Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

FRIEND OWL

tumblr_lykvqsu1lH1qbj7h5o1_r2_400.gifv

First of all, these nominations were a choice. Second of all, I am cutting Friend Owl from the movie Bambi which is a movie that I never cared for - it bores me to death. Anyway, who is Friend Owl? He is the first character introduced in Bambi - he is a owl that is known by alll the residents but he's very close with Bambi's family. While he has a grumpy attitude, he can be cheerful at time - his last favourite season is Spring. His biggest contribution to the movie is singing a song, being mad when he's awaken by birds who sings a song with the word gay in it, and explaining what twitterpated means. Anyway, he's a character nobody cares for even the fans of the movie so he's eliminated from the rankdown.

SAVING: CINDERELLA

MADAME ADELAIDE BONFAMILLE

source.gif

Madame Adelaide Bonfamille is getting cut as I chose one random name from the list, and I liked that her last name essentially means "Good family". But who is she though? She is from the movie Aristocats, you know the movie about cats? Yeah, that one. She is extremely wealthy and she's essentially socialite - her friends are her family. She loves her cats and she is oblivious to her butler's plan. And in the movie, she wants to prepare her will which would force her butler to take care of her cats when she dies - he makes a plan where the cats disappear and it makes her sad. She decided to adopt someone at the end of the movie, and she also starts a foundation for alley cats. In other words, she's a minor character from the movie and not that important as the movie is about the CATS. 

SAVING: TINKER BELL

Bambi's Mother

tBWHiS.gif

I have never been a big fan of the movie Bambi but the scene where Bambi's mother dies has always been the most captivating and interesting part of the movie for me. She doesn't have an official name as her name is actually Bamb's mother. No name required. Bambi's mother was a deer living in the forest, duh. She mated with the Great Prince of the Forest and they had a son named, Bambi. When I was a kid I thought Bambi was a girl. :dead: The Great Prince of the Forest was not included in this rankdown for reasons I don't know why but Bambi's mother beat him in that aspect as she should. He was a deadbeat up until she was killed. She raised Bambi and taught him about the forest. She is killed by a hunter halfway through the movie and that is is widely regarded as one of the most shocking and significant moments in cinematic history. I know it messed me up and for a lot of children it introduced the concept of your parent dying in way that has not been seen before. I don't take pleasure in taking her out of this rankdown but I wasn't left with much option. She appears to Bambi in a dream in Bambi II so that's nice that she is mentioned and not just forgotten.

Saving: Mickey Mouse

Wheezy

Toy Story 2 Party GIF by Disney - Find & Share on GIPHY

From the movie Toy Story 2 (1999)

515?cb=20160603134441

Voiced by artist, writer, etc. etc. Joe Ranft (1960-2005)

Check out his awesome resume:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Ranft

JoeRanft.jpg

Wheezy first appeared in Toy Story 2. We meet him when Woody tears his arm and Andy's mom puts him on a high shelf saying "oh I'll fix that toy later" or something. Wheezy is up there, one of Andy's old favorite toys that he got after the events of the first movie, but we find out that Wheezy broke his squeaker and got put on the shelf to be "fixed" but it never happened and he's been up there since. Kind of tragic. Wheezy, just jump off the shelf, I don't get why you were stuck up there. You're a toy, you're not going to die. Anyway, then Toy Story supervillain Andy's Mom starts gathering things for a yard sale, and Wheezy is scared (and correct) that he will be put for sale. The toys save Wheezy from being sold, but that's when Woody gets lost and the real plot of the movie starts. At the end of the movie we see Wheezy with a fixed squeaker and he sings a song. Wheezy makes a brief appearance in Toy Story 3 in a home video. However, the voice actor passed away so we learn in dialogue that Wheezy had been sold at a yard sale along with Etch-a-Sketch and Bo Peep between the events of the 2nd movie and the 3rd. Kind of negates the plotline of the 2nd movie, but it's a tough situation. 

Save: Aurora

Edited by FrogLenzen

Ducky & Bunny

giphy.gif

Another cut I was not dying to make but I figured since they are recently new being introduced in 2019 people would have least of an attachment to them even though they are freaking hilarious and the standout of Toy Story 4 tbh. They aren't main characters in the Toy Story saga so I hope this cut doesn't upset anyone. Ducky and Bunny are described as being supporting characters in the Disney/Pixar animated film, Toy Story 4. They are a duck and bunny plush toys who live out their days at a carnival as prizes. Being carnival toys they have always long to be won and have a kid to call their owner. They team up with Buzz after fighting with him at first because Buzz was taking all their shine. 🤣 They eventually find their owner in Bonnie so they got a good ending and what they finally wanted. Ducky and Bunny are a dynamic and hilarious duo but out of this rankdown they go.

