Wallace - 13/20

Steven - 13/20

Public - 15/20

Elliott - 19/20

Solaris - 20/20

----------------------

JC:

CsRyZnjUkAA7xF4.jpg

Queen Dami, one of the winners to make this Top 20 and the first of three Australian winners to kick off my top 4 (which is really my top 3 plus Leona :giggle:and with the caveat of Shayne having to be put at 11 even though he should be #1). I just realized that Australia definitely has the best track record when choosing winners after season 3 because my favorites usually actually end up winning! ❤️ Dami actually had such a beautiful underdog journey and was such an unexpected light on the X Factor and X Factor Australian worlds. She came on as a shy girl who looked nothing like a pop star, but then she starts singing and absolutely blows you away. It is just so amazing to be surprised by such a powerful voice behind such an innocent, sweet girl. This girls went into the Australian callbacks without any confidence and forgot her words, which led to her demise and being eliminated even before the judges' houses. Then due to stroke of luck, someone could not make it to judges' houses and Dami was the alternate to get the call! This time she did not forget her words and Danni chose her to go to the finals, where in true underdog fashion, she made it all the way to the end and WON! And honestly, just watch every one of her performances, she truly deserved her win. This queen has a diva way but sings with such refreshing and unique freshness and undeniable likability and no attitude. It circumvents the old diva style which can come off as overplayed and overdone, and really gets you excited, especially with amazing, unexpected song choices. Dami really slayed the competition with her likability, and here are a few of her performances that I am obsessed with, which is probably every single one, but this girl came to slay and never looked back...

One was definitely my favorite performance from Dami, so unexpected and fresh, absolutely stunning, she won me over the very first week with this spectacular performance and followed it up with Purple Rain, and it was just like come on, how can you not love this girl. SLAY KWEEN SLAY! Anyways, not sure if she has a shot to win, but would be also be VERY happy if she won as well.

NICO:

While her run doesn’t have the highs and lows journey that Samantha gave us, her lowkey being brought back into the competition only to win it after never being B2 is also kinda hilarious, and a continuation of the underdogs run of winners that Sam started (and that unfortunately ended with Marlisa. Gross). She has a few duds as far as song choice goes (Roar, Don’t Leave Me This Way and You’re the Voice are her off weeks) but she still delivered them well. She kinda has the same issue that Sam has for me in that a lot of her post-show music is based around covers, so that’s what stops me from putting her higher.

ZOEY:

giphy.gif

Dami was a contestant and winner of The X Factor Australia 2013. Dami is easily one of my favourite contestants from any X Factor franchise and her run on the show was absolutely flawless. Dami is the kind of contestant who could sing anything and make it work and that's what I loved about her run on the show. She didn't just go the typical diva route and threw some curveballs in there to challenge herself and show another side to her that we wouldn't typically see. "The Best of You" still remains one of my favourite performances from that series even if she did look like she was about to put a pair of ice skates on and compete. I'm not particularly sure what Dami has done since the show since I haven't particularly followed her but I'm sure she's doing well on the Australian music scene.

VICTORIA:

