***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

32 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Two years ago today, Chevel won the Voice! :peace:

It was actually in December. It’s been two years since she received her trophy in the mail, with her name engraved on it. That’s what that post was. It took them 3 months! LOL

Viral video update. Her Facebook post of “Lovesick Blues” is a feeding frenzy with 756K views and over 4K comments! It will go over a million tomorrow, and probably just keep going for a while, because there’s no sign of it slowing down any time soon.  When one of her videos goes viral, it’s really something to watch. A majority of the people have no idea who she is, and there’s a record number of you should go on the voice, America Idol, etc comments. On TikTok, it has 905K views and 4800 comments, and is easily still getting shared enough to reach a million, probably tomorrow. She’s gained almost 40K TikTok followers since she posted that video on Saturday. Now, the key is turning these new followers into consumers of her original music. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It was actually in December. It’s been two years since she received her trophy in the mail, with her name engraved on it. That’s what that post was. It took them 3 months! LOL

Wow, I completely misinterpreted that one. :haha: Can’t believe it took them three months to get that trophy! :dead:

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Wow, I completely misinterpreted that one. :haha: Can’t believe it took them three months to get that trophy! :dead:

Yes, well, it's because it's an old man doing the engraving by hand in his basement in Europe somewhere and it is shipped back & forth from LA to NYC by USPS (regular mail ✉) and then cargo ship across the Atlantic & back and a bicycle delivery from ship docking to the old man's house and back again when he is finished doing maybe a letter per day, if he's not bed-ridden that day.  How many letters in Chevel Shepherd?    Geez, lucky didn't take longer than 3 months.

• Haha 1

I know iTunes doesn’t mean much  anymore and she didn’t even include it on her streaming link,  but two hours after release, the EP is #37 on the country albums chart. I’m sure it will go a lot higher tomorrow. Carrie released an album tonight too, so #1 is probably off the table. EDIT: up to #29 right after I got done typing this. 

As far as streaming goes, I think the best way to help her is to stream “Good Boy” on repeat. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

My Thoughts On the EP

Everybody’s Got A Story - This is the type of song that benefitted from being sung by Chevel. If Kenzie sang this song, I would cringe all throughout it. However, Chevel makes this song so enjoyable to listen to! 🥰

Mama Got the Chair - This might be my favorite of the EP besides “The Letter” obviously. I listened to this hours ago and I can’t seem to remember why I liked it so much. Will definitely re-listen and maybe I’ll add it to a playlist. :thumbs:

Good Boy - This is probably the most marketable song and it will probably be the most popular song, especially after that music video comes out. However, it’s not my favorite song on the EP. It just doesn’t really go anywhere, but it’s definitely catchy. I can see this one growing on me. 

Southern Boy - Pretty much the exact same comments as “Everybody’s Got a Story.” 

Just Like a Circus - Liked this one before, still like this now.

The Letter - Her best song. 

Snakes - Love the instruments on this one, especially with her voice. This is definitely a contender for my favorite of the album (next to “The Letter”) and an inclusion in a playlist. 

• Like 1

My ranking of the songs:

1. Good Boy - Super catchy ear worm song. Will appeal to young people most, which is what she needs. 

2. Just Like A Circus - Shows off her classic voice. 

3. The Letter - Tearjerker

4. Everybody’s Got A Story - Great song, but maybe a little mature content for her age?

5. Southern Boy - Good song, shows the “rock” side of her voice 

6. Snakes - Showing some power. 

7. Mama Got The Chair - I don’t know why, but I’ve never liked this song much. 

She showed a little of everything on the EP, which I think was the point.

Now, let’s see how hard she promotes the EP. As good as she is on social media, I’ve always felt like she could do more to promote her original music to her followers. They clearly love her covers. Make them listen. You literally have to force feed them these days.  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Chevel is doing an in studio interview that's airing in two parts on KRSJ 100.5 in Durango, but I can't find a working live stream to listen. Hopefully they post it after it airs or she or they live stream.

https://www.facebook.com/268881883251193/posts/2043690859103611/?d=n

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2QaiUFZye/

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is from the Apple Music streaming chart. This is what matters, and it should go higher, especially after the “Good Boy” video is released. 

FO8Xe4Z.png

Someone posted a screenshot showing her album at #7 on the iTunes country album chart. Mine isn’t show that that high yet for some reason. I’ll keep an eye on it. 

• Like 1

Personal Ranking of The EP

The Letter: This song made me cry, her best song BY FAR. 
Good Boy: This song is incredible! It’s super marketable and will probably be the biggest hit off of the EP.

Mama Got The Chair: Maybe unpopular, but I love this song! 
Snakes: This song gives me Carrie Underwood vibes and I love the instrumentals! 
Southern Boy: It’s an amazing song, but I’ve listened to it TOO much (to the point where I’ve gotten bored of it). 
Everybody’s Got A Story: It’s good song, but it’s not my favorite (props to Chevel for amazing vocals, as always). 
Just Like A Circus: Same as above, but the music video for this song is incredible! 

The EP is incredible and I hope Chevel is proud of herself. 

Edited by Angeles
  • Like 3