mike champion

perrin york

riah butler

sarah isen

sasha hurtado

stef - in nyc

stephen sylvester

taylor ryan - in nashville

updated (added idolmaniac's and indii's to confirmed and added "out"s) - need 8 more guys and 2 more girls!!

18 hours ago, m1key said:

I feel like there is A LOT of returnees this year. Is that just me??? 

There are 8 returnees right now. They are Genavieve Linkowski, Nick Merico, Margie Mays, Chloe Channel, Hollywood Anderson, Layla Spring, Travis Finlay, and Molly Mae.

Edited by movieguy40

9 hours ago, holinessss said:

aulani confirmed: 

Aliana Jester (insta @alianajesterofficial) t40

Amber Fiedler (insta @amberfiedler) t40

Amelia Joyce - idolmaniac

Arthur Gunn Instagram

Bilaal Avez Instagram

Cameron Havens - idolmaniac

Cyniah Elise (insta @cyniah.elise) t40

Dillon James Instagram

Demi Rae Moreno (insta @demiraemoreno) t40

Devon Alexander Instagram

DeWayne Crocker Jr (insta @singdewayne) t40

Elyjuh Rene - idolmaniac

Emma Valentine - idolmaniac

Faith Becnel (insta @faithbecnel) t40

Francisco Martin (insta @franciscomartinmusic) promo/t40

Genavieve Linkowski (insta @singer4jesus) t40

Grace Lundy - idolmaniac

Jordan Jones (insta @whoisjordanjones) t40

Jovin Webb - idolmaniac

Julia Gargano (insta @julia.gargano) t40

Just Sam (insta @justsam.co) t40

Kimmy Gabriela - idolmaniac

Lauren Spencer-Smith (insta @laurenspencersmith) t40

Louis Knight (insta @louisknightmusic) - idolmaniac

Makayla Brownlee Instagram

Makayla Phillips (insta @makaylaphillipsmusic) t40 

Margie Mays - idolmaniac

Nick Merico - idolmaniac

Olivia Ximines (insta @oliviaximines) t40

Sophia Wackerman (insta @sophiawackerman) t40

most likely out (posting from home day before and during monday):

adam curry

anna carmela

brayell

daniel la rota

erin kirby

evan kuriga

hollywood anderson

isabel osorio

jasmine thurmond

jimmy levy

jonny west

julia minichiello

kat lopez

kelvin thomas - gigging

kris james

kyle tanguay - taking vocal lessons in philly

landen starkman - at a bday party in disneyland

layla spring - baking kale chips at home

lydia simonds

madison paige

meghan fitton

michael wingate - gigging

mike champion

perrin york

riah butler

sarah isen

sasha hurtado

stef - in nyc

stephen sylvester

taylor ryan - in nashville

updated (added idolmaniac's and indii's to confirmed and added "out"s) - need 8 more guys and 2 more girls!!

So Layla Spring actually did worse this season. I wonder what part of Hollywood Week she messed up in. Well the judges wasted that second chance on her. You know who should have gotten that second chance? Shayy Winn should have.

Edited by movieguy40

5 hours ago, movieguy40 said:

So Layla Spring actually did worse this season. I wonder what part of Hollywood Week she messed up in. Well the judges wasted that second chance on her. You know who should have gotten that second chance? Shayy Winn should have.

Probably.  But maybe Shayy wanted to wait a while until she had adjusted enough to her blindness that she could sing well enough to make the Top 40.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Probably.  But maybe Shayy wanted to wait a while until she had adjusted enough to her blindness that she could sing well enough to make the Top 40.

You mean until Shayy Winn makes the Top 20 or Top 24? If they are doing Top 24 instead of Top 20 that is because Shayy Winn made the Top 40 last season. I understand what you are saying, but I don't think her blindness would really get in the way that much of her singing ability. Remember Scott MacIntyre from American Idol Season 8? He was visually impaired too, but managed to finish 8th place on American Idol.

Edited by movieguy40

On 1/30/2020 at 1:19 AM, holinessss said:

Pending Status:

Annaliese Hearns

Arielle Evans - in nashville

Calista Quinn

Chloe Channell - in nashville

Geena Fontanella - was at a house party

Grace Leer

Heaven Lee - shopping at target(?)

Lauren Mascitti

Mike Tocco

Molly Mae - at home

Peyton Aldridge

Ren Patrick - kickboxing

Rob Taylor

Taylor Graves - at home

Travis Finlay - t40 per idolmaniac

Tyla - at some reception thing

Vivian Hicks - at home

Edited by holinessss

That’s great that Travis Finlay made the Top 40. Also, I predicted that half of the 8 returnees would make the top 40 and I was right because Margie Mays, Nick Merico, Travis Finlay, and Genavieve Linkowski made the Top 40. I think that at least two of them will make the Top 20 or 24 if not all 4. Margie Mays is definitely making it this season and it is just so obvious.

23 hours ago, movieguy40 said:

You mean until Shayy Winn makes the Top 20 or Top 24? If they are doing Top 24 instead of Top 20 that is because Shayy Winn made the Top 40 last season. I understand what you are saying, but I don't think her blindness would really get in the way that much of her singing ability. Remember Scott MacIntyre from American Idol Season 8? He was visually impaired too, but managed to finish 8th place on American Idol.

No, it wouldn’t, but last year Shayy had just recently gone blind and that affected her when she made it to the Top 40.  That’s what I was referring to.

22 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

No, it wouldn’t, but last year Shayy had just recently gone blind and that affected her when she made it to the Top 40.  That’s what I was referring to.

Oh okay I see and understand what you are saying. Then I agree with what you said.

I think this is a very strong Top 40 so far. Demi, Lauren, Julia, Cyniah, Bilaal, and Louie are my faves right now. 

I think these judges (or producers) are the best at choosing talent since Randy, JLo, and Steven Tyler. 

Edited by Carrie_On

24 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I think this is a very strong Top 40 so far. Demi, Lauren, Julia, Cyniah, Bilaal, and Louie are my faves right now. 

I think these judges (or producers) are the best at choosing talent since Randy, JLo, and Steven Tyler. 

They messed up on picking not only the right three contestants to give a second chance to this season, but then they messed up on picking Layla Spring out of the three to give that second chance. They wasted that second chance on someone who is a Carrie Underwood wananbe/Carrie Underwood 2.0 and tries too hard to sound as good as Carrie Underwood, Lauren Aliania, Gabby Barrett, and other amazing country singers. Shayy Winn would have been a much better choice of a contestant for the judges to give that second chance to this season.

33 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Also, if Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler were judges last season/Season 17 and Season 16, some of the contestants that made it to the Top 20 in Season 17 and Top 24 in Season 16 they wouldn't have picked. And they definitely would have picked Shayy Winn for the Top 20 without question because even though she messed up during the Top 40, they would remember how great of a singer she is and how consistent and realize how powerful her voice is and the potential she would have had to get far in the competition.

For Season 16 they wouldn't have picked: Layla Spring and Alyssa Raghu (because she wasn't ready yet, but Season 17 she was), Catie Turner, and Trevor McBane.

For Season 17, they wouldn't have picked: Eddie Island, Evelyn Cormier, Wade Cota, and Riley Thompson.

Edited by movieguy40

54 minutes ago, movieguy40 said:

Also, if Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler were judges last season/Season 17 and Season 16, some of the contestants that made it to the Top 20 in Season 17 and Top 24 in Season 16 they wouldn't have picked. And they definitely would have picked Shayy Winn for the Top 20 without question because even though she messed up during the Top 40, they would remember how great of a singer she is and how consistent and realize how powerful her voice is and the potential she would have had to get far in the competition.

For Season 16 they wouldn't have picked: Layla Spring and Alyssa Raghu (because she wasn't ready yet, but Season 17 she was), Catie Turner, and Trevor McBane.

For Season 17, they wouldn't have picked: Eddie Island, Evelyn Cormier, Wade Cota, and Riley Thompson.

This sounds more like who you don't like.  This is really a moot point, because Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler were not the judges the last 2 seasons.