***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

41 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Wow, the ripple effect for Chevel is going to be fantastic.

Someone needs to sign her now and put that song on the radio. Just sayin’....

Negative feedback is almost non-existent, no matter where you look. I’ve seen maybe 3 negative comments in a week, and they were probably trolls. Doesn’t matter the age, background, genre preference, etc. It’s been overwhelmingly positive. Of course, this doesn’t guarantee success. Her and her team need to figure out how to get it on the radio. That’s all. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Today's cover is a cover of "Hands in My Pocket" by Alanis Morissette. As usual, she killed it 😁

This is amazing. Honestly...I’ve preferred her non-country covers lately. Especially “Someone Like You” and this one. If you would have told me this would have been the case a couple years ago, I would have never believed it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This is amazing. Honestly...I’ve preferred her non-country covers lately. Especially “Someone Like You” and this one. If you would have told me this would have been the case a couple years ago, I would have never believed it. 

Same. I like that these covers allow her to explore various genres. Her vibrato sounded so good on this song! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Same. I like that these covers allow her to explore various genres. Her vibrato sounded so good on this song! 

Normally, country singers catch flack from country fans for singing too many non-country songs. She seems to be the exception to that rule. 20K views on Facebook in two hours. They are eating this up. 

• Like 3

Not only is Chevel doing the zoom meetings and facetiming her Twitter fans, now she’s doing workouts with them on the zoom, facetime, or whatever. Sounds like they’re having trouble keeping up with her. lol. This seems unprecedented. At least I’ve never seen it before. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I take it Chevel loves hot sauce and cinnamon rolls (hopefully not together)? That girl got TASTE!!! 😋

Reveal hidden contents

Pun totally intended. :giggle:

Apparently, it’s hot sauce ON the cinnamon roll. Yikes, I’ll pass. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So I’m looking at what’s going on with her “Hand In My Pocket” cover on Facebook, and see that’s it’s already nearing 300K views and will probably easily surpass a million in the next few days. Then I look at her “Good Boy” video on YT and see 414K views in two weeks, which don’t get me wrong, isn’t bad, but there’s still a disconnect somewhere. She still hasn’t figured out how to translate her Facebook popularity to consumption of her original music. This isn’t just limited to FB, but that’s where the disconnect is most obvious, because she clearly has a lot of very loyal fans there, yet they must not understand how to stream, or maybe they just don’t realize how important it is to her. I’m guessing if they did, they would do that for her. They just need to be force fed and/or educated. I’ve been observing this for over a year, and I just don’t think Chevel is very good at promoting her original music on social media. She should just hand someone else the keys. Don’t get me wrong, she’s very good at a lot of other things on social media. But not this. It almost seems like she doesn’t care. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Remember the live-streams she did a year ago to sell the signed CDs? I think that was pretty successful. I saw pictures of a sh*t load of envelopes in boxes to be shipped a few days later. Probably wouldn’t have been the case without the live-streams. She definitely knows how to sell face to face or via video. I’m surprised she hasn’t done any live-streams on FB lately. I mean she has 233K followers and it’s her most active platform BY FAR. 

• Like 1

But I’ll end on a positive note. Her “Hand In My pocket” cover is getting as much positive reception as any cover she’s ever done, and there have been a lot of good ones. I haven’t seen  a single person complain about a non-country song. Any complaints have to do with her sunglasses being too big, and constantly needing to be adjusted, but they still like the singing! LOL 

She’s so good on this song, I wouldn’t even be mad if she came out today and said she’s now a folk or alt-rock singer, even though the chances of that are almost zero. 

So she posted a note on FB asking people to stream and watch the “Good Boy” video, but more than one people in the comments are asking for a link. Not everyone knows what do,

and furthermore, people on social media are lazy af. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Back on the Folk angle, this cover from a few months ago is really underrated, probably because it’s not a well known song. She has a gift for story telling on these types of songs. No showy vocals needed. In that way, perhaps she is more in the Kacey lane. She’s certainly not going to be in R&B country lane. Love this....

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

First Brynn, now Chevel. Actually, Brynn’s might be fake, but maybe she eventually got it done? 

At first, I didn’t like Lauren Duski’s nose ring, but then I was disappointed when she gave it up, because it felt like she had caved to the haters. 

I voted “no” here, but I don’t really care one way or another. 

WiRsOU4.jpg

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

First Brynn, now Chevel. Actually, Brynn’s might be fake, but maybe she eventually got it done? 

At first, I didn’t like Lauren Duski’s nose ring, but then I was disappointed when she gave it up, because it felt like she had caved to the haters. 

I voted “no” here, but I don’t really care one way or another. 

WiRsOU4.jpg

Whatever makes Chevel feel comfortable. 😊

• Like 1

Here’s something related to the tobacco cessation campaign. Seems like there are two different organizations and two different sets of commercials. There’s Quit Now NM and No More NM. That probably means two different organizations paying her, so it’s all good. 

Also, what happened to our Twitter embedding? It’s not supposed to look like that. @istersay It’s bad enough we can’t embed IG anymore, and now this. 

• Like 1