idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

It was a joke, but since you posted nominations one second before me, I had to delete it. :dead: 

Save

12. Mirage (THE INCREDIBLES)

13. Evelyn Deavor (INCREDIBLES 2)

Cut

24. Dean Hardscrabble (MONSTERS UNIVERSITY)

25. Johnny Worthington (MONSTERS UNIVERSITY)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somebody also save Voyd. I want to cut her later when it's more fitting for her so I can write about how my dream came true when Sophia Bush played a lesbian in a netflix show LOL

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Somebody also save Voyd. I want to cut her later when it's more fitting for her so I can write about how my dream came true when Sophia Bush played a lesbian in a netflix show LOL

Do you object to me cutting Frozen queen...?

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Do you object to me cutting Frozen queen...?

LOL as long as you mention how she's played by Evan Rachel Wood Bisexual (her full legal name I assume) it's fine. :haha:

Just now, totes4totes said:

LOL as long as you mention how she's played by Evan Rachel Wood Bisexual (her full legal name I assume) it's fine. :haha:

Full House Ok GIF

• Like 1

Cut Queen Iduna Menzul

Cut Peg

Save Clarabelle

Save Archimedes

tumblr_oxqq1bfXzw1rxtfu5o2_400.gifv

Dean Hardscrabble

I will admit that Dean Hardscrabble is probably the coolest character design of all the original characters in Monsters U and I love that she is voiced by the INCREDIBLE Helen Mirren but I didn't even remember her in Monsters U (because even though I saw that movie in theaters with friends, I don't remember much about the plot) and that's why I'm cutting her now. Dean Hardscrabble is the no-nonsense headmaster of Monsters U and as such is kind of the antagonist to Mike and Sully (if there really is an antagonist in this movie) but really she just has appropriately high standards for her students and doesn't really like when they don't achieve them. WHICH IS FAIR. I EARNED A TEACHING AND MENTORING AWARD SO I NOW HAVE AUTHORITY ON TEACHING AND MENTORING. Anyway, for unfortunately being a part of one of Pixar's least memorable movies, out she goes!

Saving: Mirage who is HOT

LavishSmoggyBeauceron-size_restricted.gi

Johnny Worthington (MONSTERS UNIVERSITY)

Another character from Monsters U that I don't remember! And unlike with Dean Hardscrabble I don't remember who he is even after I looked at this gif! He is actually the main antagonist of Monsters U and is a total dick. But you can tell that from the gif! I mean look at him! I mean that's actually some good animation and also deeply telling for the frat bro jerk stereotype that you know exactly who this character is from the like 2 second gif. Anyway, he's the top scare student at the university, president of the prestigious ROR frat, and hates Oozma Kappa! What a jerk! I hate him!

Saving: Evelyn Deavor WHO IS HOT

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Thank you @totes4totes for saving the Incredibles lesbians.

Lesbians? Is every female in Disney a lesbian to you guys? :dead: I just nominate based on characters not gender or sexuality. I don't hate lesbians, I swear. 😢

20 minutes ago, miss denise said:

It was a joke, but since you posted nominations one second before me, I had to delete it. :dead: 

secret latoya jackson GIF

The evidence is gone. 🕵️‍♀️

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Lesbians? Is every female in Disney a lesbian to you guys? :dead: I just nominate based on characters not gender or sexuality. I don't hate lesbians, I swear. 😢

LOL not every female in Disney is a lesbian. Only some

I mean:

tumblr_ph17ms8HAh1qhza9ho2_250.gifv

And 

tumblr_ph0n1gdsri1qf5hjqo7_540.gifv

Both have CLASSIC gay haircuts and an obsession with the hot Elastigirl. So.

But most Disney women are straight. Some just have intense WLW energy. Particularly in Incredibles 2. :haha: Or Frozen 2. :haha:

6 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

The only lesbian I know is from Onward. :dead:

i know there is a single actual confirmed lesbian character in all of disney/pixar but because of the dearth of arguably the most popular media company in the entire world (especially if you encompass marvel and star wars) then it's easy for people who are queer to attach sexualities to characters who have classic queer coding even if it's not explicit. in the case of a character like elsa she's like one of three disney princesses who don't have an explicit male love interest and a lot of her songs (like "Let It Go" in the first movie) can easily be read as letting go of people's expectations and embracing who you truly are LIKE A LESBIAN. if that makes sense. it's also why a lot of gay men and queer people also read a lot of the disney villains (especially hades, scar, and jafar) as gay as well because they are essentially queer-coded even if it's never explicit. 

Peg

Disney's live-action Lady and the Tramp adaptation casts Moonlight ...