source.gif

So here is another contestant I made a deal for with @~Tom~. 😘 At least this one has a gif. :dead: I've also known about Dami because of The R.E. She's a very good singer but I've never sat down to watch her journey so I guess this rankdown will make me have to do that. Dami Im auditioned with "Hero" by Mariah Carey". I know @~Tom~ loved that choice. I loved that a South-Koran who was born in Australia auditioned for the show and was embraced. Redfoo's corny joke regarding the song. :giggle:I couldn't find her first to Bootcamp performances online but I did find her cover of "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. She fumbled a bit and it states she was eliminated but then reinstated so maybe one of you can tell me what happened? Thanks. Dami was reinstated and sang "If I Were A Boy" by Beyoncé. It was a strong vocal but Dannii and Kylie commented on how she's awkward but adorable. She needs to work on her confidence, I agree. She made the finals and for Week 1 she sang "One" by U2. She didn't know the song beforehand so she did well considering. It was a bit shouty imo, but all the judges stood up. It was a strong vocal but a powerhouse nonetheless. Week 2 she sang "Purple Rain" by Prince and it was her best performance to date. It was amazing and looked like a star. I didn't get a video with comments so I don't if the judges stood up or not but I would like to imagine they did. "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston was Dam's next song and she didn't know this song either. It was fun and something I think she needed to do. I do think they hyped it a bit too much because the judges were up before the song even finished. So I got confirmation that all the judges stood up last week as well. I don't think it was as warranted this week and they weren't subtle at all saying they should have a different competition for Dami by herself. :dead: Week 4 she sang "Roar" by Katy Perry. The intro package was so adorable. Dami is so adorable and humble and so is her husband, Noah. This was my least favorite performance from her. All the judges stood up again but it wasn't warranted. I'm getting Joshua Ledet teas. It was a good vocal because it's not hard to outdo Katy Perry but it was not standing ovation worthy imo. Dami took on Foo Fighters and I was worried when I saw the song choice tbh. She rocked it and the all the judges stood up again but this time it was warranted! "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel was the next song Dami tackled and well it was no Clay Aiken, it was still amazing. I said what I said. Dami showed that she has vocals for days and not all the judges stood up this time. Maybe they were trying to reel it in and no over do it? :giggle:Dami went modern and sang "Clarity" by Zedd (feat. Foxes) and I really enjoyed it. I personally love that song. The judges stood up again. My only question was what was with the flying saucer on her head? :dead: Week 7 saw Dami sing "You're The Voice" by John Farnham. I only know this song because David Archuleta covered it on American Idol Season 7. It's apparently an Australian anthem. The song was pitchy and this time only two judges stood up this time. I think David Archuleta did it better. Oops. Dami made the Semi-Final and sang "Saving All My Love For You" by Whitney Houston and "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus. For the Whitney Houston song only her mentor stood up. Oh, wow. It was just okay for me. I liked the falsetto though.On the Miley Cyrus song she came in like a WRECKING BALL and killed. Dami was back in true form and all the judges stood up! That was an amazing performance. She made the Final and she sang "Hero" by Mariah Carey", And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holliday and the Winners Single, "Alive". I know @~Tom~ was excited that she reprised her audition song because it Mariah Carey. :wub: It was better the first time she did it and you could just see how much Dami had grown as a singer and performer. I predict the judges stand up for every performance. Let me see if I am right. So for the song from Dreamgirls the judges stood up on the judges table. :dead: It was an amazing vocal but I think Jessica Sanchez did it better. She won the show with that performance though. AMAZING. For the Winners Single, "Alive"? It's no "A Moment Like This" but it was very nice. She brought the vocals at the end of the song. And I was right. The judges stood up for every single performance. On the night the results were announced she reprised "Purple Rain" by Prince, but I can't find a video for it. :( I'm sure it was amazing though. Dami Im won the competition and with all those standing ovations I'm not surprised. She is a great vocalist and blossomed in front of Australia's eyes. So now it's time for my recap that no one asked for! Dami Im is a South Korean-born Australian singer. She was on The X Factor Australia Season 5 and made it all the way to the final as part of the Over 24s category mentored by Dannii Minogue. She beat Taylor Henderson for the title of Australian Idol. Taylor Henderson, I recognize that name too. "Alive" went #1 on the Australian Singles Chart. She has released 4 albums since the show (one before so 5 in total) and her self-titled album went to #1 on the Australian Albums Charts and the other 3 all reached  the Top 10. Dami went from being on the show to being eliminated to being reinstated to winning the show. @~Tom~, a very big congratulations on getting her to the Top 20. Well done!

TOM:

Dami Im, who originally wasn't supposed to be in judges houses but was a replacement for someone else, slayed the competition every week from the get go, starting with her beautiful audition of Hero. This was especially satisfying because Ronan really wanted to win with one of the boys and watching Taylor stumble on finale night was somewhat satisfying because of this (though I do like Taylor as well, but she still was better on all three performances). It was awesome to see a girl on top of the show every week and get a standing ovation most every week from all of the judges, even after Samantha Jade's underdog journey. Some of her top standouts were One, Roar, Purple Rain, Don't Leave Me This Way, Clarity, Wrecking Ball, And I Am Telling You, and You're the Voice. She never had a bad performance though, and Clarity stands out because everyone else on these singing shows who I've heard try it and butchered it but it was one of her best performances (and she had so many good ones!). Her pre-performances videos were hilarious as well. Apparently she led the votes every week except top 4, and it's not hard to see why unless your name is Elliott!

Here are some of my favorite songs from her post X-Factor, heck it's pretty much all of them, including Sound of Silence, which almost won her Eurovision 2016:

WALLACE:

tumblr_o76o7j8cnk1tlsda4o1_500.gifv

Dami Im is a pop & soul singer who competed on The X Factor Australia Season 5. She was apart of the Over 24s category and mentored by Dannii Minogue. Dami went on to win the season. Very well done to Tom on getting Dami Im into the finals and keeping Dami untouched from being eliminated as Elliott was always targeting her as much as he could. :haha: I do really like Dami but it may be surprising for some people that she wasn’t my actual favorite of her season + she isn’t one of my huge all-time favorites. On the XFAU5 season, I was more invested and interested in Third Degree. Oh how much I wish they could have made it into the Finals round but oh well. :( I do love how my Top 3 of XFAU5 of Dami, Third Degree and Omar all made it so far into the Top 29 of this game. :omg: Dami was always a frontrunner on this season and I always felt and admitted she should win so I am so glad she did. :yes: Omgg I did not know she was replaced by a contestant named Matt Gresham… wow. But let’s take a look at Dami’s run:

Week 1: “One”

- This started off really soft and beautifully but I love how she build up the song as it progressed. Love how she was playing the piano here. Then she was SANGING it toward the end. So good.