Saving: Peter Pan

Sergeant

Toy Story Binos GIF - ToyStory Binos Looking - Discover & Share GIFs

From Toy Story 1, 2, 3 (1995, 1999, 2010)

Toy Story Trilogy | Toy Story | Know Your Meme

Voice by R. Lee Ermey (1944-2018)

RLeeErmeyCrop.jpeg

Sarge is a toy soldier from the Toy Story Saga. Sarge is one of Andy's toys that actually exists in real life. Many many children had green army men growing up as toys. In the movie Sarge doesn't have a huge personality or anything... his role is the leader of the army men and they appear when the toys need to execute some operation or mission or something usually. I think they also help with reconnaissance since they are so small and can go unnoticed. They follow orders from Woody mostly, and don't have a lot of scenes where they develop their character. At the end of the third movie, the remaining army men live happily ever after at Sunnyside Daycare under the leadership of Barbie and Ken. I don't believe they appear in Toy Story 4, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Save: Snow White

Edited by FrogLenzen

Prince Charming

Cinderella3_0364.jpg

Why is this literally the scariest picture I have ever seen in my life? Also literally what is his name? Can you believe how uncreative Disney used to be, very yikes. Prince Charming is looking to fall in love I guess idk. He has a ball and he dances with a girl and suddenly he's loving. That's called being horny bro. Nevertheless she runs away from him and for some reason he didn't get the hint that she didn't want to be with him. She ghosted you! It happens! But this motherf*cker kicked down every door searching for her. He eventually finds her, and she feels pressured to go off with him because she is surrounded by his guards and she might get murdered. I mean I don't even think he's 100% sure it's her, she just has the same shoe size as the girl he danced with. Umm...okay? A tragic character, but Into the Woods does a damn good job making fun of him.

Save Captain Hook

Emperor Zurg 

310?cb=20181126205610

I don't remember if I nominated Emperor Zurg last time, but I know I considered him, so that makes him stand out among the options to cut, while I save a literal queen, icon, and Disney legend in Minnie Mouse, my favorite as a little girl. :wub:  Emperor Zurg is best known for his role in Toy Story 2, although he is also mentioned in the first film. He is the sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance, and Buzz Lightyear's archenemy. Zurg appears in Toy Story 2 in two different forms: the first being in the opening sequence, where he tracks Buzz's location through his control room's fortress. He also later appears as an image on a game manual that Rex reads. I'm not sure why that is relevant other than for more screen time, so congratulations to Zurg's agent.  More memorably, his action figure is released in Al's Toy Barn by Buzz, and like Buzz before him, he believes that he is real and not a toy. There is a battle between a Buzz Lightyear clone and Zurg on top of an elevator, where Zurg uses his "Ion Blaster" (Nerf ball gun), and then claims to be Buzz Lightyear's father. Rex unintentionally knocks Zurg off the elevator with his tail, which saddens fake Buzz because he lost his dad. But then I guess he didn't really, because there is happy ending where Zurg and fake Buzz play catch and spend quality time together, so yay.

Saving: Minnie Mouse

tenor.gif

Going to figure out my second save/cut soon, but I believe this is what's left: 

Diablo (SLEEPING BEAUTY)
Grand Pabbie (FROZEN)
Hugo (THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME)
John Smith (POCAHONTAS)
Laverne (THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME)
Mr. Smee (PETER PAN)
Percy (POCAHONTAS)
Prince Eric (THE LITTLE MERMAID)

The Emperor (MULAN)
The Magic Mirror (SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS)
The Sultan (ALADDIN)
Victor (THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME)

Victor

d-victor-24.png

Cutting a Hunchback of Notre Dame character breaks my heart. It is one of my favorite Disney movies ever. However, the weak part of the movie were the gargoyles. It's such a dark and complex movie, some obnoxious talking gargoyles popping up every once in a while really took me out of the movie. They're inconsistent with the tone of the film and just don't belong. I guess they had to make the movie appealing to children in some way, but this certainly was not the way! Victor is the voice of reason amongst the gargoyles apparently. Victor's a bit more cowardly and less likely to be fighting. He lets Frollo walk all over him which is disappointing. He lets his anxiety take over which, honestly, #relatable, but I'm still cutting him and I urge other rankers to cut the other two gargoyles as well (and then let the rest of the characters skate by to the end).

Save Smee

The Emperor

6oF3ygu.png?2

I didn't really know who else to cut, so I'll just go with The Emperor to have a theme of Emperor cuts this round. :haha:  The Emperor is the Emperor of China who appears in Mulan. He is a wise man, who gives orders to protect the people of China when there are threats of an invasion. It is under his orders that conscription notices are distributed to every family in China, requiring one man from each family to serve in the army, which essentially sets the plot in motion. The Emperor is captured near the end of the movie by Shan Yu, and Mulan and Shang go on a rescue mission to save him. He is able to escape, although criticizes Mulan for impersonating a solider, damaging his palace, and MORE, despite her saving his life. (!)  He does end up thanking her for that as well, and bows to show her honor. Although he offers Mulan a position on his council, Mulan declines because she'd rather be with her family. The Emperor then gifts her the crest around his neck and the sword of Shan Yu.  The Emperor plays a role in moving the storyline along, but is not a huge character in himself, so I think it is an okay cut to make here.

Saving: Prince Eric

12da51c0-3472-0133-09f4-0e76e5725d9d.gif