Disney Characters Rankdown

Remaining: 

Diablo (SLEEPING BEAUTY)
Grand Pabbie (FROZEN)
Hugo (THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME)
John Smith (POCAHONTAS)
Laverne (THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME)
Percy (POCAHONTAS)
The Magic Mirror (SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS)
The Sultan (ALADDIN)

• Thanks 1

Alex nailed what I don't like about the gargoyles. Normally I'm all about Disney comic relief side characters, but that movie is shooting for such a dark/different tone, that they just feel jarring. Like, the goat does that job way better lmao

19 minutes ago, NGM said:

Alex nailed what I don't like about the gargoyles. Normally I'm all about Disney comic relief side characters, but that movie is shooting for such a dark/different tone, that they just feel jarring. Like, the goat does that job way better lmao

Agree!

Save The Sultan + Grand Pabbie

Cut Percy + Magic Mirror

Percy (Pocahontas)

tenor.gif

Percy is a cute little pug! He is the spoiled dog of Governor Ratcliffe and lives a better life than I do! Carousel of dog biscuits. His own personal tub. A personal caretaker in Wiggins. He eats cherries when he bathes. Percy is groomed by Wiggins. He even turns his nose up at half-eaten chicken. Basically he is living the life. Most of his screetime focuses on his feud with Meeko the Raccoon, who loves to steal his cherries and biscuits. This eventually leads to Percy chasing Meeko around and getting stuck in a log for a very long time. When he finally removes himself from the log, he encounters Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas, Flit, Meeko, and John Smith. When he tries to chase Meeko some more, Grandmother Willow scolds him and causes him to faint.

Over time, Percy begins to align with Pocahontas + co., and is saddened upon seeing John Smith captured. Meeko comforts Percy, and the two are finally friends. Percy even joins Meeko in traveling to the village. He comforts Pocahontas. He is now a good boy. At the end of the film, Percy is seen in full Native garb and even allows John Smith to pet him.

Cute character, some fun scenes, but a perfectly fair elimination.

SAVING: The Sultan

Magic Mirror (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

giphy.gif

"What wouldst thou know, my Queen?"

Magic Mirror is truthful always. May we always remember the Magic Mirror for being a virtuous mirror.

I like to think my mirror is lying to me when I look in it and talk to myself. 🙂

Not this mirror though. Though not much is known of the mirror, we do know that its sole purpose is to serve its owner. And this mirror is too nice, since it puts up with The Evil Queen waking up every morning and asking the Slave in the Mirror the same damn question. What a patient mirror. 

The Mirror resides in The Evil Queen's private chamber. And sick of her bulls*t, The Magic Mirror lets her know that Snow White is the badder b*tch. 

The Magic Mirror also lets her know that she has a pig heart in her hand because he is a truth-teller and she is an idiot.

That is the last time we see the Mirror. We never know what comes of it after that point. Though it does appear in many other Disney media.

The end.

SAVING: Grand Pabbie

Anyone have any strong feelings on the remaining ones? I don’t really have any preference between these particular 4 so let me know!  either way, I’m getting ready to eat dinner, so I’ll probably do my cut/saves in like an hour. :yes:

I did get one request, so let’s do this now before I get others that conflict with it :haha:

Cutting Laverne and Diablo

Saving Hugo and John Smith

Laverne (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

source.gif

It’s been several years since I’ve seen this movie, and my biggest memory of it was being terrified by Frollo... so I may at some point need a refresher, especially on these guys. I did decide I wanted to cut one of the gargoyles, but didn’t want to be the one to cut both remaining ones. So Laverne gets the short end of the stick tonight. Laverne is one of the three gargoyles from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. She is often the voice of reason amongst the three, and gives advice and guidance to Quasimodo. While she does have wisdom, she is not above putting the others in their place when need be. She also has a running relationship with a flock of pigeons who bug her throughout the entirety of the movie, though she is able to utilize them briefly to defend against Frollo’s soldiers. While she is an important part of Quasimodo’s journey, this is where I’m choosing to cut her.

