It’s kinda tough speak about one without the other but I will do my best. As much as I think they are defined by their partnership, Mike is also a great character on his own, being a fantastic comedic relief for the movie, but also showing a ton of support to Sully during the Boo situation, proving that he’s a caring friend.

MEGAN

Sully > Mike but I like Monsters Inc. more than I like Aladdin and The Lion King so I ranked him higher than the previous four characters in my ranking. I write this not knowing where people are going to rank Mike and he's probably going to end up lower than them so I guess #Spoilers for my ranking. Anyway, Mike Wazowski is so Billy Crystal in the way that Genie is quintessentially Robin Williams.

DENISE

bSavvhf.gif

Monsters, Inc. is not a favorite movie of mine and I actually considered cutting Mike in the final cuts because of that and because I don't have strong feelings for him in general.  I feel like he's a pretty harmless addition to the finals though, as I don't believe anyone really hates him or is obsessed with him, but we shall see. :haha:  I do like Mike though. He's part of the memorable duo of Mike and Sulley, and he is smart, caring, and a good friend. He is also known as "Googly-Bear", by his girlfriend, Celia Mae, so that's a fun little fact. :giggle: Regardless of my (lack of) feelings on him and the movie, still think Monsters, Inc. deserves some representation and he's a fine choice, even if I prefer Sulley.

KALEY

200.gif

I watched this movie again fairly recently, and I must say that in retrospect Sully is the better character so I feel bad that he's the one I nominated. Mike has a lot of fun comedic lines throughout the movie, and is still a really strong character. Even though I know the ranking is for both Disney and Pixar films, I find myself instinctively loving the Disney characters so much more for the most part.

Edited by Steven_

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

ALEX

Mike Wazoski is kind of a meme for me lol. I think it's hilarious that he's here in this endgame! Y'know who Mike Wazowski's rival is? Roz! So it's almost like Roz is here! Roz! Did! That! Anyways onto Mike. He's not better than most of the people I ranked below him. But maybe he'll be able to crawl out of last place with this ranking right now idk. 

Roz did that and Alex did that. :giggle: No last place for Mike! 

21 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Mike Wazowski is here for Monsters Inc and Monsters Inc alone.

Yeah, I think I’ll just mention their first movie. I don’t want to set a precedent that requires me to mention each sequel for the characters in multiple movies.