Week 2: “Purple Rain”

- I loovee this song SO much. I thought Dami delivered anther really strong and beautiful performance here. Great emotional connection, vocals and vocal range throughout. Another great one from Dami. :wub:

Week 3: “Don’t Leave Me This Way”

- Dami proving she can be a Disco Queen? Maybee. 😮 It was nice seeing Dami having fun and singing an uptempo song lie this. This wasn’t one of my favorites from her and I did find her stage presence a little weird here. But Dami did deliver a great vocal as always. I loved seeing how much fun Dannii was having here. :haha: 

Week 4: “Roar”

- This happened when “Roar” was a new single and I barely knew it back then. :haha: Loved this too and thought she delivered another great vocal here. Also this was quite fun too!

Week 5: “Best Of You”

- I was worried for Dami on Rock week. But wow she really surprised me here. She took an unexpected song choice and really slayed this. Loved her powering and belting notes here. One of my top favorites from her. :omg:  This kinda made me wish she sang more rock songs.

Week 6: “Bridge Over Troubled Water

- This is such a legendary and iconic song…. and so was this Dami performance. She delivered anther stellar and beautiful vocal performance. :omg: This was another one of my top favorites from her. That dress sure is interesting. 

Week 7: “Clarity”

- I love this song too but it feels like this is a hit or miss song on singing shows. Probably one my lower end of faves from Dami but this was a fun performance. And once again more great vocals from her.

Week 8: “You’re The Voice”

- I don’t remember this performance too well but I feel like one act has to sing this song on every season of The X Factor Australia or something. :lmao: This was still another strong and great vocal from Dami.

anigif_enhanced-25661-1396567285-16.gif

Week 9: “Saving All My Love for You” & “Wrecking Ball”

- Dami going all diva on “Saving All My Love for You.” :wub: This was such a classy and gorgeous performance here. “Wrecking Ball” was pretty good too. She kinda sounded like Miley at the start. I was unsure of the start from Dami but she strted delivering once she got into the chorus.

tumblr_o76qetINug1slnu7uo2_r1_500.gifv

Week 10: “Hero,” “Alive,” “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” and “Purple Rain”

- XFAU5 was another season where I quit the season early (aka on the finale) because of Theird Degree’s elimination. I was not pleased. I wish I did watch Dami’s performances but I can do so now.  :haha: “Hero” was her audition song that she got to reprise on the Grand Final. This was a really beautiful and stunning performance. She did a great job with this. I never heard of “Alive,” or maybe I did with the recorded version but I never saw the performance on the show. I’m glad this is a mid-tempo track as everything was ballads that she sang. This song has a great positive message to it and she sounds really good on this. Great original single for her! “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going”was a very ambitious song choice but of course she delivered another outstanding and amazing vocal performance here! :omg: OMG not only did the judges give a standing O but they all stood on the judges table. :dead: “Purple Rain” was fantastic the second time around as it was the first time.

Based on re-watching these performances, I still stand by that Dami deserved her win. Ooh I also noticed she had standing ovations for like all of her performances, so no wonder why Elliott can’t stand her. :dead: I haven’t really kept track of Dami’s music after her time of winning the show. I have heard some of her songs here and there but I’m not sure what’s my favorite(s). I know she has gone onto performing for Australia on EuroVision and has done well there. Dami also competed on Dancing with the Stars Australia Season 17 earlier this year but the less said there, the better. :ph34rwave: I’m happy for Dami making the finals here and hoping she can get a good ranking.

STEVEN:

I've heard Dami Im's cover of "Purple Rain" before, and I'm still very impressed by it when I watch it again. That was incredible and I bet it's one of the best X Factor performances ever. I haven't seen any of her other performances before, but she seemed to have been a very consistent contestant. I do think "Purple Rain" was her best performance though, but she did enough to be crowned the winner of the season despite some iffy song choices. She earned that victory with her terrific voice from what I've seen. She probably deserves a higher ranking from me, but I don't know her well enough to rank her higher than here. I do think she's a great addition to this Top 20 though.