Saving: Hugo

Hugo being the only gargoyle to survive. ❤️ 

Diablo (Sleeping Beauty)

tumblr_n595bz0Qqn1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Diablo is a villain/sidekick from Sleeping Beauty. He is the faithful pet raven of Malificent and is almost always seen by her side. He is there when Malificent first places the curse on Aurora at her christening. Then, years later Malificent is upset to find that her goons have failed to find the girl because they have continued to look for a baby for years and years. She sends Diablo to find the grown girl instead, and he is able to find her location fairly quickly. He passes this info on to a delighted Malificent, who is then able to set her plan in motion. Sadly, Diablo ultimately meets his end when he winds up being turned to stone by Merryweather as he tries to stop the fairies’ rescue of Prince Phillip. Malificent is distraught to see the fate of her sidekick. 

Saving John Smith

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Hugo being the only gargoyle to survive. ❤️ 

:wub:

NOMINATIONS

Alcmene and Amphitryon (Hercules)

Atropos, Clotho, and Lachesis (Hercules)

Doc Hudson (Cars)
Sally Carrera (Cars)

Audrey Ramirez (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
Lyle Tiberius Rourke (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
Vincenzo Santorini (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)

Tony (The Lady and the Tramp)

Webby Vanderquack (Mickey + Friends)

Meredith Blake (The Parent Trap)

Annie James and Hallie Parker (The Parent Trap)

Mia Thermopolis (The Princess Diaries)

Sharpay Evans (High School Musical)

Tess Coleman (Freaky Friday)

Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Anna Montgomery (The Big Green)

Pip (Enchanted)

Prince Edward (Enchanted)

Princess Giselle (Enchanted)

Queen Clarisse Renaldi (The Princess Diaries)

Queen Narissa (Enchanted)

Reuben A.K.A. Experiment 625 (Stitch! The Movie)

Archimedes (The Sword in the Stone)
Sir Kay (The Sword in the Stone)
Wart (The Sword in the Stone)

Sina (Moana)

Lieutenant Mattias (Frozen II)
Yelana (Frozen II)

Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet)
Dr. Doppler (Treasure Planet)

Evinrude (The Rescuers)

Dim (A Bug's Life)

Saving Queen Narissa & Princess Giselle

Cutting Sir Kay & Dim

SAVE: Captain Jack Sparrow & Prince Edward

CUT: Tony & Sir Kay

SIR KAY

tumblr_inline_ob8kjwhsIe1qhxf9r_500.gif

I saved him earlier but he's not as lucky, this time around - out of these nominations, he's an easy cut. Who is he? He is the son of Sir Ector, whom I also cut.  What's special about him? He's in training to become a knight, and he's terribly mean to Arthur who is his foster brother. However, unlike his father, Sir Kay does have some remorse and finds a way to respect Arthur when he becomes king - he finds a way to showcase some guilt for the way he treated Arthur as a foster brother. In the movie, he plays a major role notably with his involvement with Merlin - he originally returned the sword to the stone as he realized it was not his, this led to Arthur actually pulling it out to become the King. 

SAVING: PRINCESS GISELLE

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Captain Jack Sparrow

giphy.gif

Tony

297fc285e527e2cda2507eadc0ee1f79.gif

I'm glad I was one of the first people to get here because I didn't want to cut peoples wildcard choices so I chose what I thought were the least offensive options. Tony is a character in Lady and the Tramp. He is the owner of Tony's restaurant and was introduced in 1955. He has an employee named Joe who I don't think was included in this rankdown. Tony is a lovable man who is one of the few who are actually nice to Tramp and gives him scraps of good. He is most known for giving the plate of spaghetti to Lady and the Tramp while performing "This Is The Night" with his employee Joey. He appears in the sequel and the remake. A lovely man. Short-tempered sure but lovely nonetheless. His exit is not a big loss imo.

Saving: Captain Jack Sparrow