Victoria - 12/20

Dee - 12/20

James - 13/20

MEGAN

Ampharos

ampharos-gif-9.gif

giphy.mp4

1473592709101.gif

Up until the advent of the perfect Pokemon Toxtricity, the Ampharos line was by far my favorite Electric-type line (and Pokemon) in the whole series. As it is, it now lands as #2 (again, Toxtricity is perfect). I love Ampharos because it’s a total weirdo. It’s a bipedal sheep that has lost all its wool and is also part lighthouse. It’s also likely inspired by very good book (which became a favorite movie of mine) “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.†When it mega evolves it regains a glorious mane and becomes part dragon. Incredible. It also has some of the best stats for an electric-type Pokemon (which obviously only get better with a Mega Evolution) and as a pure electric-type, it only has one weakness (to ground) and when you Mega Evolve it, the part dragon gives it three additional weaknesses (ice, fairy, and dragon) but also three additional resistances, making it fairly viable in battle. Though by the time you obtain Ampharos it’s likely only going to be useful in the Olivine gym battle (as electric is resistant to steel), a pure electric type is going to be solid postgame (especially with the reintroduction of Kanto) and again as it only has one weakness you can typically throw it in to grind down the HP of an Elite Four member’s Pokemon or standing in while you heal the Pokemon that might be strong against a member.

But also it’s incredible and you should just include it in your party regardless of whether or not it’s good for endgame/postgame battling.

NICO

6. Ampharos

I wasn’t the biggest fan of electric type pokemon in Gen 1. I think I never used one regularly outside of Jolteon. But with Gen 2 they delivered Ampharos, and I think I never played without one on my team. It’s both bulky and strong, which is an odd mix, and slow af, so even weirder for an electric pokemon. But that’s what made it great. It has a great special attack (where electric pokemon shine) and can tank an earthquake, which is extremely useful. Plus it has enough of a movepool to get some variety (it’s not amazing tho, just good enough). Plus the added mega is a nice bonus I guess. It already has the electric title, but hopefully it gets a nice spot.

STEVEN

AMPHAROS

zGy0wUo.gif

Ampharos, classified as the Light Pokémon, is an Electric type introduced in Generation II. Ampharos is the final evolved form of Mareep. Mareep evolves into Flaaffy at level 15, and then Flaaffy can evolve into Ampharos at level 30. Ampharos is also capable of Mega Evolution. Ampharos's design seems to be a combination of a sheep and a lighthouse. According to its Pokédex entry, the light on Ampharos's tail will act like a beacon for lost people. Ampharos's light shines so brightly that it can even be visible from space. As for Pokémon battles, Ampharos has a tremendous Special Attack stat. However, its Speed stat is severely lacking. However, I found Ampharos to be pretty reliable. I had an Ampharos on my Pokémon Soul Silver team, which happens to be a reason why I've chosen to rank Ampharos this high on my ranking.

5479f53b75715cbce6a45ec2036c3500b34773f7

SOLA

Ampharos:

I really like Ampharos, it’s probably in my Top 10 electric type Pokémon.  Its awesome Megan pushed it all the way to this point.  In terms of this top 20, I like a lot of them so Ampharos falls in the top half.  I don’t care for Mareep or Flaaffy, so I have to endure them to get to Ampharos.  When Ampharos got a mega evolution I stanned it hard, that hair, so good.  I also like that it picked up the dragon typing.  Ampharos is from gen 2, and has strong stats in Special attack, and decent all around defenses.  It is pretty slow; I don’t find that to be the case with most electric types.  It gets even slower as a mega evolution too.

VICTORIA

Ampharos

Spr_2g_181.png

Ampharos, I wanted to cut this Pokémon because it's an Electric-type and I am still bitter about Pikachu. That PTSD is real. Ampharos is cute, I will give it that and only that. Ampharos is an Electric-type Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Flaaffy starting at level 30. It is the final form of Mareep. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Ampharos using the Ampharosite. Oh, this is the final evolution of Mareep. I like it now. It's known as the Light Pokémon. Ampharos appears in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a Spirit. That is cool, I guess. A number 12 rank is not too shabby. I wish nothing but the best you know that I know you are of the Mareep line

DEE

#12. Ampharos (Generation II)

giphy.gif

I love Ampharos. A silent favorite of mine, I really tried to stay quiet about my love for this species towards the end of the game. While not my pick for the highest ranking Electric type, I cannot say I am mad about Ampharos's place in the finals. ❤️ 

The Light Pokémon, Ampharos is an Electric Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation II. Ampharos is the final evolutionary form of Mareep, evolving from Flaaffy starting at Level 30. Ampharos is capable of Mega Evolution, evolving into Mega Ampharos after using the Ampharosite. The orb on its tail is capable of generating light that can be seen from outer space. People often use this light as a beacon or as a guide when traveling across oceans. Mega Ampharos regains the wool it had lost, and massive amounts of energy stimulate Ampharos's cells, awakening its long-dormant dragon's blood. That makes Mega Ampharos a dual-type Electric/Dragon Pokémon, a super cool type combination.

Ampharos uses the starting ability of Static and the hidden ability of Plus. Mega Ampharos uses the ability of Mold Breaker. Medium Slow Leveling Rate. 11.9% Catch Rate. EV Yield of 3 Special Attack. From Generation II to Generation V, Ampharos had a base stat total of 500. At Generation VI, Ampharos saw a ten point increase in its base stat total. Speed is the only low stat at 55. Mega Ampharos has a base stat total of 610. Ampharos's only weakness is to Ground species. That's amazing. Three resistances to Electric, Steel, and Flying Pokémon. Zero immunities. Mega Ampharos is weakened by Ground, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy Pokémon. Six resistances to Flying, Steel, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric species. Mega Ampharos is at a greater disadvantage in battle, but both versions of Ampharos kick ass. Ampharos also has one of my favorite movesets period. Thunder Punch, Zap Cannon, Thunder Shock, Discharge, Thunder, Dragon Pulse, etc. I love Electric type movesets, and Ampharos is no exception. 

I really grew attached to Amphy through the anime and manga though. Mainly the anime.  :wub:

Ampharos uses its electricity for so many jobs during the anime. Pharmacist. Train conductor. I really appreciate its battle with Charizard during Those Darn Electabuzz!. Ampharos is one of my favorite Pokémon ever. I love the entire Mareep line, and Ampharos is just the culmination of all things awesome about Mareep and Flaaffy.

REI

BT181.png
Ampharos is a cool Pokémon but not a top favorite of mine, and while I would prefer other electric Pokemon to be last one standing, I’m certainly not mad that it made it all the way to #7. Ampharos was originally released as part of the second generation of Pokémon during the Gold/Silver games. Ampharos is the final form of Mareep and its a pure electric Pokémon. It is a bipedal sheep that looks nothing like a sheep :haha: Ampharos is quite the strong Pokémon and it’s a very reliable Pokémon to have in your team with a total of 510 it BST.  It is only weak to Ground. It’s also resistant to Flying, Steel and Electric. Ampharos can mega evolve to Mega Ampharos where the points will rise to 610 and gain three more weaknesses but also three more resistances. But most important than that, Ampharos would obtain a pretty awesome haircut that would make everybody else jealous. Lol Mega Ampharos design is pretty cool and it’s one of those Mega that improves the Pokémon so much. Mega Ampharos is one of those Pokémon that I would like to hang out with, so I can just stand by its side while it’s rocking that awesome look.

My ranking: 13/20

JAMES

AMPHAROS

cb54c1a6b04c40d7dc65160af2bfe7676314ba95

I was relatively torn on which Electric Pokémon I had hoped to see be the last one standing. Initially, I was hoping to see Zebstrika reach that achievement, with Luxray as my backup option. But I've gotta say, Ampharos is an excellent choice as well! Representing for Megan's beloved trio of Gen. II sheep, it is a nifty presence in our Top 20. :flowers:

Ampharos is an Electric-type bipedal sheep, known as the "Light Pokémon". It evolves from the pink Flaaffy ("Wool Pokémon") at Level 30, which evolves from the blue and white Mareep (also "Wool Pokémon") at Level 15. Ampharos can also Mega Evolve into Mega Ampharos, using the Ampharosite. This adds some wispy, fluffy hair to its appearance on its head and tail! :giggle: It also becomes a dual-type Electric/Dragon Pokémon in the process.

You cannot capture Ampharos in the Johto wild, which is no surprise. You can locate either Mareep or Flaaffy along Routes 42 + 43, as well as the former on the earlier Route 32! That's a relief, because you might as well start from the beginning, train it the whole way through, and experience the full ride. However, this line is only available in the Silver/Gold games. You'll have to trade it into Crystal. :ph34rwave:

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

source.gif

Edited by reimaldonado

Dee:

02. Haunter

03. Decidueye

04. Snorlax

06. Lucario

09. Articuno

12. Ampharos

13. Krookodile

14. Noivern

15. Tyranitar