Song suggestions for solos and 80’s duets

thevoiceisthetop

Just a few for the solos...

Marybeth - "Speak to a Girl" (Faith Hill) season1 really has the perfect song for her.

Ricky - "Do I Wanna Know" (Arctic Monkeys)

"Lie To Me" (Johnny Lang)

Jake - "You Save Me" (Kenny Chesney)

"Love, Me" (Colin Raye)

Kat - "I Hope You Dance" (Leanne Womack)

"7up" (Boy in Space)

Rose - "Cry To Me" (Solomon Burke)

I'm not going to give suggestions for everybody. Just the people who I can imagine really good fits with.

Rose Short - "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Strategically, I think it would help her to do her own version of a rock song, kinda like what Kyla did in her Semifinals. This song would give her plenty of opportunities to be powerful and a force to be reckoned with, and she has the stage presence to really kill it.

Marybeth Byrd - "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt. Oh GOD PLEASE, she would sound splendid on this and it doesn't require any high notes or belts, just emotional connection to the lyrics.

Hello Sunday - "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls. Plenty of high notes, and they can use it to form a story about how they aren't going home. This show's production team loves that kind of stuff. :rolleyes:

Jake Hoot - "I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice, or "Chiseled in Stone" by Chris Young. The former won an Instant Save for Josh Gallagher against Queen Ali Caldwell, and the latter gave Red Marlow his only great moment in Season 13. Either one is a good strategic choice to pull at the country viewers' heartstrings. Hoot definitely needs a ballad this round. Seems like he's been doing a lot of ballads, though...

I have absolutely no idea on the duets. I'll try, though:

• Katie Kadan / Rose Short. This one makes sense because of their similar styles.
  • Marybeth Byrd / Kat Hammock. Honestly can't imagine anything else. This is the only one that I'm confident the show would actually do.
  • Will Breman / Ricky Duran. Two rock-adjacent guys, maybe?
  • Jake Hoot / Hello Sunday. I'm sorry, this makes zero sense, but they're the only ones left. :haha:

I'm not going to give suggestions for everybody. Just the people who I can imagine really good fits with.

Rose Short - "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Strategically, I think it would help her to do her own version of a rock song, kinda like what Kyla did in her Semifinals. This song would give her plenty of opportunities to be powerful and a force to be reckoned with, and she has the stage presence to really kill it.

I always like to read your posts but let me just say that what's been raising Rose high is the fact that she's been pretty much covering the opposite of overdone songs. So if she were to get Dream On I think it would hurt her because of all the versions that there are out there and yeah Amanda Brown, how can I forget that.

Jesus Rose would would likely put Amanda to shame on this....and that is some serious high praise.

I'm here for it.

Edited by ATX29

I always like to read your posts but let me just say that what's been raising Rose high is the fact that she's been pretty much covering the opposite of overdone songs. So if she were to get Dream On I think it would hurt her because of all the versions that there are out there and yeah Amanda Brown, how can I forget that.

Amanda's epic live performance retired that song for good. Holy crap! One of the best female contestants ever on the show. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hey, I was thinking of Amanda Brown when I suggested "Dream On" for Rose. (Amanda's in my signature, and I put her in red because she's one of my all-time favorites; I love her!) Amanda made a show-stopping moment with the song. You bring up a good point, that Rose has been doing songs that aren't exactly "overdone" and it's working for her.

But it has been a REALLY long time since someone delivered this song powerfully. Amanda was Season 3, 2012 - and a few have tried, but no one has come close to Amanda since then. I think Rose is the first person in a while who could really destroy this one, with the amount of control, grit, and power that she has. I'd really love to see her try.

And I definitely don't want to see her do a predictable song, or R&B or anything, for her semis. She needs to keep playing into her cross-genre appeal, like she did when she covered Blake this week. Maybe she could do another Paul McCartney song, or go towards hard rock and do Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, or another Aerosmith song. I honestly think she could destroy anything and create a memorable moment; just give her a good arrangement and she's set.

Hello Sunday - Praying (Kesha)

Jake Hoot - Colder Weather (Zac Brown Band)

Rose Short - When We Were Young (Adele)

Katie Kadan - Alive (Sia)

Marybeth Byrd - Bring On The Rain (Jo Dee Messina and Tim McGraw)

Will Breman - We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel)

Kat Hammock - Moon River (Audrey Hepburn) - on the piano please

Ricky Duran - The Thrill Is Gone (B.B. King) - more guitar please

DUETS - GUESS #1

Katie and Jake - Stop Dragging My Heart Around (Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty)

Rose and Ricky - I Knew You Were Waiting for Me (George Michael, Aretha Franklin)

Marybeth and Kat - Time after Time (Cyndi Lauper)

Will and Hello Sunday - Shout (Tears for Fears)

DUETS - GUESS #2

Katie and Rose - Ain't Nobody (Chaka Khan)

Ricky and Jake - Under Pressure (Queen and David Bowie)

Marybeth and Will - Somewhere Out There (Linda Ronstadt, James Ingram)

Kat and Hello Sunday - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)

DUETS - GUESS #3

Katie and Marybeth - Up Where We Belong (Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes)

Ricky and Will - Money for Nothing (Dire Straits)

Kat and Jake - Always On My Mind (Willie Nelson)

Rose and Hello Sunday - Greatest Love of All (Whitney Houston)

Hello Sunday - Praying (Kesha)

Rose Short - When We Were Young (Adele)

Ricky Duran - The Thrill Is Gone (B.B. King) - more guitar please

DUETS - GUESS #1

Marybeth and Kat - Time after Time (Cyndi Lauper)

DUETS - GUESS #2

Katie and Rose - Ain't Nobody (Chaka Khan)

Kat and Hello Sunday - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper) (especially if they do a stripped down version like Madi Davis)

DUETS - GUESS #3

Ricky and Will - Money for Nothing (Dire Straits)

Rose and Hello Sunday - Greatest Love of All (Whitney Houston)

Jesus, your guesses are amazing (I singled out my favorites). Are you going to recommend any of them through the app?

For real, your Hello Sunday rec is so emotional, it would give them an opportunity to cry again. :haha: Then Rose+HS would give HS bragging rights over singing Whitney Houston at 14, and Rose's voice would match it really well, hopefully as well as Kymberli Joye and Kennedy did. And Katie+Rose would just sound fantastic with Chaka Khan.

Jesus, your guesses are amazing (I singled out my favorites). Are you going to recommend any of them through the app?

For real, your Hello Sunday rec is so emotional, it would give them an opportunity to cry again. :haha: Then Rose+HS would give HS bragging rights over singing Whitney Houston at 14, and Rose's voice would match it really well, hopefully as well as Kymberli Joye and Kennedy did. And Katie+Rose would just sound fantastic with Chaka Khan.

I'm glad you liked some of my song suggestions. :flowers: Yes, I suggested them on the app almost every week. :haha:

I am hoping the duets would be as follows though: :sorcerer:

Katie and Marybeth

Jake and Kat*

Ricky and Will

Rose and Hello Sunday

*Ever since Kat posted a picture with Jake weeks ago, I'm hoping for their duet :D

IPB Image

Edited by season1