From the movie Lady and the Tramp (1955)

Lady and the Tramp Movie Poster (#7 of 7) - IMP Awards

Voiced by and apparently design inspired by singer Peggy Lee (1920-2002)

Peggy Lee 100' Centennial Celebration Launches With New Compilation

Peg is one of the pound dogs that Lady meets when she is caught by the dogcatcher. Fun fact, Peggy Lee also voices Darling, the human woman owner of Lady in the movie. Fun fun fact, Peggy Lee also voices Si & Am, the two Siamese cats! Peg sings a song in the movie, which makes sense since the voice actress is an accomplished singer. When Lady is in the pound, she learns more about Tramp and Peg sings a song about him. Peg kind of implies that she's hooked up with Tramp before and has feelings for him. Because he's a tramp. So odd how that word has evolved meaning over time lol. But this write-up is about SI & AM the vaguely racist cats who sing the ICONIC "We Are Siamese" song, AKA the only thing that anyone ever remembers from the movie except for the spaghetti kiss scene. Si and Am are legendary and we will pretend they were in the rankdown and that I cut them here ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE RACIST. 

Save: Clarabelle

Goofy and Clarabelle | Clarabelle cow, Goofy pictures, Goofy

Queen Iduna

young iduna | Tumblr

From the Frozen series (2013, 2019)

516?cb=20160606223222515?cb=20190930163128

Voiced by Jennifer Lee in the first movie (writer/director of Frozen and a bunch of other Disney films)

Jennifer Lee | Disney Wiki | Fandom

Voiced by Evan Rachel Wood Bisexual in the second movie

Evan Rachel Wood Opened Up About Self-Harm In A Candid Post ...

Queen Iduna, full name Iduna Adele Dazeem Menzul, is Elsa and Anna's mother from the Frozen series. CLASSIC DISNEY PARENT in that she dies early in the movie. HOW SAD. Iduna is the Queen of Arendelle, married to King Agnarr. She doesn't have a whole lot of characterization in the first movie. She's the concerned mother who is concerned when Anna gets injured by Elsa and is concerned while Elsa grows up and tries to control her abilities. Lots of concern here. She dies on a sea voyage with King Agnarr. Can we talk about how questionable it is to have them both go on a sea voyage together? Honestly neither should be on any voyages at all, let alone on the same dangerous one in the same vehicle. Oh well. In the second movie, we learn much more about Iduna and get to see scenes of her childhood, learn about her family, and we learn more about why the King and Queen went on that voyage in the first place. 

Save: Merlin's owl, Archimedes

Archimedes Disney GIFs | Tenor

Save Voyd and Riley's Parents

Cut Monstro and Mittens

Monstro

MonstroStomach.png

F*ck Monstro! The amount of meltdowns I had as a kid attempting to navigate Monstro in Kingdom Hearts...far too many. Oh wait I'm writing about a Disney characters. Umm, Monstro is a whale. He eats Gepetto at some point when Gepetto tries to save Pinocchio whose being an idiot. Pinocchio goes to rescue Gepetto and gets eaten too, how tragic. They escape from Monstro when Pinocchio makes him sneeze them all out. Monstro goes chasing after them, but they outsmart him and beat him. Happy ending for all! Except me! Because they throw this level into Kingdom Hearts and the map is preposterous. You go through one door and you're back at the beginning! Then you fall off a ledge and you have to climb back up. And Riku's being an absolute f*cking idiot and impossible to reason with. Ughhhhhhhh! Oh yeah...Monstro. Well that's all he did in the film so I guess I'm good.

Save Voyd

36 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i know there is a single actual confirmed lesbian character in all of disney/pixar but because of the dearth of arguably the most popular media company in the entire world (especially if you encompass marvel and star wars) then it's easy for people who are queer to attach sexualities to characters who have classic queer coding even if it's not explicit. in the case of a character like elsa she's like one of three disney princesses who don't have an explicit male love interest and a lot of her songs (like "Let It Go" in the first movie) can easily be read as letting go of people's expectations and embracing who you truly are LIKE A LESBIAN. if that makes sense. it's also why a lot of gay men and queer people also read a lot of the disney villains (especially hades, scar, and jafar) as gay as well because they are essentially queer-coded even if it's never explicit. 

This makes sense. I knew about the mail villains but didn’t know about the females. I know people have said Elsa was a lesbian and people were outraged because they thought it was going to be “official” in Frozen II. Love is love imo. But I see the point you’re making. 😘

Mittens

Mittens.png

Truthfully I tried cutting like five different characters first that I don't know, but they're Disney wiki pages were far too long for me to read so I settled on Mittens who has a very short page. Mittens lives on the streets and knows them well. Bolt runs into Mittens and Mittens kinda shows Bolt the ropes I guess of living on the streets. Mittens joins him on his quest to find Penny (whoever the hell that is). She has a #tragicbackstory of being declawed and abandoned. A Jessie from Toy Story 2 tea. Mittens thinks Bolt is wasting his time searching down Penny because she pretty much thinks all humans are evil. Omg tea! However, Penny ends up adopting Mittens so she realizes that some humans aren't evil after all. She's a fan favorite amongst her commenters on the Disney Wiki page so I guess this was a controversial cut, my b.

Save Riley's DILF (and her mother)