CHRIS:

When it comes to singing competition, I often find myself attracted to two type of contestants: country or powervocalist which is the category Dami falls into. And to no one surprise, I absolutely enjoyed Dami's journey on XFactor - she quickly found a way to prove that she's not your typical powervocalist type where she gave us an interesting take on "Jolene", even though it was not her best performance. But she did not let that performance define her journey on the show - week after week, she delivered great performances such as "Purple Rain", "Bridge over Troubled Water", "One", "Wrecking Ball", and "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going" - no surprise that she won with those performances, even though Taylor would also been a well deserving winner.

Since her win, she has delivered excellent songs notably "Sound of Silence" for Eurovision in 2016! 

ELLIOTT:

One of the worst contestants I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through. The fact that she won is baffling. The fact that she still has fans is disgusting. Ignoring her absolutely mediocre run on The X Factor Australia that somehow resulted in her winning, people still root for her after watching her "dancing" when she was on last year's Dancing With the Stars Australia. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE, IDF. Please have a low ranking so I don't have to waste any more energy on her.

SOLARIS:

I love Dami Im.  She was a breath of fresh air in her season from the moment she messed up Jolene.  She absolutely deserved to win her season.  I planned to rank her in the Top 10.  I have since changed my mind.  Why is she #20?  Well Tom cut a deal with Zoey, and this wound up getting Saara axed.  Tom had enough of his favorites in the finals, so it is only fair I rank her last out of retaliation. Not at all sorry.  That said some of my favorite performances from Dami are: One, Purple Rain, Wrecking Ball, Best of You and Clarity! 

JC being Dami’s highest ranker (although I know it would likely be Tom but he couldn’t with the twist).

Elliott not being Dami’s lowest ranker.

Sola ranking her at #20….

I don’t know what is the most shocking of all of this. :dead: 

• Haha 1

source.gif

Alvaro Soler (Steven)

07. Shayne Ward

09. Alex & Sierra

13. Dami Im

14. Natalie Conway

15. Sally Chatfield

20. CeCe Frey

source.gif

Britney Spears (JC)

04. Dami Im

07. Alex & Sierra

08. CeCe Frey

11. Shayne Ward

14. Sally Chatfield

20. Natalie Conway

giphy.gif

Dannii Minogue (Tom)

04. Sally Chatfield

11. Dami Im

13. Alex & Sierra

15. Natalie Conway

17. CeCe Frey

20. Shayne Ward

source.gif

Demi Lovato (Elliott)

02. Shayne Ward

09. Sally Chatfield

13. CeCe Frey

14. Alex & Sierra

17. Natalie Conway

19. Dami Im

9h5M.gif

Guy Sebastia(Solaris)

03. CeCe Frey

12. Shayne Ward

13. Sally Chatfield

14. Natalie Conway

19. Alex & Sierra

20. Dami Im

giphy.gif

Mel B (Victoria)

07. Sally Chatfield

08. Dami Im

09. Alex & Sierra

12. Shayne Ward

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

1464796871-nicole-scherzinger-x-factor-no-baby-no.gif?crop=1xw:0.8888888888888888xh;center,top&resize=640:*
Nicole Scherzinger (Wally)

13. Dami Im

15. Shayne Ward

16. Sally Chatfield

17. Natalie Conway

19. Alex & Sierra

20. CeCe Frey

natalia-kills-gif-10.gif 

Natalia Kills (Nico)

06. Dami Im

10. Alex & Sierra

13. Sally Chatfield

16. Shayne Ward

18. Natalie Conway

20. CeCe Frey

tumblr_mwtwd08ydw1r6bteso1_500.gif

Tulisa (Zoey)

06. Natalie Conway

07. Dami Im

10. Sally Chatfield

13. CeCe Frey

14. Shayne Ward

16. Alex & Sierra

ScentedIdleDrongo-small.gif

Public (IDF)

07. Alex & Sierra

09. Shayne Ward

15. Dami Im

17. Sally Chatfield

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Please be Leona!

Stop it. 

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@*Wallace is kind of slaying it. 😘

Thank you. :blushingwave:

I'm  surprised how well I'm doing in this.

Also how many deals did you cut with Tom here? :dead: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

All of Zoey's bottom four is still in. :dead:

At least I'm not doing the worst for once.

Lmaooo this is  all realllyy shocking too. :dead: 

Just now, 1234567890 said:

2. I didn't make any other deals since with the passing of my cat I didn't approach anyone.

Ahhh okay I see. :hug: 

It jsut made me giggle how often you mentioned making deals with him in your write-ups. :haha: