*****Brynn Cartelli Fan Thread*****

rhapsody99

45 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I had a feeling that this might be coming, I'd be honored to run this thread.

I’m sure you’ll do a great job, that’s why I don’t mind giving it to you. It wasn’t an easy decision. I spent a lot of time in the thread on the old platform, and fending off haters everywhere else. I wasn’t really vocal about it, but I thought she could win the show from the very beginning, even before her blind aired. That’s why I made the thread. It was a fun ride. Please don’t remove me from the fan list. :P  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting  new article by people on Brynn: https://people.com/music/brynn-cartelli-based-on-true-story-ep-release-kelly-clarkson-relationship/

headline is about her bond with Kelly but I thought it was interesting hearing her talk about why she took break after the show and how people behind the scenes were pushing her to just sing and telling her she didn’t have to write. I’m glad she pushed for what she wanted to do and sounds like Kelly really helped support her in that 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

@rhapsody99

I sent Istersay a message. She’ll make you OP. Thanks for taking over! 

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

I had a feeling that this might be coming, I'd be honored to run this thread.

okay guys, it's changed now :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 5:07 AM, colemanftw said:

Have the streams for new songs been updated?

Sorry I took so long to answer this, you can see the stream counts on the BOATS page using the desktop Spotify app.

BOATS stats after one week:

One last before BOATS Spotify Stats check:

Monthly listeners: 682,117 846,724

Followers: 58,885 62,282

If I Could: 2,186,186 2,938,929

Long Way Home: 1,246,920 1,420,224

Imaginary Stranger: 70,166

Love You In My Mind: 163,503

We Belong: 52,191

Jane: 124,947

It's interesting that Love You In My Mind is a bit ahead of Jane in streams because Jane has been added to a few Spotify playlists including the New Music Friday playlist so that should have helped boost streams for that one.  It's nice to see the monthly listener count has continued to grow. Brynn was added to the Global Viral Playlist yesterday, Brynn seemed excited about the "Global" part of that in her IG story.

• Thanks 2

On 5/31/2021 at 11:51 AM, TeamAudra said:

I’m sure you’ll do a great job, that’s why I don’t mind giving it to you. It wasn’t an easy decision. I spent a lot of time in the thread on the old platform, and fending off haters everywhere else. I wasn’t really vocal about it, but I thought she could win the show from the very beginning, even before her blind aired. That’s why I made the thread. It was a fun ride. Please don’t remove me from the fan list. :P  

Ha, don't worry I won't put an erasure on your existence as a Brynn fan on here.

21 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Ha, don't worry I won't put an erasure on your existence as a Brynn fan on here.

I didn’t think so. I was mostly joking. 

I just wanted to make it clear to whoever reads this, it doesn’t mean I’m no longer a fan. I’m slowly unloading fan threads, in hopes of being able to unshackle myself from IDF some day. :haha:

Congrats to Brynn on the recent streaming success! Hopefully, it continues. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

It's interesting that Love You In My Mind is a bit ahead of Jane in streams because Jane has been added to a few Spotify playlists including the New Music Friday playlist so that should have helped boost streams for that one. 

This is a reach but Jane is 15 seconds short of being a minute longer than LYIMM. It just takes less time to listen to the whole song. Despite that, I believe LYIMM has a longer playtime.  I'd say it's more relatable and the message is clearer. If you don't still carefully to the lyrics of Jane, you might get lost. Anyway, short songs (especially more upbeat bops) are common in pop today, exactly for that reason. Streams mean everything today. She did that with LWH. Still, her longer songs are doing better and will probably eventually surpass LWH despite it being the lead single. Just an interesting observation I wanted to share

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

This is a reach but Jane is 15 seconds short of being a minute longer than LYIMM. It just takes less time to listen to the whole song. Despite that, I believe LYIMM has a longer playtime.  I'd say it's more relatable and the message is clearer. If you don't still carefully to the lyrics of Jane, you might get lost. Anyway, short songs (especially more upbeat bops) are common in pop today, exactly for that reason. Streams mean everything today. She did that with LWH. Still, her longer songs are doing better and will probably eventually surpass LWH despite it being the lead single. Just an interesting observation I wanted to share

I actually prefer LYIMM. “Jane” is good, but a bit sleepy imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I agree that the message of LYIMM is easier to follow than Jane and it does seem to be more widely relatable than Jane, especially with Brynn's core fan base since when you're younger and inexperienced with relationships you're probably even less likely to express your feelings toward someone you have a crush on. I like the intricacies of the melody of Jane because she chose to reflect emotional unsteadiness with making the words sound unsteady at the ends of the phrases, but that also makes the song harder to sing along to, you need to have a lot of control or it just sounds like you can't sing very well while LYIMM has a more straightforward melody.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I actually prefer LYIMM. “Jane” is good, but a bit sleepy imo.

At first, I preferred Jane by a lot. I really did stream only that song for a few days like I said I would. LYIMM grew on me and love both now. I can see the sleepy comment as it's basically building up all the way till the end. I love it, though. Her tone really comes through beautifully, too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:
On 5/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, colemanftw said:

Have the streams for new songs been updated?

Sorry I took so long to answer this, you can see the stream counts on the BOATS page using the desktop Spotify app.

I was just checking Brynn's Spotify and I noticed Last Night's Mascara gained around 400k streams. I remember it having 7.4 million streams around the time IIC came out. It's nice to see people check out Brynn's page and see what else she has there. Too bad she doesn't have the cover of Creep and Hallelujah there.

Edited by colemanftw

I noticed last night that Brynn has gotten rid of most of the cover videos she posted on her YouTube channel from when she was younger. She kept a few up including the Justin Bieber cover that caught The Voice casting director's attention. There are a lot of videos that are gone now that helped win me over more as a fan including some of her early original songs, I can't quite remember the titles now, but there was one she wrote for her best friend that was moving away and  a Christmas song. Her cover of "When We Were Young" is gone as well, I was really impressed with the maturity beyond her years that she seemed to have in that one. I will say that while Brynn's voice has obviously matured with age since those early videos on YouTube and Facebook, she's also obviously done a lot of work to make sure that she sings with her own natural tone when she sings and she isn't mimicking other singers she likes. I suspect that shift also probably played a part in her pivoting away from her original idea of going more in a soul pop direction to more of alt pop direction. 

• Thanks 3

Brynn did a couple of interviews yesterday.

Brynn visited Chris Kellogg in studio at WMAS in Springfield, MA. Chris was very supportive of Brynn during her run on The Voice. In addition to the interview he also played "If I Could." It sounds like the station is going to continue playing the song. At the end of the interview Brynn was asked about the song she wrote that's going on Kelly's next album. When I first hear Kelly say that she begged Brynn to put the song on Brynn's album, but Brynn insisted on allowing Kelly to use it I was concerned that Brynn may have given away a song that could have potentially been a hit for herself away.  However, in the interview Brynn said that while she loved the song, it didn't feel quite like was right for herself and she had decided not to use it for her own project for that reason (before she ever showed it Kelly). It definitely shows a lot of maturity and artistic integrity to have that kind of mentality. It's great that the song is going to be recorded by someone who's great at expressing the emotion of a song and whose vocal prowess can elevate a song. I think it's definitely going to help increase her clout as a songwriter and this will hopefully lead to other artists cutting her songs in the future.

Listen to the interview here:

https://omny.fm/shows/springfield-wmasfm-default-audio-channel/brynn-cartelli-winner-of-the-voice-season-14-from#description

A picture of Chris and Brynn:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3ywibJ1oD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Pop Dust interview:

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn is the Push Radar featured artist on this MTV livestream on YouTube. It started at 5 p.m. ET. I missed the first few minutes of it I don't know if I missed it. It's a 3 hour show:

So basically Push is a program MTV has to highlight artists that they think will be big one day and Push Radar is basically a pre-cursor to being chosen as a Push artist. The host basically gave a brief intro about Brynn before playing her "Long Way Home" video. He described her as an 18 year-old singer-songwriter that recently released an EP, "Based on a True Story." She was the youngest winner of The Voice and her song "If I Could" recently went viral on TikTok. I'm not sure how many people were streaming when Brynn's video played, but there are about 2,800 people streaming right now. I'm guessing most of the people watching are just waiting to see if the video they requested gets played, but maybe someone who hasn't heard of her before will get check her music out after seeing the video. The host mentioned something about MTV Radar playlists on Apple Music and Spotify, so far Brynn hasn't been added to the one on Spotify. 

• Thanks 2